All these juices crack polycarb tanks. So why buy it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youmadbrah

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Cairo,Egypt
Sour flavors
Malic acid
Citrus acid
Cinnamon like "atomic cinnamon" types, not warm cinnamon like cinnamon coffee cake, this is okay
Wintergreen juice or flavoring
TPA ripe banana flavoring
TPA honeysuckle flavoring
TPA maraschino cherry flavoring
TPA cherry blossom flavoring
TPA root beer flavoring
Mrs. T's strawberry shortcake, snickerdoodle
KBV Hummingbird nectar
mimosa(because of the orange)
cola(because of cinnamon)?
Vapor Renu Teaberry, cherry vanilla (possibly most of their flavors)
Vapor Renu Mt. Dew baha blast and Strawberry limeade
Oil based/e liquid that contains essential oils, when mixed with pg/vg, creates esters which will crack plastics
E liquids that contain triacetin, used in vg liquids to carry flavor more effectively
Vapalicious Gooey Butter Cake
Nutmeg
Clove oil
Mt. Dew flavoring
TPA Cinnamon Danish flavoring
Sassafras
Rawrvapor Hawaii Sunrise
TPA Vanilla Custard flavoring
Tasty Vapor Cherry Cola
Vixen Vapor Rootbeer
TPA Pineapple flavoring
TPA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream flavoring
Vaporgod Licorice
VAL Goddess
VermillionRiver e juice

Eliteedge_7

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Shelby , Michigan
just use a different type of tube than poly. what really made me worry is some juices will melt the delrin end caps ( Vapor Renu mt. dew and sprite in my case) ate the delrin end caps and turned them to goo on my ssr tank (which uses a siringe like tubing) LUCKLY this was before good prophets stopped making the ssr and I got replacements.

Youmadbrah

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Cairo,Egypt
just use a different type of tube than poly. what really made me worry is some juices will melt the delrin end caps ( Vapor Renu mt. dew and sprite in my case) ate the delrin end caps and turned them to goo on my ssr tank (which uses a siringe like tubing) LUCKLY this was before good prophets stopped making the ssr and I got replacements.

Like Pyrex or steel ? What do u use?

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
Surprised to hear about the Delrin which is one of the better plastics when it comes to chemical resistance, although it is not at the top of the chemically resistant plastics. Polycarbonate, while mechanically very tough, absolutely and unequivocally sucks in any kind of chemical environment. especially one where any kind of heat is involved. In my first job out of grad school, it cost my company millions $ to replace polycarbonate parts that were cracking all over the place. Luckily for me, I was the one engineer who said don't use it on a new product design, but I was barely a month into the job at the time.

It really stuns me to see polycarbonate tanks still being used when other alternatives are available. Impact resistant glass would work fine, except that it is a bear to cut without some special tooling even if the tooling would not be that expensive-basically a diamond cutting wheel in a tube cutter. You are not exactly cutting the glass but scoring and breaking it.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Seems to me all polycarbonate is not of the same chemical make up, I have run the same juice in some poly tanks and they have cracked and in others that have not. I especially like the full 1/8" walled good polly tanks, I have no issues with the ones I'm using, no cracks at all, the Phidiac pyrex glass tanks also dont crack either.

sobero4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2010
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I feel ya, I cracked a whole lot of tanks, I just stick with my big daddy and lil' mama tanks. I have the all SS version and the delrin endcap/pyrextube setups for both the BD and LM. Love these tanks... 4 tanks with no leaks just like the 2 DCT MAP tanks I own and hold a bit more eliquid than the DCT MAP, but don't look as cool on my Provari as the DCT MAP does. If I can get a SS or pyrex tubing cut to DCT MAP specs, I'll put the 2 little fellas back on my roster with full faith of their ability to perform like I need them to!!!

Flying W

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
CFH,Tx.
Sour flavors
Malic acid
Citrus acid
Cinnamon like "atomic cinnamon" types, not warm cinnamon like cinnamon coffee cake, this is okay
Wintergreen juice or flavoring
TPA ripe banana flavoring
TPA honeysuckle flavoring
TPA maraschino cherry flavoring
TPA cherry blossom flavoring
TPA root beer flavoring
Mrs. T's strawberry shortcake, snickerdoodle
KBV Hummingbird nectar
mimosa(because of the orange)
cola(because of cinnamon)?
Vapor Renu Teaberry, cherry vanilla (possibly most of their flavors)
Vapor Renu Mt. Dew baha blast and Strawberry limeade
Oil based/e liquid that contains essential oils, when mixed with pg/vg, creates esters which will crack plastics
E liquids that contain triacetin, used in vg liquids to carry flavor more effectively
Vapalicious Gooey Butter Cake
Nutmeg
Clove oil
Mt. Dew flavoring
TPA Cinnamon Danish flavoring
Sassafras
Rawrvapor Hawaii Sunrise
TPA Vanilla Custard flavoring
Tasty Vapor Cherry Cola
Vixen Vapor Rootbeer
TPA Pineapple flavoring
TPA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream flavoring
Vaporgod Licorice
VAL Goddess
VermillionRiver e juice

I have five tanks and I use a lot of different juice in them. I have never had one crack,or get blurry frosted.What is in these juices that would crack a tank.I still havent seen a cracked tank yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread