Status
Not open for further replies.

smknomore

Verified Member
Oct 4, 2014
South of the river
Company name
Alt Smoke​
Date of your initial complaint to the supplier.
15 November 2014​
How did you contact the supplier
Email​
Ticket number (if you were issued one)
#WNR-05793​
General nature of complaint
Defective or wrong product​
Briefly describe your problem or issue
Hello Everyone,
I am reluctant to post a complaint but feel that sharing my experience with other members may save someone else from experiencing similar issues.

Ok, back in October I purchased two new Silver Bullet Mechanical mods from Ecig Supply online. I purchased from E Cig as they were $29.00 dollars cheaper than Alt Smoke and with the savings I was able to get two allowing me to run two atties at the same time. Anyhow both Silver Bullets arrived in the velour bag and came with the 1/16" wrench. By the way I purchased these as I wanted a quality American made durable and rugged product. After reading many great reviews on this forum about the Silver Bullet M I decided this was the mod to get. I purchased a Black one and it was perfect and a Red one. The later had a small bruised spot on the bottom half next to the threaded end. When I say bruised I'm referring to a small dent, like the tube had been dropped prior to the Anodize finish. I said ok this is not a deal breaker but I was dissappointed it was there on such a highly reviewed mod, and for 100.00 dollars I was expecting great quality. So I proceeded to mount up my RSST atties, the atties contacted the 510 contact enough that I had to adjust the contact slightly to prevent the fire button from hanging up. The black Silver Bullet adjusted with no problem and I was was ready to vape no problem. However the Red Bullet's contact felt like it was not broached for the allen wrench. I was able to adjust but only by applying significant lateral pressure on the wrench so it would bite into the contact enough to allow adjusting. Got this Red Bullet adjusted and it worked good. I was pretty stoked owning an American mod and happy with the exceptions noted. I got on AltSmokes web site and gave them a call asking about replacement contacts in voice mail. So a couple of weeks went by and i needed some batteries. AW IMR 18500 button tops for my Provari. So I ordered these from AltSmoke, the batteries arrived and they sent flat tops. I was disappointed they screwed up my order, I went back to the web site and verified I ordered the correct item and I did. So I sent an email then filled out a ticket (2 seperate contacts) left my contact info ph and email on 12/29/14. Well fast to 01/06/15 after no response from Altsmoke I called them mid day during my lunch break and spoke to a gal, explained my issues and requested a quote on replacement contacts for my Silver Bullet, also informed her of my ticket voice mails etc. I understand the Christmas rush and employees being off for the holiday etc so I never complained. I asked for Chad's email so I could ask him about an atty contact myself and she provided an email and stated she would have an employee get back with me and she would contact Chad herself. OK another day goes by without contact so I call again. This time speaking with Nathan and he apologized for the battery screw up and promised me an email the next day. Well its been two more days and no response.

So I paid $100 for a defective Silver Bullet M.
I paid for batteries and were sent the wrong items.
Multiple contact attempts (ph, email, and ticket sys from web site) have resulted in ... well really nothing.

All together I am out several hundred dollars and take this as a lesson learned.

But I do want to mention that there are Great American Made Ecig/mods out there. REOS and Provape are both top notch no question.

AltSmoke .... naaaah........ Silver Bullet......not really.....

Hopes this saves someone from wasteing their money and time.

rocks82

Supplier Associate
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Columbus
www.altsmoke.com
Hi Smknomore,

It is my understanding that Chad has gotten in contact with you about your Red Bullet and is sending you some parts to get it back to working condition. I am sorry that you had some issues getting a hold of us. The holiday season was very busy for us but that is no excuse. We are very sorry that it took so long for you to get what you needed. I am sure Chad is telling you everything that you need to know about the Mechanical Bullet so I will let him handle that. As for the batteries, I see that Mason talked to you on the phone and got that all sorted out for you. The last shipment of 18500s that we got were shipped to us incorrectly as flat tops and we are changing the description on the web site ASAP. Again we apologize for the delay and mix up. If there is anything you need, just let us know. I sincerely apologize for the delays and issues.

smknomore

Verified Member
Oct 4, 2014
South of the river
Hi rocks82
I did talk with Chad via email last week , he refused to allow me to pay for the needed contacts and told me he would send what I needed.
Got in from work today and there were parts and not only the single atty contact I needed but both contacts and two springs and another velvet bag.

I was floored as I wasn't expecting all that. Truth being I was kind of doubtful about getting anything.
Now my opinion has changed about AltSmoke, They did get in touch with Chad for me. Chad contacted me, was very friendly and said what he would do and did what he said, plus some. (Thanks Chad)

With all this said, I will shop with AltSmoke again, now I might call first to be sure a product is in stock. Ha.

Its still great to buy American, speak to someone and when they tell you their name you can believe it.
Know the shipping times will not be 2 months, and most importantly you can resolve these kind of things.
Thanks AltSmoke, Thanks Chad, Thanks ECF (for allowing me to vent a little) and a great forum.

smknomore

Verified Member
Oct 4, 2014
South of the river
I do want to add one more thing for clarity. My initial contact was in October and I didnt follow up as I had two mods and could make the defective one work.
When the battery order was messed up, then I got persistent, but all is good now.

By comparison I purchased a HANA DNA clone from FastTech (slowtech) it took almost 60 days to receive the mod. Fast tech emailed me and told me of a delay
due to quality issues. Of course I didnt contact them but waited it out. When the Mod finally arrived it didnt work. It would power up but was non functional and the 510 must have been tapped with a dull starter tap the threads were so bad. With the shipping times, the language barriers, and hassle of it all I just canned it and have not bought another regulated mod from them.

Saying all that to say this. By American.... Thanks again AltSmoke and Chad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread