Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Anyone know how long a brand new sealed in it's box device can go into storage and still be good?
And here's a nice chart...
batteries.jpg

I would suggest throwing them in the refrigerator.
:)

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
Ahhhhhh, Foggy, I knew you were somehow involved in this intervention of sorts:) first the icare, now the obscure yet interesting billet box and it's counterparts :thumbs:.......it's like stepping out of Plato's Cave and you are there to assist and enlighten ;) , I might as well get a Reo ( or rheo) now as well and get it over with:)

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
What's the tank made of? Is it food/juice safe? Some plastics aren't, they can leach. I'm pretty much a stainless and glass tank guy. Not big on "hey let me suck this new China made thing into my lungs I'm sure theyve tested it" without knowing these things :D
After 45 years of pumping 50 gazillion chemicals into my lungs I don't spend a whole lotta time wringing my hands over what stray molecule of this or that may find it's way into my vape. BUT if this mod does cause me to grow a 3rd ear on the tip of my nose I'll be sure to let everyone now. But then again everyone will require documented proof that it came from my vape. :confused:

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
One of the four at my house has an issue. The coil/tube will not go in straight into the tank. It still works, a bit tighter on the draw. Seems to me that the inner threading is off. Tried another icare's tube in it and the same thing, angled more than a bit and tighter draw.

At just over $12 I'm not going to complain, I'll just order another for the wife! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Well , I dun it again. Rebuilt 3more heads. 2 with gauze and 1with JOC. The 1st gauze one is working well, only issue is a fairly tight draw. Ok for MTL but DTL is barely doable. Loosening up a little as it breaks in tho. The other are spares. I'll see what they do when i need them.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
After 45 years of pumping 50 gazillion chemicals into my lungs I don't spend a whole lotta time wringing my hands over what stray molecule of this or that may find it's way into my vape. BUT if this mod does cause me to grow a 3rd ear on the tip of my nose I'll be sure to let everyone now. But then again everyone will require documented proof that it came from my vape. :confused:
For me, it's because I like tank killer flavors.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I love mine but keep an eye on the juice level. I burn't both coils running out of juice. I need to know what to re-wick the coils with.
I've placed 2 orders for coils and got screwed both times. The last time was with perfect vapes. After 10 days shipping time and still no coils I'm thinking they are taking orders and shipping from China.
That's why I really need to know what wicking material they're using if anyone knows PLEASE.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I love mine but keep an eye on the juice level. I burn't both coils running out of juice. I need to know what to re-wick the coils with.
I've placed 2 orders for coils and got screwed both times. The last time was with perfect vapes. After 10 days shipping time and still no coils I'm thinking they are taking orders and shipping from China.
That's why I really need to know what wicking material they're using if anyone knows PLEASE.
I think @Burnie has good handle on original wicking material. I've just been playing around with cotton, gauze and whatever else i might dig up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread