Almost passed out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonbogg

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Whittier, CA, USA
I just want opinions here please since I am still new to vaping. My body is used to high levels of nic. I was a heavy dip user for 4 years. Just thought id throw that in there.
Been vaping a few weeks and have felt symptoms of too much nic before. It happened with the kayfun and a 12mg juice. I chain vaped it and felt shaky, fast heart beat etc. All of this was a normal over nic experience and I was not scared. I noticed the symptoms, recognized them for what they were, and slowed down on the chain vaping and I was fine.
Today something else happened, and this was new. I loaded my Kayfun with Cellucotton from Sally's (Rayon) last night. I vaped it last night for a while with no issues, using the Rayon. Today I was up for a while and got tired late morning, so I took a nap for a few hours. I woke up, sat at my PC and took several good hits from the kayfun. About 1 minute later I thought I was going down. I almost passed out. I was light headed and started to feel myself go. No other over nic symptoms were present that I could notice.
This scared the hell out of me and I haven't touched the Kayfun since and I think i'll go back to cotton until I hear other people's input at least.
Maybe its the Rayon, maybe not. Perhaps I had low nic levels after sleeping and hit the Kayfun too hard too fast. Maybe its an unknown health issue that was irritated from the nicotine. But for now, I am fearful of Rayon since that's the only thing that has changed before this happened.
Thoughts please. Anyone else almost black out after waking up and chain vaping?

Moonbogg

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Whittier, CA, USA
Juice from a popular, well used vendor. I won't name them to protect them from people getting the wrong idea. Its not the juice. Also, I tried to replicate it just now by waking up this morning and chain vaping. Nothing happened.
Thought I should mention, I am in good shape and wasn't a smoker before I started vaping. I used dip. I run 3 to 4 days per week, 3-5 miles. My heart is strong and have no known health issues.
Let me say what I suspect happened. I'm betting its the Rayon. I am betting some residue from the MFG process dissolved in the juice during the wick's early use, sat there, accumulated while I took a nap and waited for me to vape it. Perhaps by now any residual toxins are boiled off. I will see a doctor just to make sure, but I can guarantee I will never use Rayon again and I feel like a bandwagon idiot for ever trying it.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I just want opinions here please since I am still new to vaping. My body is used to high levels of nic. I was a heavy dip user for 4 years. Just thought id throw that in there.
Been vaping a few weeks and have felt symptoms of too much nic before. It happened with the kayfun and a 12mg juice. I chain vaped it and felt shaky, fast heart beat etc. All of this was a normal over nic experience and I was not scared. I noticed the symptoms, recognized them for what they were, and slowed down on the chain vaping and I was fine.
Today something else happened, and this was new. I loaded my Kayfun with Cellucotton from Sally's (Rayon) last night. I vaped it last night for a while with no issues, using the Rayon. Today I was up for a while and got tired late morning, so I took a nap for a few hours. I woke up, sat at my PC and took several good hits from the kayfun. About 1 minute later I thought I was going down. I almost passed out. I was light headed and started to feel myself go. No other over nic symptoms were present that I could notice.
This scared the hell out of me and I haven't touched the Kayfun since and I think i'll go back to cotton until I hear other people's input at least.
Maybe its the Rayon, maybe not. Perhaps I had low nic levels after sleeping and hit the Kayfun too hard too fast. Maybe its an unknown health issue that was irritated from the nicotine. But for now, I am fearful of Rayon since that's the only thing that has changed before this happened.
Thoughts please. Anyone else almost black out after waking up and chain vaping?

Welcome Moo,

Please quantify " My body is used to high levels of nic. I was a heavy dip user for 4 years. "

How much juice do you use per day? What is the Ω's of the KF.

Did you eat before or after the nap? Sounds like a BP or blood sugar issue.

See your DR. for peace of mind.

Cheers
I

Moonbogg

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Whittier, CA, USA
Welcome Moo,

Please quantify " My body is used to high levels of nic. I was a heavy dip user for 4 years. "

How much juice do you use per day? What is the Ω's of the KF.

Did you eat before or after the nap? Sounds like a BP or blood sugar issue.

See your DR. for peace of mind.

Cheers
I

I went through a tin of Grizzly Wintergreen about every 1.5 to 2 days average. Often times I would only go 30 minutes or less between dips. I would chain dip often, always having one in and they were always a good sized dip, constantly releasing nic into the body non stop.
The kayfun had a 1.5ohm, 28ga kanthal coil running on a provari @ 4.3-4.5v.
After taking the few large hits, the light headed feeling came, I got scared and stopped vaping. Within about 1 minute of stopping vaping, the symptom went away and did not return. If it was a blood sugar issue, I would suspect that symptoms may have lasted longer or got worse until corrected by eating or taking meds (I take no meds of any kind, also don't drink). I don't discount a health issue because anything is possible, but I admit to being scared of the Rayon and will let others continue to be the guinea pig on this one. And yes I will see a doctor because i'd be an even bigger idiot to blame the Rayon and ignore the huge tumor in my brain that may be growing (probly not a tumor, but you get my drift).
I'd be embarrassed to mention the Rayon to the doctor. It just sounds so irresponsible. I vaped to stop using dirty tobacco, so I start vaping with Rayon of all things? Brilliant. But I will have to tell them.

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Okay, good goin' Moonbogg. You seem like the type of person who is in charge of their health and gets regular medical care, etc.

I don't use rayon, gotta admit when I first saw that word mentioned in some other topics, it kinda gave me the heebie jeebies, cotton balls, gauze pad material, etc. just seemed like a better choice. I guess I am not the kind of person who would "chase the vape" to the point of experimenting with stuff like rayon.

Being a gal, I do know that I don't buy clothing made of rayon, it breaks down very badly in the clothes dryer. I always hung mine out to dry, then it would need to be ironed on low heat. Just doesn't seem like the right material to vape with , but I'm not a chemist.

Glad to hear you have it under control. Just want ya to be safe. :)

dragonpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Have you ever had blood pressure issues? Have you ever felt really lightheaded when standing after laying down? That's what this sounds like to me. Did you wake up from your nap and go immediately to your computer and take all those puffs? You may have had low bp when you got up, and rapid puffing may have made it worse. It could be the nicotine, or it could be something similar to hyperventilation where you're puffing so much so fast that you're not getting enough oxygen.

That's my guess anyway. The only real difference with different equipment is the amount of nicotine you're inhaling per puff. Maybe this was stronger than you're used to, but you were still vaping as normal.

Moonbogg

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Whittier, CA, USA
I just did it again, and I am convinced its nothing. I just woke up late from a long sleep and took a few good drags off the Kayfun and got light headed. Its the nic hitting me after not vaping for a while. Its only happened 2 or 3 times, all after not vaping for a long time and then chaining a few big vapes. Also, this time I am using cotton as a wick, so its not the Rayon. Anyway, no biggie.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I just did it again, and I am convinced its nothing. I just woke up late from a long sleep and took a few good drags off the Kayfun and got light headed. Its the nic hitting me after not vaping for a while. Its only happened 2 or 3 times, all after not vaping for a long time and then chaining a few big vapes. Also, this time I am using cotton as a wick, so its not the Rayon. Anyway, no biggie.

I'm a little concerned that you are trying to turn vaping into a smoking experience, trying to get a cigarette buzz out of vaping in the process. There are reasons why vaping is different than smoking, and the sudden jump-start buzz you get from smoking is one of those things that you can make yourself sick over trying to get out of a vaping experience. You may need to realign your expectations.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I went through a tin of Grizzly Wintergreen about every 1.5 to 2 days average. Often times I would only go 30 minutes or less between dips. I would chain dip often, always having one in and they were always a good sized dip, constantly releasing nic into the body non stop.
The kayfun had a 1.5ohm, 28ga kanthal coil running on a provari @ 4.3-4.5v.
After taking the few large hits, the light headed feeling came, I got scared and stopped vaping. Within about 1 minute of stopping vaping, the symptom went away and did not return. If it was a blood sugar issue, I would suspect that symptoms may have lasted longer or got worse until corrected by eating or taking meds (I take no meds of any kind, also don't drink). I don't discount a health issue because anything is possible, but I admit to being scared of the Rayon and will let others continue to be the guinea pig on this one. And yes I will see a doctor because i'd be an even bigger idiot to blame the Rayon and ignore the huge tumor in my brain that may be growing (probly not a tumor, but you get my drift).
I'd be embarrassed to mention the Rayon to the doctor. It just sounds so irresponsible. I vaped to stop using dirty tobacco, so I start vaping with Rayon of all things? Brilliant. But I will have to tell them.

I've been quite prone to fainting my whole life, due to low blood pressure, so it's happened to me too many times to count. Couple of points to throw out -- sometimes it is merely an over-excited vagus nerve; mine is very prone to that, one doctor called it hypersensitive vagus nerve -- it's a cranial nerve that runs down into the thorax and abdomen, a big major nerve. Just after waking is a time I've always been very prone to sudden faints. Sometimes a really bad pain can bring it on, even when the pain is very fleeting. Chain-vaping right after waking, with a superior device, coil, and power supply, seems like a superb way to bring on that type of sudden 'syncope' -- the medical term for fainting. Dehydration can also be a factor in this kind of problem, and vaping of course does cause severe dehydration. After sleeping, the body desperately needs hydration, so vaping in that state -- excellent way to bring it on.

I agree that if this is a whole new thing for you, then you should see a doctor, because it's impossible for lay people to really know for sure, but don't panic about it; it may be just your body's way of telling you to hydrate. I don't think the rayon is really a factor; I'm prone to fainting, but I've been using rayon since sometime in June, and I haven't fainted once. :D

Andria

Moonbogg

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Whittier, CA, USA
I'm a little concerned that you are trying to turn vaping into a smoking experience, trying to get a cigarette buzz out of vaping in the process. There are reasons why vaping is different than smoking, and the sudden jump-start buzz you get from smoking is one of those things that you can make yourself sick over trying to get out of a vaping experience. You may need to realign your expectations.

I'm not trying to do anything. I woke up and vaped. After the first few drags, the dizziness is gone and doesn't return, no matter how hard I vape. Its the sudden nic hit after waking up, that sometimes makes me a little dizzy. Can't imagine how you managed to turn that into an accusation. Also, I wasn't a smoker so I am not trying to mimic the effect of a smokers buzz or whatever you accused me of trying to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread