Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
On FB someone is selling stabilized wood cases for the iCare. $75 shipped. It boggles the mind. 5 times the cost of the device for a case.
:facepalm: But someone might really buy them :facepalm:

I'm anxious also. I watch one vid, and it looks like there is a decent amount of vapor, then I watch another, and there doesn't seem to be much vapor. Maybe it just depends how the af is set.
Could also be the VG content, how long the draw, I saw what you have. I am interested in trying it myself. Have 2 coming now, one from FT and one from California, hope to be trying one by the first of the week. :rolleyes: I still don't like that the places selling them don't have the replacement coils in stock, not a good sign. Looking at what pictures I can find, these coils will be a challenge to rebuild. I still think I can do it, but I'm sure it will be a PITA. :)

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.

Could also be the VG content, how long the draw, I saw what you have. I am interested in trying it myself. Have 2 coming now, one from FT and one from California, hope to be trying one by the first of the week. :rolleyes: I still don't like that the places selling them don't have the replacement coils in stock, not a good sign. Looking at what pictures I can find, these coils will be a challenge to rebuild. I still think I can do it, but I'm sure it will be a PITA. :)

DFW has the coils.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX

I have a bunch of those precoiled nr-r-nr wires from FT. Wondering if they may be a good fit arranged vertically.

Reactions: Burnie

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
DFW has the coils.
This turned me off from purchasing from DFW

"Notice to our Online Customers

Beginning October 1st, 2015, Texas law will require a signed statement by any prospective online customer in writing certifying their address and date of birth for all shipments of electronic cigarette and E-Liquid packages.

Only individuals 18 years or older will be allowed to complete an online order for shipment. These requirements begin October 1, 2015 and are effective under penalty of law as of that date, as outlined in Texas State Law, Sec. 161.452 and Sec. 161.453 of S.B. No. 97.

For our customers, this simply requires the following:
  1. Written verification online at time of order of customer’s date of birth and address, verifying they are over 18 years of age;
  2. The customer (person who’s name is on the shipment) must be present at delivery of shipment and must be 18 years of age;
  3. The person receiving the shipment must present identification for themselves, which must also match the name on the credit card used to make the initial purchase."
I have a bunch of those precoiled nr-r-nr wires from FT. Wondering if they may be a good fit arranged vertically.
I use those all the time in my Sophia's and Fogger Mini's, have some more coming with the order of my iCare from FT. The lowest I have coming is 1.6Ω, but it is worth a try. :)

Reactions: Foggy Road

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
This turned me off from purchasing from DFW

"Notice to our Online Customers

Beginning October 1st, 2015, Texas law will require a signed statement by any prospective online customer in writing certifying their address and date of birth for all shipments of electronic cigarette and E-Liquid packages.

Only individuals 18 years or older will be allowed to complete an online order for shipment. These requirements begin October 1, 2015 and are effective under penalty of law as of that date, as outlined in Texas State Law, Sec. 161.452 and Sec. 161.453 of S.B. No. 97.

For our customers, this simply requires the following:
  1. Written verification online at time of order of customer’s date of birth and address, verifying they are over 18 years of age;
  2. The customer (person who’s name is on the shipment) must be present at delivery of shipment and must be 18 years of age;
  3. The person receiving the shipment must present identification for themselves, which must also match the name on the credit card used to make the initial purchase."
I ordered mine from them two days ago, no problems. I'll see about having to sign when it get's here tomorrow.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Sweet-Vapes has the starter kit for $14.95 and the coils for $4.95, both seem to be in stock. Don't know about shipping by themselves, had other stuff in the order.
    What kind of age verification @ checkout? How long ago did you order please?

halfempty

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2014
    Miami, FL
    What kind of age verification @ checkout? How long ago did you order please?
    It was less than a week ago, and not sure what they are using but it was seamless. No additional hoops to jump through, but I have purchased from them several times before. Not sure if being an established customer makes a difference.

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Sweet-Vapes has the starter kit for $14.95 and the coils for $4.95, both seem to be in stock. Don't know about shipping by themselves, had other stuff in the order.
    Thanks for the info. Shipping for 1 to 4 packs of coils was $3 to Florida, when I changed it to 5 packs it went up to $5.90 shipping. So I could get 4 packs (20 coils) at a cost of $1.14 per coil, which is not bad depending on how long they last. Bookmarked for future reference. :)

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida

oplholik

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 22, 2011
    I got my iCare, and fired it up. Love the size and weight, but not enough flavor, and th for me. I think part of the problem is you don't get a full draw on it. It sounds like it starts firing maybe 1-1/2 seconds after you start pulling on it. So for me it get's a meh rating. It'll go in the emergency drawer, and this will end my experimenting with these mods.

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    I got my iCare, and fired it up. Love the size and weight, but not enough flavor, and th for me. I think part of the problem is you don't get a full draw on it. It sounds like it starts firing maybe 1-1/2 seconds after you start pulling on it. So for me it get's a meh rating. It'll go in the emergency drawer, and this will end my experimenting with these mods.
    It could be defective? When I got 2 My's pod mods, the first one I tried did not fire 2 seconds on a MTL draw, was disappointed, so tried the second and it worked fine. Contacted them with a video of one working and one not, and they sent me another one that also worked fine. Just saying, contact the suppler and question it not working. There have been lots of videos of them working fine, and it sounds like yours is not. JMHO

oplholik

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 22, 2011
    It could be defective? When I got 2 My's pod mods, the first one I tried did not fire 2 seconds on a MTL draw, was disappointed, so tried the second and it worked fine. Contacted them with a video of one working and one not, and they sent me another one that also worked fine. Just saying, contact the suppler and question it not working. There have been lots of videos of them working fine, and it sounds like yours is not. JMHO

I'll give it a try. Thanks.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes

You sound very disappointed. Sorry it turned out that way. For me, it took awhile to practice on it until I got the hit I like.

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 29, 2011
    Rhode Island
    So I've fallen into a pattern with this device.
    I've got one of the mini's loaded with high nic and at the ready as a cigarette substitute. One of the 650's in rotation with my other gear.
    Anyone else finding a long term usage place in their vaping rotations for these devices?

jhhollier

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 3, 2014
    So I've fallen into a pattern with this device.
    I've got one of the mini's loaded with high nic and at the ready as a cigarette substitute. One of the 650's in rotation with my other gear.
    Anyone else finding a long term usage place in their vaping rotations for these devices?
    Still waiting on my iCare (it's sitting at the local Post Office right now, though!) but I have a stealth and standard Cync and they definitely have a solid place in my rotation. I was only bringing those to work with me (until I ran out of pods but I placed a big order last night so that will be solved soon enough) and I also found myself using them at home quite a bit instead of one of my other mods. There's just something so satisfying about the vape from them. Simple and effective. I really think I would've saved a lot of money and time had devices like the iCare and Cync been around when I first started vaping.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread