Alternative to Nautilus Mini & Subtank Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

reel big matt

Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
Buffalo, NY
Hello ECF! Long time, no post. Anyway, I have a question for all of you.

I recently had a Subtank Mini but the leaking issues really turned me off. I loved the taste and vapor production from it, but the coils just weren't working as long as I had hoped. I tried almost everything to stop the leaking and after talking to a local B&M shop they said it is an issue that almost everyone has. So I gave up on that and ended up junking the Subtank.

Now I am currently using a Nautilus Mini with an iStick 30w. One of my MAJOR problems with this tank is that almost any just I use with flavor in it gunks up the coils almost immediately and cleaning them constantly is a real pain in the 'you know what.' I have been using unflavoured ejuice as to not gunk up the coils, but I am getting a little bored of the same old nothing flavor. (note: yes I have tried to dilute the flavoured juice with unflavoured and still no luck)

I am looking for suggestions on what types of tanks I should be using to be able to have some flavoured juices along with my unflavoured juice from time to time. What type of tank would you recommend me? I am looking for something in the lower price range, and something that I can just swap out the coils and go. I do not have the time or patience for rebuildables so I do not mind paying the few $'s for the convenience of coils.

TLDR: What is a good tank that can handle flavours well, doesn't burn through coils, and is cost efficient.

Thank you!

Reactions: aikanae1

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
Eleaf GS Air tanks sound exactly like what you need. I have used both Nautilus minis and GS Airs and the GS Air coils deliver better flavor, more vapor and the coils last me 3-4 weeks. If I were you, I would get an older GS Air M tank or one of the newer GS Air 2 tanks. In my opinion, the original 1.5 Ohm coils are the best, followed by the .75 Ohm ones. The 1.2 ohms have consistency problems, so stay away from those. You can find the tanks and coils at Sweet-Vapes, or Evape.us, or Rocky Mountain vapes and I am sure other places carry them too. Good Luck!

reel big matt

Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
Buffalo, NY
Eleaf GS Air tanks sound exactly like what you need. I have used both Nautilus minis and GS Airs and the GS Air coils deliver better flavor, more vapor and the coils last me 3-4 weeks. If I were you, I would get an older GS Air M tank or one of the newer GS Air 2 tanks. In my opinion, the original 1.5 Ohm coils are the best, followed by the .75 Ohm ones. The 1.2 ohms have consistency problems, so stay away from those. You can find the tanks and coils at Sweet-Vapes, or Evape.us, or Rocky Mountain vapes and I am sure other places carry them too. Good Luck!
Thank you for the answer! I'll look into these tanks!

Have you had any problems with sweeter flavors gunking up the coils? I didn't have that problem on my subtank, but on the nautilus, almost every single flavor would ruin the coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread