All Things about the Eleaf iCare & iCare Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
Ok, having a problem with the Solo. Seems like it is flooding all the time. juice in the mouth, and popping and crackling. I'm using a 50/50 mix. Not sure what to try, maybe a thicker juice?
This is why I have been hesitant to buy the solo and just sits in my ft cart. That coil design is just like the Cubis. It is closed off on the bottom which allows a pool of fluid to form down there.
Possible solution (things I did to make the cubis stop spitting at me for a while): hold upside down and vigorously shake to get that liquid out. It would help to put something absorbent down the stem to catch that fluid like some rolled up tp or qtip or pipe cleaner. You could also take off the coil and shake out the liquid.

Last edited:

mj79

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
mn
Ok, so making another order this week and looking at the I care mini w the PCC..

This might sound a little counter productive but....

I just want a nice mtl vape when I'm out and about, whether it be a quick stealth vape, or something I can throw in the bike bag ...

I mountain bike quite a bit, and the biggest trouble I have is stopping for smoke breaks, lol.. sounds bad, sounds pointless, but after a long one way ride, I just need something for that nic craving. Something about either boredom, or excitement, makes me want to smoke, yea I know. I'm weird.

Obviously carrying smokes is the easiest thing to do, and I can't throw any big mods in the bag (small saddle bag underneath seat ) for fear of leaking/breaking. So this looked like a good potential option as the trails are definitely not smooth.

I was thinking something where the tank was sealed and protected like a Tesla , or Tesla mini, but have a feeling it would leak or worse. So I see this tiny lil thing and was just curious how they hold up... I'll skim through the thread but it has grown quite a bit since I've seen it last.

Reactions: Burnie

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Ok, so making another order this week and looking at the I care mini w the PCC..

I just want a nice mtl vape when I'm out and about, whether it be a quick stealth vape, or something I can throw in the bike bag ...

I mountain bike quite a bit, and the biggest trouble I have is stopping for smoke breaks, lol.. sounds bad, sounds pointless, but after a long one way ride, I just need something for that nic craving. Something about either boredom, or excitement, makes me want to smoke, yea I know. I'm weird.

Obviously carrying smokes is the easiest thing to do, and I can't throw any big mods in the bag (small saddle bag underneath seat ) for fear of leaking/breaking. So this looked like a good potential option as the trails are definitely not smooth.

I was thinking something where the tank was sealed and protected like a Tesla , or Tesla mini, but have a feeling it would leak or worse. So I see this tiny lil thing and was just curious how they hold up... I'll skim through the thread but it has grown quite a bit since I've seen it last.
I have the solo for taking abuse, so far so good, and cheap as chips so grab a few and give it a shot.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
This is why I have been hesitant to buy the solo and just sits in my ft cart. That coil design is just like the Cubis. It is closed off on the bottom which allows a pool of fluid to form down there.
Possible solution (things I did to make the cubis stop spitting at me for a while)

The Solo apparently uses the same coils as the Cubis (and eGo AIO)...

The spit-back and flooding are due to the "dripping ejuice on the coils to prime" instructions that come with them...

Spinfuel discovered a better way to prime the Cubis/AIO coils:

Although the Manual suggests dripping a few drop of e-liquid into the coil head, while avoiding the center hole in the coil head, we suggest NOT doing that. Just fill the tank, leave the coil head dry, and do the following:

1. Take 3 or 4 strong pulls on the drip tip to bring ejuice into the coil head
  2. Blow through the drip tip 3 or 4 times to force out any excess ejuice.
  3. Let sit 10 minutes, minimum.
  4. Vape slowly, at less wattage, until you know if the coil head will begin to gurgle or spit.
  5. Once you’re confident, proceed to find your sweet spot in wattage or temperature, and vape normally.
Cubis Pro Atomizer Review | Spinfuel VAPE

I can't throw any big mods in the bag (small saddle bag underneath seat ) for fear of leaking/breaking.
I was thinking something where the tank was sealed and protected

Have you considered trying an eGo AIO?

QUITE small and lightweight...less than $20...anti-leaking 2ml tank...1500mAh...AFC...tank LED...

Joyetech eGo AIO Kit (D16 D19 D22)

stillalive

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
USA
I'm liking my Solo now that the coil has apparently broken in, haven't had any flooding, or juice in the mouth for several days now.
This is good to know. I've been super frustrated with the flooding and popping issue. Maybe it will get better in a few days...

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
The Solo apparently uses the same coils as the Cubis (and eGo AIO)...

The spit-back and flooding are due to the "dripping ejuice on the coils to prime" instructions that come with them...

Spinfuel discovered a better way to prime the Cubis/AIO coils:

Although the Manual suggests dripping a few drop of e-liquid into the coil head, while avoiding the center hole in the coil head, we suggest NOT doing that. Just fill the tank, leave the coil head dry, and do the following:

1. Take 3 or 4 strong pulls on the drip tip to bring ejuice into the coil head
  2. Blow through the drip tip 3 or 4 times to force out any excess ejuice.
  3. Let sit 10 minutes, minimum.
  4. Vape slowly, at less wattage, until you know if the coil head will begin to gurgle or spit.
  5. Once you’re confident, proceed to find your sweet spot in wattage or temperature, and vape normally.
Cubis Pro Atomizer Review | Spinfuel VAPE

Have you considered trying an eGo AIO?

QUITE small and lightweight...less than $20...anti-leaking 2ml tank...1500mAh...AFC...tank LED...

Joyetech eGo AIO Kit (D16 D19 D22)

I would say maybe, at best, 30% of the spit-back and flooding issues are due to the "dripping ejuice on the coils to prime" instructions that come with them...

That doesn't explain why the coil would be working well all day and then spit in the morning after 10 hours of rest or why it would start spitting after a liquid refill.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I've had some juice flood out of coil and end up in the mouth piece. I simply dab it off with a kleenex.

I mistreat this device so it doesn't bother me that it has minor issues. I bought it to be a cheap beater and didn't expect perfection. Not that I would complain if it didn't do this LOL. It is pretty rare so not a deal breaker for me and my purposes with this cheap lil device.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016

If it's not gonna be your main device for the day and just be a back up or a device you use for an afternoon, I would save the money and get the org.(larger) Icare. You won't need the charger. Yes, I have mods waiting for me at home so not worried, but I have never ran out of battery life. In my case it can get through a work day, or any afternoon.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
I would say maybe, at best, 30% of the spit-back and flooding issues are due to the "dripping ejuice on the coils to prime" instructions that come with them...

That doesn't explain why the coil would be working well all day and then spit in the morning after 10 hours of rest or why it would start spitting after a liquid refill.
I have 2 icares. One seems to be the early model that does not have the white fill line. The one "with the white fill line" works a lot better. Not sure if they changed anything else. That's all I have to judge by.

Anyone rebuild the coil different than 1.1 ohms like the org? Think it is a 15w. Not sure if it will change (mech rules)??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread