Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Apsire breeze > icare
I recently got my iCare 2 and was thinking I might open the package today.
(I probably won't but you never know)

But that Aspire Breeze looks pretty nice.
About the same size too.

That might be next on my list if the iCare 2 doesn't cut the mustard.

Reactions: gnees

halfempty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
Miami, FL
But that Aspire Breeze looks pretty nice.
About the same size too.
Just played around with the Breeze at a B&M the other day, not sure I like it. The bottom is rounded, so it doesn't stand up on its own. The charge port is on the bottom also, so the Breeze would have to spend its life lying down. Not a problem for most people, but it would bug me.

Reactions: DC2

Liazard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2016
I've had two iCare2's for less than a month and have had the following problems with both of them:
  • Leaking. Bottom of mouthpiece and bottom of tank constantly wet with liquid.
  • Device itself leaks from the bottom.
  • Caps/mouthpieces don't snap in firmly so they fall off in your pocket. Since that's the only thing sealing the tank, you've got an oily stain on your pants. Also means you're going to lose mouthpieces but replacements aren't available.
  • The leaking appears to be the source of various problems with the device's electronics and charging.
  • Ultimately both devices got steadily worse, and now won't charge and have stopped working completely. That's within a month of starting to use them.
  • Very unreliable. Before they quit, charging and vapor production was dicey at best. Often randomly refused to work, then would come back.
  • They look great but the build quality (especially the fit of components like the cap) is very low. Hence the leaking.
  • Design is badly flawed. It's basically two plastic corks on the bottom of the mouthpiece keeping liquid in the tank. While at first it seems nice not having to unscrew something to do a refill, the fit and attachment of the cap is poor so it doesn't seal the tank completely or even fit on the device tightly.
  • Compared to the original iCare (looks similar but with no button and the mouthpiece slightly offset) iCare2 is really a joke. I've had original iCares last over a year before the battery stops charging. I was expecting better from eLeaf based on my prior experience with iCare.
  • The company I bought them from was great about replacement, but to satisfy eLeaf they had to ask for box serial #'s (don't throw the box out!), photos, and finally a video of the devices not working.
  • Tank doesn't last me even a day.

Last edited:
Reactions: DC2

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I bought an iCare2 and once I saw the design I didn't even bother to fill it.
I just put it on the shelf.

If anyone has had any success with this thing, please let us know.
I might become motivated to give it a try.

But it seems there is no way in the world that this thing will not leak.
Assuming you can even put it together right.

Harryinny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
Syracuse NY
I just got the icare (the original short stocky one about 350mah) and was wondering, i took it out of the box and was charging it. It lights up red and after 10 minutes max, the light was out, no lights on, green or red. How long do they usually take to charge? I would also like to know if the light is suppose to stay red the whole time charging and then green comes on when it is done or what? Right now it is plugged into my computer with no light at all showing.

Any help appreciated, i hope to check out the icare 2, but am broke now lol. Moved into a new house and money is going to be imaginary for the next couple of months lol.

After rteading the two replies above me, the icare 2 is out of the question. The original one like i have are like $10 at the place i ordered it from. If this one works(last one would fire on its own so had it replaced with this one i am writing about). So nope to the icare 2.

Last edited:

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I just got the icare (the original short stocky one about 350mah) and was wondering, i took it out of the box and was charging it. It lights up red and after 10 minutes max, the light was out, no lights on, green or red. How long do they usually take to charge? I would also like to know if the light is suppose to stay red the whole time charging and then green comes on when it is done or what? Right now it is plugged into my computer with no light at all showing.

Any help appreciated, i hope to check out the icare 2, but am broke now lol. Moved into a new house and money is going to be imaginary for the next couple of months lol.

After rteading the two replies above me, the icare 2 is out of the question. The original one like i have are like $10 at the place i ordered it from. If this one works(last one would fire on its own so had it replaced with this one i am writing about). So nope to the icare 2.
My wife uses these and she says that the light goes out when fully charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread