1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

All these juices crack polycarb tanks. So why buy it!

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Youmadbrah, Dec 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Youmadbrah

Youmadbrah Super Member ECF Veteran

Sour flavors
    Malic acid
    Citrus acid
    Cinnamon like "atomic cinnamon" types, not warm cinnamon like cinnamon coffee cake, this is okay
    Wintergreen juice or flavoring
    TPA ripe banana flavoring
    TPA honeysuckle flavoring
    TPA maraschino cherry flavoring
    TPA cherry blossom flavoring
    TPA root beer flavoring
    Mrs. T's strawberry shortcake, snickerdoodle
    KBV Hummingbird nectar
    mimosa(because of the orange)
    cola(because of cinnamon)?
    Vapor Renu Teaberry, cherry vanilla (possibly most of their flavors)
    Vapor Renu Mt. Dew baha blast and Strawberry limeade
    Oil based/e liquid that contains essential oils, when mixed with pg/vg, creates esters which will crack plastics
    E liquids that contain triacetin, used in vg liquids to carry flavor more effectively
    Vapalicious Gooey Butter Cake
    Nutmeg
    Clove oil
    Mt. Dew flavoring
    TPA Cinnamon Danish flavoring
    Sassafras
    Rawrvapor Hawaii Sunrise
    TPA Vanilla Custard flavoring
    Tasty Vapor Cherry Cola
    Vixen Vapor Rootbeer
    TPA Pineapple flavoring
    TPA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream flavoring
    Vaporgod Licorice
    VAL Goddess
    VermillionRiver e juice

2. Eliteedge_7

Eliteedge_7 Senior Member ECF Veteran

just use a different type of tube than poly. what really made me worry is some juices will melt the delrin end caps ( Vapor Renu mt. dew and sprite in my case) ate the delrin end caps and turned them to goo on my ssr tank (which uses a siringe like tubing) LUCKLY this was before good prophets stopped making the ssr and I got replacements.

3. Youmadbrah

Youmadbrah Super Member ECF Veteran

Like Pyrex or steel ? What do u use?

4. CCC

CCC Super Member ECF Veteran

You can get glass, or steel.

5. Eliteedge_7

I use stainless steel and syringes cut to length, no real clue what type of plastic they are never looked into it.

6. Old Chemist

Old Chemist Super Member ECF Veteran

Syringes are usually made of polypropylene (PP) or polyethylene (PE). Those plastics are the most suitable for our purposes.

7. tonyorion

tonyorion Super Member ECF Veteran

Surprised to hear about the Delrin which is one of the better plastics when it comes to chemical resistance, although it is not at the top of the chemically resistant plastics. Polycarbonate, while mechanically very tough, absolutely and unequivocally sucks in any kind of chemical environment. especially one where any kind of heat is involved. In my first job out of grad school, it cost my company millions $ to replace polycarbonate parts that were cracking all over the place. Luckily for me, I was the one engineer who said don't use it on a new product design, but I was barely a month into the job at the time.

It really stuns me to see polycarbonate tanks still being used when other alternatives are available. Impact resistant glass would work fine, except that it is a bear to cut without some special tooling even if the tooling would not be that expensive-basically a diamond cutting wheel in a tube cutter. You are not exactly cutting the glass but scoring and breaking it.

8. Eliteedge_7

I like the idea of using Impact resistant glass and am going to have to give it a try. it would probably work really well in a genisis atty.... hmmm mind is going on a whole new world of possibilities... :vapor:

9. mwa102464

mwa102464 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
    Seems to me all polycarbonate is not of the same chemical make up, I have run the same juice in some poly tanks and they have cracked and in others that have not. I especially like the full 1/8" walled good polly tanks, I have no issues with the ones I'm using, no cracks at all, the Phidiac pyrex glass tanks also dont crack either.

10. sobero4

sobero4 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I feel ya, I cracked a whole lot of tanks, I just stick with my big daddy and lil' mama tanks. I have the all SS version and the delrin endcap/pyrextube setups for both the BD and LM. Love these tanks... 4 tanks with no leaks just like the 2 DCT MAP tanks I own and hold a bit more eliquid than the DCT MAP, but don't look as cool on my Provari as the DCT MAP does. If I can get a SS or pyrex tubing cut to DCT MAP specs, I'll put the 2 little fellas back on my roster with full faith of their ability to perform like I need them to!!!

11. jacquelyn

jacquelyn Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

What supplier is TPA

12. Dj Xy

Dj Xy I'm winning like Charlie Verified Member ECF Veteran

The Perfumers Apprentice

13. Femputer

Femputer Full Member

Joogler juice acai cracked one of my tanks, not sure what's in it that caused the crack but figured I'd just mention that.

14. ninfreak

ninfreak Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

i have had no problems with half the flavors mentioned. ive used a whole ounce of pineapple in tanks and not one crack, also have used hummingbird nectar-nothing, mountain dew-nothing, lots of v bean-nothing. ive only have had issues with bannanas and cinnamon, the typical suspects

15. Flying W

Flying W Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have five tanks and I use a lot of different juice in them. I have never had one crack,or get blurry frosted.What is in these juices that would crack a tank.I still havent seen a cracked tank yet.

16. sportyfortyeight

sportyfortyeight Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Stainless steel ftw. Iv got 6 tanks with both size ss tubing and then extras just in case I ever get more tank end. Only thing that's bad is you can't see your juice level but most should know how long they can go till its refill time.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

17. keyzygirl

keyzygirl ECF Guru ECF Veteran

I use a glass Phiniac tank and have been vaping cinnamon in it for a few days without an issue. Im pretty happy with it.

: provari
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.