Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentastic

Not Batman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Central Californication
For me it's the amount of vapor and I've gotten used to lung hits. I don't know when I switched over from sucking vapor into my mouth and then inhaling to wanting to inhale and have the vapor come straight in, but once I realized that's what I like, there is absolutely no way to stay at the stock air hole(s). I still have one atty with a stock hole and I do admit it has some great taste, but I end up getting a headache after vaping on it for very long. Probably because I end up eventually trying to suck more air through it so It's kind of a strain.

There is also something very satisfying about sucking in a whole bunch of dense vapor that limited airflow just doesn't allow.

Everyone vapes different which is why it's irritating to me when people say "this is the RIGHT way to do it". Same with juice. Basically people have different tastes and while it's good to see what others are doing so you can try different things, saying there is a right way and a wrong way to vape is ridiculous. It's like saying Chocolate cake is awesome and if you don't like it then you are tasting it wrong.

Just my opinion of course,

Ken

That said... Chocolate cake is awesome...

Hey Six I am glad your finally jumping in . The biggest difference is a standard atomizer has no air flow on a rebuildable you have allot of air flow so yes you do have to go lower to get the same results . The larger amount of air flow cools the vapor . I run a 1 ohm coil on my atomizers with the stock 3/64 hole If I used a 1/16 hole I would have to drop my ohms even lower . What is really odd to me is why guys put massive holes in there atomizer and have to vape super low ohm coils . To me it seems like such a waste of battery power and juice

RattlerX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
West Texas
Mouth to lung for me and the stock air hole and 1.1 ohm coil has been my ride since getting a REO. Incredible flavor and decent lung hit.

I tried a lower ohm coil and direct lung hits but I get no flavor at all. I am sure that the flavor could be improved if I fiddled with it a bit more but I just can not get used to it. I like the Cyclone AFC but I still only use a single 1 ohm coil and the small air hole.

Kentastic

Not Batman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Central Californication
Yeah if I could go back to just doing mouth to lung hits it would save on juice and battery life, but it's like once you go lung hits, you can't go back. It's just not as satisfying, and once you are lung hitting you then have to go sub ohm to GET that same flavor, but the good thing is you get a lot more vapor. Or at least good in my opinion. LOL

Mouth to lung for me and the stock air hole and 1.1 ohm coil has been my ride since getting a REO. Incredible flavor and decent lung hit.

I tried a lower ohm coil and direct lung hits but I get no flavor at all. I am sure that the flavor could be improved if I fiddled with it a bit more but I just can not get used to it. I like the Cyclone AFC but I still only use a single 1 ohm coil and the small air hole.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
For me it's the amount of vapor and I've gotten used to lung hits. I don't know when I switched over from sucking vapor into my mouth and then inhaling to wanting to inhale and have the vapor come straight in, but once I realized that's what I like, there is absolutely no way to stay at the stock air hole(s). I still have one atty with a stock hole and I do admit it has some great taste, but I end up getting a headache after vaping on it for very long. Probably because I end up eventually trying to suck more air through it so It's kind of a strain.

There is also something very satisfying about sucking in a whole bunch of dense vapor that limited airflow just doesn't allow.

Everyone vapes different which is why it's irritating to me when people say "this is the RIGHT way to do it". Same with juice. Basically people have different tastes and while it's good to see what others are doing so you can try different things, saying there is a right way and a wrong way to vape is ridiculous. It's like saying Chocolate cake is awesome and if you don't like it then you are tasting it wrong.

Just my opinion of course,

Ken

That said... Chocolate cake is awesome...
Your are certainly welcome to your opinion you heard mine fair is fair . I agree there is no right or wrong way . As long as it keeps you away from smoking that is all that matters . I vape the way I smoked so for me to direct lung inhale would be really odd almost like smoking the magic green . You have to admit its a slippery slope once you open the air flow you got no choice you have to drop your ohms to get the same satisfaction

Last edited:

Peevish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2010
York, PA
I'm fast enjoying a 2 prong attack - Reo 1: RM2 Stock airhole, mouth to lung hit with 1.4ohm 28gauge coil, Reo 2: RM2 5/64ths airhole and a second 1/16th airhole next to it, twisted 28gauge coil (sub 1ohm), lung hit.

I am loving vaping between these two, they give very different vape experience but I am loving switching between the two almost every hit.

Third Reo on the way, still haven't decided how to set her up. For me its becoming part of the fun - like having different devices, but knowing they all have that sweet sweet Reo style!

el_lou

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Miami, FL, USA
I'm fast enjoying a 2 prong attack - Reo 1: RM2 Stock airhole, mouth to lung hit with 1.4ohm 28gauge coil, Reo 2: RM2 5/64ths airhole and a second 1/16th airhole next to it, twisted 28gauge coil (sub 1ohm), lung hit.

I am loving vaping between these two, they give very different vape experience but I am loving switching between the two almost every hit.

Third Reo on the way, still haven't decided how to set her up. For me its becoming part of the fun - like having different devices, but knowing they all have that sweet sweet Reo style!

Options.. That's the name of the game. I don't smoke cigarettes anymore, so I win, regardless. I don't have a preference, although I will tell you that if I'm building a coil, I'm doing it so that I can have the "best" experience with that coil.

The "best" in my case is a dense vapor and a lot of flavor. That's a low ohm and a nice big air hole.

At nights I put all my batteries to sleep, my Reos on the nightstand and I lay in bed to watch Boardwalk Empire (currently. For the third time) and I grab an Evod kit. That means I mouth to lung.

Options. Whatever I feel comfortable with at the moment.

Kentastic

Not Batman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Central Californication
Totally agree, and yes it is a slippery slope. (I didn't mean posts like yours irritate me, I just meant in general) Like I said to RattlerX if I could go back to enjoying just mouth hits like smoking a cig then I would. It would make things much easier and I wouldn't have to carry juice and batteries around. I've tried going back and the problem is that I end up with a headache trying to suck too hard through little tiny holes, but that is just trying for like an afternoon. Maybe if I could force myself to only do mouth to lung hits for a week and I'd start getting used to it again, but right now it's totally not enjoyable to me.

On a side note, I even write in Cali-speak. Fur sure dude. It's like totally a bummer when I can't get vape on the way I hella like it. :p

and like el_lou and you posted, whatever works to keep you off cigs. I'm pretty sure Vaping has saved my life. I seriously was heading down-hill health wise and trying to cut down my 2 pack a day habit was really not working. Nevermind quitting cold turkey, but after getting my first pro tank and wearing out 2 ego batteries in two weeks vaping 24mg nic juice, I have not had a single cigarette for 7 months and am down to 6mg juice, I feel a million times better and I'm positive it's added at least a decade onto my life.

Thank you Rob for all that you do and that you for catering to people that vape completely different than you do. You've helped so many people, probably more than you'll ever know. Keep on doing what you do and you'll have a huge fan base because you make great products and give wonderful customer service. I'm sure you've heard this before but Thank you for caring and not just about making money. (though I hope you keep doing very well in that department also lol)

later,

Ken

Your are certainly welcome to your opinion you heard mine fair is fair . I agree there is no right or wrong way . As long as it keeps you away from smoking that is all that matters . I vape the way I smoked so for me to direct lung inhale would be really odd almost like smoking the magic green . You have to admit its a slippery slope once you open the air flow you got no choice you have to drop your ohms to get the same satisfaction

Last edited:

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
All I know is that it seems to work pretty good. Other than the tiny little holes my old eyes can't see, making, installing, and wicking a coil is dead simple. Vaping the way I vape, I have to draw more like I would with a cisco aero or maybe a long barrel hh357 than I would a 306 or an i06. I also know that I'm glad I bought it for the VVW because the 14500 mini would go through too many batteries in a day... and a second bottle of juice that I'd rather not carry if I don't have to.

The Japanese cotton and some 29 ga kanthal came in the mail today, so even though it was unnecessary, I decided to rebuild. It took maybe 5 minutes or so. I can quickly wrap a perfect coil on the half-smooth/half-threaded machine screw I described in an earlier post, so the wire gizmo may or may not be useful when it comes. My guess was a little off on the 29ga wrap and I ended up with a 2.0 ohm coil, but it didn't require that much of a voltage bump to get it cranking out vapor. ~4.7v seems plenty for it where I needed to go all the way to ~4.4v to get my 1.5 ohm 28ga coil producing. That's a whole watt lower... Maybe my coil placement was better the second time or maybe the cotton makes a difference (other than it does indeed seem to taste better than the silica). I don't really know. I suppose I'll figure that sort of thing out with experience.

So.. all I can really say is that this device will suit my purpose just fine. I haven't found any necessity to change any of my normal vaping behavior to get it working well. Money well spent ;) -- Thanks for another cool device, Rob. I appreciate it.

RattlerX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
West Texas
Yeah if I could go back to just doing mouth to lung hits it would save on juice and battery life, but it's like once you go lung hits, you can't go back. It's just not as satisfying, and once you are lung hitting you then have to go sub ohm to GET that same flavor, but the good thing is you get a lot more vapor. Or at least good in my opinion. LOL

Ok....So I fiddled a bit with dual coils on the IGO-W, lowered the ohms raised the coil. I found the sweet spot but holy vape it hits hard. .47ohm might be a bit more than I want except in the evenings after a long day like today. I always thought bigger air holes were way to airy like FB mentioned but with that sub-ohm build I did not feel it was too much.

I think I will stick to my single 1 ohm coils for every day flying but after the sun goes down or when the beer gets cold I might turn into a closet sub-ohm'er......:D

Oink!!! Oink!!! where did the juice go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread