Allow me to intoduce myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drunken Moose

Sep 6, 2015
I'm not big on posting in forums, with the exception of a distilling forum I'm part of. That said, I'm a hobby stiller of quality spirits, mainly whiskey and rum.

42 years old, smoked since I was 14, and a pack a day for over 20 years. Picked up an evic VT with ego one mega 2 months ago, and now down to a couple smokes a day, working on dropping those. Soon found myself buying the Zephyrus and love it. Also bought a sigelei 75w TC for lighter pockets, but still like the battery life of my evic vt. Got my first RBA today, petri by dot mod. Built a 6 wrap coil with 26 gauge kanthal on 2mm bit, worked out to 0.48 ohm. Only second coil I've built and keeping simple while I learn. The flavor from a dripper I amazing! Thinking of learning a bit more on coil building and batteries before going to a mech mod, but for now I'm happy with my current boxes and less smoking analogs (btw, started with 18mg now down to 6mg and sometimes a 3mg) .

Favorite juice is "Instant Karma" by Talion, and a key lime pie I just got. The occasional mint or berry is nice. Nothing too sweet though.

Happy to meet you all!

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
Hey welcome! Mech mods aren't really a step up so i wouldn't rush into it. You can fine tune voltage and temp with a regulated mod. It's good to have for a backup it you only have one regulated mod, but I think you're OK lol.. I jumped right into rebuilding and never looked back. It's saved me quite a few bucks on coils, and I can build to my preference. So yeah anyways, hi!

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hello @Drunken Moose and welcome to the forum. We have a large DIY juice forum you might take interest in.

As a new member you need to get 5 posts/replies in to get full member status and be able to access other areas of the forum. AFTER you get the 5 posts/replies then you have to wait till half past the hour for the forum to update/reset and then you are good to go.

Enjoy the journey.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
As a new member you need to get 5 posts/replies in to get full member status and be able to access other areas of the forum. AFTER you get the 5 posts/replies then you have to wait till half past the hour for the forum to update/reset and then you are good to go.

No longer the case. 5 post requirement was removed 2 days ago.

Dextrose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Welcome @Drunken Moose to ECF :) sounds like your set up quite well to start, if you like to tinker you will like building coils, its one of my fav parts, seeing what kind of crazy coil can fit in what RDA and so on lol, and they arent realy that hard to do once you get into it, as for mechs i do suggest doing your home work befor taking that route, mechs are nice they are prety much all i use aside from my sig 150, and you dont allways have to go super sub ohm, prety much any high wattage regulated mod will do anything you need it to, even on a 1 ohm coil. Happy Vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread