Not open for further replies.

coilspotting

I Vape and I Vote
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2016
Mossyrock WA
I was afraid you were going to throw down that gauntlet!! :facepalm:

I raise sheep so it's not like I don't have a good excuse to try. My only fear is that if it DOES burn, it'll smell/taste like burning hair - because that's what it is, fire-resistant or not. But ok. I'll take one for the team and report back!

There have been all kinds of material used for wicking, I'm sure someone somewhere has tried it, but i have not heard if it, give it a try and let us know. :D

coilspotting

I Vape and I Vote
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2016
Mossyrock WA
I was afraid you were going to throw down that gauntlet!! :facepalm:

I raise sheep so it's not like I don't have a good excuse to try. My only fear is that if it DOES burn, it'll smell/taste like burning hair - because that's what it is, fire-resistant or not. But ok. I'll take one for the team and report back!
But on the subject of wicking; I'm trying to figure out how to stop wick collapse (where the wick breaks in two inside the coil). It seems to always happen on Day 2 of a new wick. I've tried everything I can think of to stop it - tighter/looser density in the middle, etc). And oddly enough it always seems to happen in one (not both) of my dual-coil setups. I'm 100% certain the thickness is the same because I'm using one longer length of rayon in both (thread, pull through to almost-end, cut, thread in next coil, repeat). Also WHICH coil wick collapses isn't consistent. Anyway it's a mystery. If anyone has any thoughts LMK?

The collapse event is when I have to rewick - once that collapse happens the flavor goes to the bad place.

Back on topic, I'm awaiting my iCare mini order as we speak (back ordered). Crossing fingers!!

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
My icare mini will be waiting for me at home today! I just stumbled upon the eleaf icare inano. Has anyone here had any experience with it? It haseems peaked my interest also, just wondering if anyone has an opinion on which is the better device. Thank you
Eleaf iNano Kit is an interesting little device, looks to be $15 to $20 on vapecrawler, and it has a FIRE BUTTON :D Will research it more for sure. :)

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
I'd like to see spare tanks you could load up, and just pop em in when needed.

Just ordered an iNano for the wife and 3 "coils/tanks" for it. They may be drop ins for the iNano, but they are also 510 threaded for use where ever you want. $12.99 for the iNano, $1.99 for the (call them what they are) replacement cartomizers. Not bad!

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Just ordered an iNano for the wife and 3 "coils/tanks" for it. They may be drop ins for the iNano, but they are also 510 threaded for use where ever you want. $12.99 for the iNano, $1.99 for the (call them what they are) replacement cartomizers. Not bad!

Just ordered a gray one. I wasn't going to yet, but it's so cheap I might as well see which I like better, the icare mini or the inano
Y'all got some links to share :rolleyes:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Anyone wonder where /how contact is made for the coil? I'm used to cleaning my posts and threads for optimal performance. If a stray piece of metal gets in, will it short out? Will it auto-fire then?

Anyone find out how to keep this from crackling loudly? I ended up not being able to use it for a stealth situation yesterday. I was Really looking forward to being able to do that.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    I received the red one from VaperSourcing (that Pre-sell place) today, checked it out, charged it and filled it. I may not have waited long enough for the eliquid to soak fully into that tiny little coil.. but it is working fine! Just off a bit on taste this time. Two more are due in, another black from MVS tomorrow and a gold one from Fasttech.. maybe in two weeks......

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    I received the red one from VaperSourcing (that Pre-sell place) today, checked it out, charged it and filled it. I may not have waited long enough for the eliquid to soak fully into that tiny little coil.. but it is working fine! Just off a bit on taste this time. Two more are due in, another black from MVS tomorrow and a gold one from Fasttech.. maybe in two weeks......
    I've got a Cyan and a Gold on the way from the same place. Just cleared thru "ICS CHICAGO" :banana: But the last pkg to come thru there vanished from tracking for 10 days until it showed up on my doorstep!:evil:

aikanae1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2013
    az

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2014
    Florida
    Just got my mini broke in. I like it pretty well. I am using 2.4 mg Big Spirit from N.E.T and it seems to be working well. Hard to believe how small it is. It is a bit loud, but nothing horrible. My biggest complaint is where the vapor comes out in the mouth piece. It is off to the side of the mouth piece and you can tell. May not bother most people, but that is a bit annoying for me, but not a deal breaker. So far so good. Now I am excited to get the inano and see which one I like the best. I do like the PCC, if I like the inano I will just order a 2nd one so I always have one charged up. But yeah, if you like something small, so far from what I can tell, you cant go wrong with the mini.

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Anyone wonder where /how contact is made for the coil? I'm used to cleaning my posts and threads for optimal performance. If a stray piece of metal gets in, will it short out? Will it auto-fire then?
    Bottom of coil is +, and I guess the outside is - . Not sure about how a stray piece of metal would get in, but hope it has some kind of protection. :nun:

Anyone find out how to keep this from crackling loudly? I ended up not being able to use it for a stealth situation yesterday. I was Really looking forward to being able to do that.
    I think it is the low Ω coil, once I build a 1.5Ω coil (when I get my stuff from FT) we will see if that helps. I'll keep you posted. :)

Only black in stock. I think I will wait for more reviews by y'all before I get this one, but thanks for the links. :)

Reactions: phonedude
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread