Already broke my Smok Alien 220W ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebru

Apr 22, 2017
Hello,

im new and already have a question.
I literally started vaping 2 days ago...
So yesterday i gave my vape to my friend to "hold it"
But as you know friends dont always listen to you, so he started vaping without my permission.
Which would be alright in normal cases. But i transport my Smok Alien 220W TC with the Baby Beast on with completely closed airflow. So he was vaping with closed airflow and i didnt know. I thought he just didnt vape right and told him to inhale stronger.

He then said it tasted like "popcorn" or "new years eve", cause well it tasted burned. I also felt like seeing something red glowing up when i was trying to vape it. Im not sure about that, like i saw the coils heat up but i dont know how i'd be able to see that.
So i tried taking some hits and then he just told me "no coil".

Well, i had the Q2 coils in and exchanged them to the T8. I cleaned the glass as well and it still smells burned a little and tastes burned when i do primer puff.
It still tells me it has no coil in..

I tried google and someone said the goldpin thingy (dont know what its called) on the bottom where it touches the mod could be cricked ? i cant quite tell

Really dont know what to do i had it for 2 days and could only vape 1 !

I'd really appreciate some advise, thank you!

eLicky

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2016
Sydney - Australia
I don't feel at this stage the mod is toast but depending how hot the tank became it may be shorting out somewhere inside (possibly from a melted seal) and the mod sees it as a short circuit. I would strip the tank down entirely and check it over with some utube videos, see if you can find anything wrong with it. Check the 510 pin on the mod, see if it looks melted, also the 510 pin and connection on the tank, see if there's any issues you can find.

Reactions: Ebru

Ebru

Apr 22, 2017
Here are some pictures, i feel like it looks fine ?

18110525_1478589175545605_642193130_n.jpg

18073304_1478588988878957_1921570043_n.jpg

JoeMischief

Apr 21, 2017
Southsea
Sorry this is very disjointed from me. I wish I just had it in front of me so I could sort it for you... It might be worth giving the whole tank a massive clean. With vaping it's well worth having spare coils and tanks so whilst you're learning and making mistakes (we all do) you can just jump to your spare kit. Also when changing liquids and/or cleaning tanks/coils you have spares. You'll get great advice here and there are fantastic YouTube tutorials on cleaning and maintaining mods and tanks if that helps. Don't give up though it is well worth persevering through the learning curve... You can always message me if you want more help and I'll always try my best!

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello,
im new and already have a question.
I literally started vaping 2 days ago...
Really dont know what to do i had it for 2 days and could only vape 1 !
I'd really appreciate some advise, thank you!
Welcome and glad you joined. You may have purchased an advanced starter kit. A starter kit does not necessarily equal a beginners kit. There are so many factors that can cause trouble, you really need some hands on advice.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I'd take some fine sandpaper or a file to remove the pits and reshine the pin. The connection in th emod also if you have fine sandpaper cut little squares enough to fit inside the 510 connection, trim a pencil eraser to fit inside also then spin the eraser to remove the pits from that connection also. He may have cooked the atty so you might have to watch some videos to see how to take it apart and see if its been damaged.
I guess a lesson learnt in letting your hitter go out of your sight. I've let people I know who smoke to try to vape my hitter, even with a brief tutorial on how to vape they still can cook my coil very easily...its happened so now I carry a second higher ohm hitter with me to social functions so my main hitter doesn't get cooked.

Oomee

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
UK
Pictures are gone so can't respond to those!
I would be paying very close attention to the insulation between centre pin of 510 and body, all the way through to connection in the heads.

The odds are that they have either melted and or decomposed.
This won't be good for them electrically and for whatever chemical reaction they may have gone through.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Hi Ebru
What most likely happened to the first coil was that its coil wire got hot enough to melt and that was the end of it. The second coil you installed is likely not connecting through its center pin to the base's pin, and/or that pin is not connecting to the center pin in the mod. Check to make sure the coil is screwed in properly. Try a third and fourth coil, you don't have to juice them up, just touch the fire button for a moment to turn the mod on and see if the message changes.

manny123maggie

Unresolved Status
Jun 2, 2017
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Hi Manny
No experience with the 50w kit as the wattage is a bit low for my likes. I usually vape from 30 to 60 watts. Smok seems OK, I have a couple of their Alien mods, but I've got a growing concern with the quality of their units. A G320 I purchased only lasted 20 hours to a blank screen and I've been reading a few others with the same types of problems. None of my Evic minis have given any problems in over the last two years so I'm a bit partial to them.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't know how mechanically minded you are-- sounds like a lot of folks willing to help out/give suggestions.

Here's the thing, though, I'd probably take it/send it back to where I purchased it, if it's under warranty, and get it replaced or repared, professionally, unless you're a mechanical engineer. I know it sounds like a PITA, but it sounds like your rig got seriously stressed, and if it's only been one day, I wouldn't want to have to deal with a set up that (mostly) works for 3 mo, then dies? It's disappointing, but you're new to this, so if you have to wait a day or two to try again, so you do. At least that way, you'll know for sure that your equipment's going to work.... You could even buy a cheap, different type of tank, etc., in the meantime, to tide you over and for a spare set of vape equipment, if you can afford it.

IDK about this whole "gave to a friend to hold it?" I don't hand my e-cig stuff around or even let people try it (unless I have etoh wipes to hand) because honestly, that's for my safety and yours. I JUST got over pneumonia, I don't want to infect someone by handing them my tank, nor do I want someone destroying my stuff (your "friend" should pay for any repairs IMO since he said he wouldn't vape on it), and I don't want you infecting my stuff, either.

That said, I was funky that way with cigarettes, too. I was never a "here, puff on this for two puffs" or "here, finish my cigarette" kinda person, if a homeless person wants nicotine I'm going to give them a whole cigarette NO regrets, and if they want a lighter, depending on what they look like, I'm going to freaking GIVE them my lighter, or light it for them. That said, where I live it's Hep (not just C, all types) City.

Vaping Hygiene for the Win!

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread