The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Altitude and E-Juice Containers- Careful!

Discussion in 'Travel and E-Cig' started by ShowerHead, Jun 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ShowerHead

ShowerHead Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 23, 2014
    Massachusetts
    I recently had a holiday in the western United States. Visited some breathtaking places. Both figuratively and literally.

When I started my trip, I packed 2 mods, 4 tanks, 8 factory coils in case something happened to the self made ones in the tanks. I also took 120ml of e-juice in 30ml plastic bottles with the usual needle tips. All set, nothing will prevent me from vaping while away.

Well... I live at about sea level. First stop, Denver International. Got the rental, wiped a little juice off one tank, filled it and left for the Rockies. Up I went to about the 11-12,000 foot level. Where I found my tank had leaked in my pocket. Refill and head down. Next day, I hit about 9-10,000 feet again and sure enough, the tank leaked again. I swapped the tank for another. Next day same thing, except now I see puddles of juice in my carry bag. Cleaned that up, and continued.
    Long story short, I lost more than half juice I took between the bottles and the tanks leaking, swapped all 4 tanks, even tried the factory coils and still had leaks. Nothing helped the bottles stay secure.

Take e-juice in glass bottles with a good polycone cap, fill whatever size you have to about 75% full to allow for expansion. Fill your tank no more than 50%. It's no fun to have to find a vape shop in a remote area of an unfamiliar state because your supply has vanished.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.