Status
Not open for further replies.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Since I started dripping a year ago I've been a "mech guy". I run a .2 ohm dual macro and I 'm starting to get tired of swapping out batteries every 20-30 minutes and having to carry a crap ton of batteries with me. If I put a rda with the same .2ohm build on say an IPV3 set it to 90 watts (on a mech it comes to like 88) would it be the same kinda vape ? Would it be more consistant....longer ? Or is there no reason to build @.2 with a vv-vw ?

I feel like I'm starting all over..........ANY HELP would be appreciated.
I felt kind of like you too. I'm a bottom feeder using a Mech Reo and just switched to a VW Bottom Feeder, but was curious about the changes in technology. So I bought the Cloupor 80Watt TC [Uses 2 18650 Batteries] and a Uwell Crown Tank with TC Coil [Very Highly Rated]. I'm just so curious if technology has moved forward to the point where a Tank can match dripping. Guess I'll know in 4 days.

zeus01

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
manila
first you are not alone :)

you and a bunch of guys on PH are still into mech mods/mech mod boxes
and still dont know the big difference between a high powered vv and top dollar mech,

but tell you listen to the guys here,take the plunge,vv's have come along ways since the provari :)
not only are they cheaper but can do a lot more.,
there is temp control as well,
titanium wires
and a bunch of other stuff,

making the switch to a temp controled device and titanium wires was one of the best decisions ive made,even the crappiest juices that i refuse to vape before are now acceptable :)

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I felt kind of like you too. I'm a bottom feeder using a Mech Reo and just switched to a VW Bottom Feeder, but was curious about the changes in technology. So I bought the Cloupor 80Watt TC [Uses 2 18650 Batteries] and a Uwell Crown Tank with TC Coil [Very Highly Rated]. I'm just so curious if technology has moved forward to the point where a Tank can match dripping. Guess I'll know in 4 days.
Well came back to update the thread.
My Cloupor GT 80 and Uwell Crown Tank are an awesome combination.
Cloupor is running around $48.00 at Angel Cigs or $56.00 at Royal Vapes. I wanted a silver so I ponied up the extra.
BTW the Cloupor has one of the smallest form factors of any dual box. Combined with TC and it's darned good unit.
Thick voluminous clouds, better and as tasty as my Bottom feeding RDA set up.

Bought the 3000mah[Purportedly] batteries and am changing them every 24 hours with plenty of life to spare.
Based on my just acquired experience. As you suspected you are in the Stone Age. The new generation of Sub Ohm Tanks have caught up to dripping in terms of flavor
and the Dual Battery Box Mods are providing consistent vape temperatures at around 60 watts for more than 24 hours. Tanks are thirsty though so be prepared to Diy or
find a quality low priced liquid. I've gone from around 5ml a day to 12-15ml per day. Wow!

Reactions: PyroTekRob

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
Since I started dripping a year ago I've been a "mech guy". I run a .2 ohm dual macro and I 'm starting to get tired of swapping out batteries every 20-30 minutes and having to carry a crap ton of batteries with me. If I put a rda with the same .2ohm build on say an IPV3 set it to 90 watts (on a mech it comes to like 88) would it be the same kinda vape ? Would it be more consistant....longer ? Or is there no reason to build @.2 with a vv-vw ?

I feel like I'm starting all over..........ANY HELP would be appreciated.
i used to mech... got tired of predicting when to change batteries (i usually predict it right), a few accidents had me banging at the regulated mods door

i used to drip too... but the annoyance of wicking every few hits, especially during driving got quite annoying... then came out the tfv4

so now im using an ipv4s with tfv4 that gives me some safety + RDA like vapor/flavor

whats not to like?

Reactions: SteamHead

SteamHead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
Tampa, FL, USA
I guess I've had the opposite experience of some of you... My mechs (two hammers, a stingray, and a 4nine) gave nothing but problems, all of them. While my regulateds (old Provari mini, hotcig zero clone) have never even had a hiccup, they've been dropped multiple times, even dropped my zero in a deep puddle. Totally consistant, never have to wonder at battery life, first puffs the same as the last, plus all the battery protections give a nice piece of mind.

It's all about perspective, I guess.

latexyankee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
No you're not in the stone age unless you're dripping on one of these
View attachment 407851

The original dripping atty

Ahhh, the memories...remember getting 2 horrible puffs (in retrospect) and thinking how awesome it was? And putting 10 drips in my kr808 cartos, just to hear the 510 crowd tell me battery life was overrated, you just need 2 PCC's.

Man those WERE the days

Funny 90% of this community now has no idea...no idea at all.

D. Waterhouse

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
central WI USA
I think that half the attraction to reg boxes is that you can throw any old coil on there with any old wad of cotton and turn it up untill it chucks a cloud. Easy peasy for the plug n play crowd.

Its harder to get a mech to work well at 100 watts

My mechs are all dusty for exactly that reason. I've got an iStick 30 and a 40 with a pair of Lemo2s. I get up grab the charged one, fill, charge the drained one and go. No worries all day, first puff to the last.

JBR3AK

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2012
Moosic, Pennsylvania, USA
Ahhh, the memories...remember getting 2 horrible puffs (in retrospect) and thinking how awesome it was? And putting 10 drips in my kr808 cartos, just to hear the 510 crowd tell me battery life was overrated, you just need 2 PCC's.

Man those WERE the days

Funny 90% of this community now has no idea...no idea at all.
Break out the club and the mammoth pelt.. I'll bring the LR atty carts and my v1 vamo and red plastic Apollo vtube.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
No you're not in the stone age unless you're dripping on one of these
254259-f79994878e6d1e558f779eb93e22c03c.jpg

The original dripping atty

I think about 85% of the people here have Never held one of those in their hands.

Or know what the term "Tailpipe-ing" means.

;)

Old Curmudgeon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Kansas City, fly over country
I think about 85% of the people here have Never held one of those in their hands.

;)
Lol I still have a pack of three stored away in a box with my Provari 2.5. A must have for sampling flavors just a few years ago.

Reactions: zoiDman

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York

;)
Makes me feel old even tho those things aren't even that old in human years. Sad thing is that's not even an original dripping atty, that atty has already been de-bridged, the orginal dripping atomizers you had to de-bridge yourself.

We've come a long way.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Makes me feel old even tho those things aren't even that old in human years. Sad thing is that's not even an original dripping atty, that atty has already been de-bridged, the orginal dripping atomizers you had to de-bridge yourself.

We've come a long way.

Oh-ya, and then we stuck those bridges in our drip tips so that the atty wouldn't spit at us. :lol:
    Only reason that I switched to RDAs was because they stopped making my favorite 510 atty.

TKS

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 28, 2015
    Stone age = deciding between a 901 or a 510 ecig, deciding whether to use aquarium filter material or pillow stuffing, and which one of 3 places to buy your liquid from, and praying it doesn't get stuck in customs and leave you high and dry.

I think some folks sill use aquarium filter to this day lol

Reactions: seminolewind

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 30, 2012
    United States
    Prefer mechs. They vape smoother. They don't silently s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s like regulated mods. yes, i can tell my regulated mods are modulating the voltage wave. not with a mechanical mod. smooth as a baby's ..... i also much prefer the slowly depreciating wattage of a mechanical mod.... just-because, i often find myself vaping at too high a wattage on regulated mods & I wind-up burning the coil or at the very least, getting annoying hits, that are too powerful for my throat, like when the wick is beginning to dry. Nothing beats a good mechanical build in my humble opinion. nothing is smoother. however, of course, if you want warm vapor, if you want a BUTTLOAD of vapor, regulated is where it's at, obviously.

goodnight everyone, vape safe, vape fun, and enjoy that vape journey.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread