allergic to vapor allergic to vapor

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by dherrington, May 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. dherrington

dherrington Senior Member ECF Veteran

Have any of you run across anyone who is allergic to your vapor? Just curious.

2. dherrington

Not sure how the header got duplicated. Sorry about that. Sometimes tablets can be a pain. Lol

3. llamainmypocket

llamainmypocket Senior Member ECF Veteran

I've heard of people who claim they are allergic. Is that the same thing?

4. dherrington

Yeah. I have been griping about it all week. I might as well stop. A guy at work claims the vapor is making his skin break out from 40 feet away. Does he not shower either because he is allergic to water vapor. No wait. Based on the look of him I think I already know the answer to that one. Lol There. Last time I will ..... about this particular subject.

5. nahoku

nahoku Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

When I started vaping I had all kinds of allergy symptoms... runny nose, excessive mucous, phlegm, my ears plugged up something fierce! Now it seems to all have subsided. I'm not sure exactly what was going on, but it's ok now.

6. dherrington

With all those symptoms why would you keep doing it? Just curious.

7. Caridwen

Caridwen ECF Moderator Senior Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
  8. Caridwen

Supporting member
    There's nothing in vaping that wasn't in cigarettes except flavorings. Well, aside from all of the chemicals in cigarettes.

9. Caridwen

Supporting member
    I think it's their addiction talking to them. Pleeeasse don't quit me!

10. gthompson

gthompson Free at last Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Anything is possible, but it's pretty unlikely.

11. mare ze dotes

mare ze dotes Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I am allergic to many perfumes. I have found that I am allergic to some of the flavours. I break out in hives. Around my neck and all up and down my arms. That is true. I went to flavor less real fast. DIY like. That was a good thing. It got me off the real cigarettes.

I am doing just the tinyests bit of flavours. I am not an itching big bundel of .... whatever. I guess it is a bit of test and go. I do like my watermelon.

12. Whosback

Whosback Super Member ECF Veteran

You kidding man you're vapor is effecting me way over here. No but seriously that is a bit odd but not impossible.

13. EddardinWinter

EddardinWinter Pride Male Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Just hearing a thing like that makes me doubly glad to have a private office. The ability to vape and have private conferences with our new associate...

New Associate.jpg

So she can take proper notes! Jeez...what were you guys thinking? Get your minds out of the gutter! I am just her mentor, nothing more.

14. gthompson

gthompson Free at last Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    There's a big difference between you vaping something and being allergic to it and you standing 40 feet away from someone else vaping something and being allergic to it. :)

15. SteamDaddy

SteamDaddy Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

it seems i'm allergic to PG, but that only affects my breathing if i inhale it directly. not from 40 ft away.
    more likely someone near them has changed perfume or cologne. Hi Karate !!!

16. Kayte

Kayte Accessories Supplier ECF Veteran

I wonder if he has the same allergic reaction when someone pulls a cake out of the oven. Same difference really -- flavoring, PG. Seems to me that everything in e-liquid except the nicotine is also in a cake mix.

17. Argusi

Argusi Full Member Verified Member

I know a few people that are allergic to PG. One has been doing ecigs for years. 2 guys get headaches and one gets an upset stomach. They smoke VG all day long with no issues.

EDIT: Of course, I have never heard of anyone having a reaction from 2nd hand vapor...

18. Myrany

Myrany Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I imagine someone with a strong allergy to something in the flavor like cinnamon might have a reaction. I am just not sure it would happen at 40 ft. :p

19. sachavaca

sachavaca Super Member ECF Veteran

I have a freind that says my vg juice makes his lips dry but not at 40 feet

20. Altaire Versailles

Altaire Versailles Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm allergic to pg. and I'm not really that sensitive to things unless they're on me for a long time and have strong chemicals in them like certain lotions or metals or what have you...but pg and maybe some of these weird compounds they're putting in to flavor and scent the juice swells up the roof of my mouth, especially if some juice gets on my lips or tongue my skin swells and feels raw. I say maybe it has to do with what they're putting in it because it happens to a greater or lesser degree depending on who the juice is from and what kind it is. Vapor bomb juice doesn't do anything, but same mix from mbv and i have a reaction, hhv too.

I've totally heard of that though, if even the smallest amounts of something touches sometimes skin via air they react. A girl at my job couldn't breathe when someone in the office next to her opened a burger with a lot of raw onions on it, which she was allergic to...it happens

: halo
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.