Am I the only one who can't taste much of anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robin1968

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2009
Metairie, LA
Just tried to order from these guys based on your post. I tried to order the 6 pack but there is no pop window to put my flavors in. I am not searching the site for the flavors and typing each one in. lol

Try ECIGSMOKESTORE.COM It's a little pricey, but the juice has the best flavor you can buy.

Cielo

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Florida
Im one of those TV fans! If I'm not mistaking the owner Geoff has an issue with tasting flavors too and mixes them so he can taste them. (I remember reading this somewhere but cant find the thread) So basically if he can taste it, so can you.

I think my taste buds are permanently damaged from smoking marl reds for 15 years, then smoking cigars for the past 5 years. Im sure all of the asthma meds/inhalers that I have been using my entire life havent helped in the taste bud department either. However, I can clearly taste TV's stuff. Their coffee machiato is even too strong for me which I even found hard to believe.

gk7319

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
IL
Just my 2 cents - taste is so subjective!

I had this same issue until I started dripping directly into the atomizer. Suddenly, I could taste the flavors whereas with the cart I only got the slightest hint of any flavor.

For the record, I started out with a 510 and recently switched to a Silver Bullet for the long battery life (still using 510 attys). I am not running the SB at a higher voltage, still at 3.7v.

Back to the subjective part, I just received an order from Halo of Smooth 8 and Freedom juices and my first impression of the Freedom was...HOLY CRAP, it tastes like a smoke! It has a very earthy and somewhat ashen taste. As someone who still has a cigarette from time to time, this is a welcome shot of familiarity.

Anyway, just opened them so still trying to figure out the flavor. Also got some from Awesome Vapor yesterday and those are very very tasty so far, but I have not made my way through them yet - I ordered all of their straight tobacco flavors - no menthol.

That's all for now...Have a good one!

YePsTeR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
Northern Michigan
Im one of those TV fans! If I'm not mistaking the owner Geoff has an issue with tasting flavors too and mixes them so he can taste them. (I remember reading this somewhere but cant find the thread) So basically if he can taste it, so can you.

I think my taste buds are permanently damaged from smoking marl reds for 15 years, then smoking cigars for the past 5 years. Im sure all of the asthma meds/inhalers that I have been using my entire life havent helped in the taste bud department either. However, I can clearly taste TV's stuff. Their coffee machiato is even too strong for me which I even found hard to believe.

Ahhhh...was going to say to cut the machiato......but I see that you already like Ms T's. TV & Ms T's ROCK!!!! AND Nhaler Lung Juice......:w00t:

I have to try Halo!!!!!!!

ACM

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
I have not noticed much of a difference between dripping and using a cart, but I also use Johnson Creek juice, which I understand tends to be a little weaker. I am going to give Halo a try. I like the idea of a tobacco flavor that actually tastes something like tobacco.

(Still, although it's not strong, I do like what I can taste of the JC juice, and I really like the smell from the bottle - very much like hazelnut - and the vapor/throat hit from JC's reduced PG is pretty darn good. Ultimately, I need that throat hit to really fool myself that I am not smoking an analog.)

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Halo for sure if you like the taste of tobaco. And if you ordered the Smooth8 and don't like it....give it a chance. It is a little different but for me anyway...the more I vape the more I really like it. And I did email them about other flavors etc; Here is the response.

"Hi Lorraine,
Below is our current ingredient statement:
Our ingredients contain USP Grade Propylene Glycol and USP Grade Glycerin along with a proprietary blend of USP Grade Natural and Artificial flavorings. All ingredients are FDA and FEMA approved food additives, and we use only the highest quality USP Grade Nicotine with a Certificate of Analysis. Our nicotine is tested and documented to be a minimum of 98%-99% pure before our e-liquid is created in our US facility. We incorporate Lot Number Tracking as a means of tracing our e-liquid through the supply chain.
At this time we do not have plans for any full VG juices. We will be adding flavorless liquid in a couple of weeks for the DIY crowd. I will talk to my partners about maybe making a VG flavorless. Thanks again, and let me know if you need anything else."

I will absolutely be buying from them again. Yes...they are pricey...but to me it's worth it. Taste is important to me but my health is more important....after all....that's why I quit smoking :) So I am very happy to see these guys.

I also ordered from Tasty Vapor and actually found a live person (Geoff) manning the web chat!!! He was very helpful and knowledgable. I did the doubler thing and am really looking forward to recieving this order. Another domestic source from someone who really seems to care about what he is doing.

dleerl

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2009
MA
I'm still unable to taste anything very well. Just too many years of smoking. It will take time for my taste buds to recover, but as others have said, when I drip, I am able to detect some flavor. Tomorrow I plan on trying my hand at mixing. It's time to test my taste buds again. I'm going after licorice. Will let you know how that comes out.

I know this is off topic but Yepster, what are you using? How did you get all that vapor? My heavens, I'm missing something. I don't get anywhere near that amount of vapor. I've been reading about the chuck and the silver bullet because I definitely think I need more of something. My 510 on the 180mAH batteries just isn't enough. I'm going to have to order something that gives me a lot more punch than I am getting now.

Depend on the rabbit's foot if you will, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit! --R. E. Shay

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread