Am I one of the only new 801 users?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckB

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Uvalde, Texas
I just got some BE112 attomizers and they wick a lot better. I'm using a mod, highping mod with a straw that didn't work very well on the DSE801 atty, is working beautifully on this BE112. It a straw cut slightly longer than 3/4 the debth of the cart and the poly from a 510 cart cut in half. Guess now I'm going to go back and re-try the other cart mods I've tried and see which one I like the best.

Elana

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2010
East coast.
I just got an 801 today and I like it a lot - I have a big chuck, joye eGo, and an m403 and I think that they all have their pro's and cons.

I've only vaped for a little while on the 801 (because i need a charger!) but from what I've experienced with it (vaping on a nearly dead battery and still delivering good vapor and the feel of it is just awesome) I believe that I will want to keep this PV for a long while. :)

I have the DSE801 attys on a VYPR 3.7 volt and absolutely love it. The vapor is awesome and the taste is so consistent. It is very warm, as compared to other options, and really feels like a real cigarette.

I typically use the cartridges, which hold a ton of juice, but sometimes drip to get the awesome taste and warmth. I am waiting on some cartomizers from EastMall that are suppose to be just like dripping, we will see, I have used 510 cartomizers with great success on a little laser mod I built and they are fantastic.

Also, you can cut about 1/2 inch off a regular DSE801 atty, with a small pipe cutter or hacksaw, install a drip tip, and get an amazing vapor.

Hope this is helpful,

DD

KDK

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2010
Fresno Ca. USA
I have been using the 801 since I started vaping in March, and its the only device I've tried. It works great for me, with no wicking or leaking issues. I use a mod in the cart that consists of a regular size drinking straw cut down to 7/8 " long, with notches cut into the end that is inserted first into the cart. I then fill the cart with juice, and cap it off with a 1/2 " square piece of the blue foam. I mostly vape TV juice, but if you use thicker juice you might need a slightly smaller square of foam. An easy way to cut the foam is to use a clear ruler and a rotary cutter such as is used for fabric. Hope this helps!

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I really enjoyed using the 801's. No leaking and holds lots of juice. I have used Fluval and the filler that comes in them with great success. I always have several PV's going at a time and that gives each a chance for the juice to reach the atty for great vape everytime.
I have some 801's, attys, extender, adaptor, juice etc. for sale on classified as of 9/8/2010.

xanas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I just got into vaping this week with an 801. A lot of people encouraged me to go the 510/eGo route, but the smooth hit and large flavor delivered by the 801 convinced me that it was a good place to start. So far I love it! I can sit back for hours just puffing away on it and getting huge clouds of vapor. Now to pick up another and some more batteries and attys :)

BoomBoom65

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Suffolk County, New York
Madvapes is carrying the 801 cartomizer they look just like the atty. I ordered a few today but I have not used them yet. Maybe you should try the cartos instead of carts and dripping...

Funny you should mention that - I was on that site purchasing a few other things (mostly for my 510) and I saw a blurb on the right side for the 810 cartomizer.

It was huge! When I checked out the description it said that that it can be used on a 510 battery with an adapter.

So I bought the 810 carto - which has a nice whistle tip BTW - and an adapter. They came in the mail today.

I filled the cart with my favorite BWB Espresso and have been vaping for several hours.

Huge clouds of full flavored vapor.

I am incredible impressed especially since I have not been able to get the hang of filling a carto on my 510 just so. This 810 was no problem. Took tons of juice before a bit came out the batt end.

Question is are they supposed to be used with the 510 battery? I assume they have a battery alll tho themselves. I am searching for that right now.

Zenfrogs

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Virginia
I suppose they intended them to be used with the 801 batts .... Can't remember if madvapes sells them or not. I want an 801 auto battery though... I have read that they have the best auto batts and I tried one a few months ago and it was really awesome. Luckily with adapters you can use them with any battery... I am using an 801 on and 808xl .... Lol it looks like a magic wand! Glad to hear good reports on the cartos... Plus I love the whistle tips!

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
I've also been using 801's nearly since I started vaping with an NPro ~ got tired of refilling!!

I used penstyle for ages, until the Janty Stick came out. The regular or manual 801 batteries are ridiculously expensive, that's why I went to the stick. Battery is about $4 vs $12-18. Longer lasting charge as well.

So far I've mostly just used the fluval that comes with the carts, tried other things but always just go back....if you have fluval to cut you need to experiment a bit ~ cutting the fluff the same size with a little "proud" to hold it in works best, it can't be too tight and won't let loose of the juice, or too light and won't hold it enough and leaks. It does get soft and gunky after a week or so, so replace often...washing occasional (I just rinse them and blot with paper toweling...they're pretty re-usable, but watch for thin-thick places ~ throw those out.) They're so inexpensive to buy empties.

Some use a straw inserted beside the fluval, I use a needle bottle for refilling. I really think air flow/juice flow is better with a straw ~ I use part of a plastic q-tip shank, about the right size. They're kinda hard to find anymore. Some use part of a coffee straw (some have two chambers, you can divide them.)

You also need to 'trim" the white casing of the cart (a 1/16th - 1/8th inch) so it doesn't quite touch the bridge in the atty ~ they will scorch, and that's awful tasting! Just make sure to keep the fluval a tiny bit past the edge of the cart after trimming to keep contact with the bridge. Better juice flow.

I love 801's. And the whistle tips are a must!
You made a good choice, but like everything else it takes a little bit of practice to get optimum vapor.

Last edited:

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
Madevapes is the only one I've seen offering the cartomizers, but I've not tried them, I'm not having any issues with the cartridges, and switch back and forth between a high & low bridge atomizer.

Have had some slurping probs with thicker e-liquds and also use the spring-method sometimes. VaporKings has batts (black & white only that are $5.45 ea, I've ordered 10-15 and haven't had any problems with them.

When I chain vape, the atty gets pretty hot and my auto batts do tend to shut off pretty quickly - I also use a pass thru that I love, love - in fact I thought I had a few dead atties, only to try them on the pass thru & they work fine (wth?) anywho, don't toss them if you have a pt......hth, Vic

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
THANKS!!!!
This is the first time I've seen or heard anything about an 801 cartomizer, and I've posted maybe a hundred times about 801 cart problems and scorching. Just goes to show me...if there's a "fix" available you hear about it sooner or later! The reviews were impressive, so anxious to try them out.
I just ordered a half dozen from MadVapes, will sure be glad if they work well and last a decent time. I couldn't believe how inexpensive they were.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
MadVapes didn't cover the schematics at all, so I have no idea either. I am assuming it's a vertical coil, by the way some others are made, will be interesting to see how they work. Trying not to be too enthusiastic, but it's hard because I love my 801 unit, and my DIY VG juice formula is geared for 801 3.7v 360mAh, no other has the same taste/aroma/heat combo for consistant optimum flavor and vapor.

Last edited:

Zenfrogs

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Virginia
I have never seen a Mega 801 but I just received my 801 cartos and it looks like a regular carto with cloth/wire/center tube etc.

edit:

I gotta say ... so far I love this 801 carto... easy to refill the whistle tip pops off easier than the 510 or 808 cartos and it is putting out a whole lot of vapor and it the flavor is definitely there. It does hold a lot of juice too. I was too eager to measure but it seemed like I was filling forever. I am using it in a janty stick right now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread