Am I the Only One who Prefers a Single Coil ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
In reply to the OP, I'm actually anti-cloud BIG TIME! I can't help thinking about how fast we lost our vaping rights most likely due to them in part. If, in the beginning, we all would have never showed any vapor at all when vaping I bet they would have left us alone and not done anything to us realizing that ALL THE VAPOR WAS ABSORBED IN OUR LUNGS, NOT IN THE AREA AROUND OTHER PEOPLE!! Face it, its true, not like you CCers even give a ....! Damnit! I can't even stealth vape in most places anymore. Had a Walmart worker walk by me and tell me vaping is not allowed!! In Walmart!! Are you kidding me?! There has to be a way of legally differentiating ourselves from the Cockroach CC cancer. I always hated seeing the cigarette smoke the worst and was quite pleased when I found how quickly the vapor was absorbed by my lungs and not have to exhale any smoke or clouds. So, I never have and am always conscientious and considerate enough not to. Brilliant, I thought! I could vape anywhere! But then again I have always been careful about not wanting to draw attention to myself or needing attention or wanting to impress people around me due to my low self-esteem. Stealth is the key. I too am an ex pack a day camel non-filter smoker. I knew I would never stop smoking and it would probably kill me eventually. My wife played a big part in me quitting though, it really hurt her, which in turned hurt me, I wanted to quit more than anything. One day while I was bored, at the local cig's R us store, picking up my carton of smokes for the week, just for a joke I bought some off brand generic electronic cigarette. Tried them and found I was able to do without, just barely, the 3,999 other addictive substances and chemicals in cigarettes and just get away with doing good 'ol Nico! That was November 12, 2012. Have not touched a cigarette since. First 6 months the thought crossed my mind to have one, but I just didn't. Today, I have no cravings for cigarettes at all. However, I vape all day long @ 12mg. Usually 4 - 7ml day.
Anyway, keep up the good fight to get our rights back, keep your vapor to yourself.

I do not necessarily support or condemn 'cloud chasing', or the term 'tootle puffer'. I do wonder if all of that vapor caused by mostly VG mixtures will have a long term effect on the body. I vape 70% - 75% VG as my sinus allergies cannot stand higher concentrations of PG. But I do so at 10 -11 Watts. An ECF member once posted that PG is currently being used in 'Fog Machines' by Hollywood Studios, but their use is limited by the Actors Guild as the Union doesn't want it's members exposed to the fog for prolonged periods of time. Yet vaping massive quantities of VG heavy e-liquids at higher voltages is somehow 'cool' ?
As I mentioned in the OP, Vaping is simply freedom from 40 years of tobacco for me. When I started vaping 3 1/2 years ago, I would get the "What is that ?" questions. We were using atomizers and cartomizers then, and ProVape and Reos Mods were about the best two options online then. Most attachments were built in the 1.5 -2.0 ohm range. I am still building 1.5 ohm coils for my Mechs, and 2.0 ohm for my VV devices. I am comfortable there. In recent times, a well organized tobacco lobby has soured the publics opinion towards Vaping. Blowing large clouds in a crowded restaurant probably does not help public perception. Vaping is still a relatively new technology, and more is still to come.
But I am happy and comfortable where I am with my equipment, why change ?

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2009
Southeast Texas
I'm a single coil kinda gal for sure. I did my first dual coil trial last week and no no no, it is not for me at all. I like lots of flavor, very low warmth to my vapor and I'm not a cloud chaser by any means but I get plenty of cloud from my single coils. A single coil is my happy place for sure!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I'm a single coil kinda gal for sure. I did my first dual coil trial last week and no no no, it is not for me at all. I like lots of flavor, very low warmth to my vapor and I'm not a cloud chaser by any means but I get plenty of cloud from my single coils. A single coil is my happy place for sure!
You're in the right place. :)

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2009
Southeast Texas
You're in the right place. :)
I would have to agree :). I started a thread over in RTA for suggestions on RTA's that support single coil users such as ourselves and have gotten some great advice for sure on which RTA's accommodat our single coil love. Very excited about it. I've already got a Calix from By Leo and have a SQuape Reloaded clone, Cthulhu V2 and a Serpent on there way to me. There are definitely more options than these but I'll play and tinker with these and see what I think before ordering others that are on my list. As for what I have right now, the Claix, I love love love it! Can't wait to get these others.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Someone started this thread three months ago, and it has already gotten over 3500 posts. So I guess we are not alone here....

The Overlooked Tootle Puffer Gear Thread

I mostly use bottom feed mods, so I can't help much on Rebuildable Tanks. I think a Kayfun is the closest I've ever come to an RTA. But the link posted above might lead you to some people who know more about RTA's :thumb:
And check back with us and share some of your insight !

Last edited:
Reactions: Bella Chic

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
Good for you! You will get the hang of it in no time.

Reactions: PapawBrett

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
I do not necessarily support or condemn 'cloud chasing', or the term 'tootle puffer'. I do wonder if all of that vapor caused by mostly VG mixtures will have a long term effect on the body. I vape 70% - 75% VG as my sinus allergies cannot stand higher concentrations of PG. But I do so at 10 -11 Watts. An ECF member once posted that PG is currently being used in 'Fog Machines' by Hollywood Studios, but their use is limited by the Actors Guild as the Union doesn't want it's members exposed to the fog for prolonged periods of time. Yet vaping massive quantities of VG heavy e-liquids at higher voltages is somehow 'cool' ?
As I mentioned in the OP, Vaping is simply freedom from 40 years of tobacco for me. When I started vaping 3 1/2 years ago, I would get the "What is that ?" questions. We were using atomizers and cartomizers then, and ProVape and Reos Mods were about the best two options online then. Most attachments were built in the 1.5 -2.0 ohm range. I am still building 1.5 ohm coils for my Mechs, and 2.0 ohm for my VV devices. I am comfortable there. In recent times, a well organized tobacco lobby has soured the publics opinion towards Vaping. Blowing large clouds in a crowded restaurant probably does not help public perception. Vaping is still a relatively new technology, and more is still to come.
But I am happy and comfortable where I am with my equipment, why change ?
Sorry.. I'm late with a reply. I to smoked 40+ years and i'm at a much better place today. Thanks for sharing.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
Speaking of a 'domed' style chimney top-cap like the Kayfun Lite ... The Lemo 2 also has a slight domed shaped chimney, [but] the chimney is so wide that the Lemo 2 is really designed more for straight lung hits with lots of airflow (unlike the Kayfun which has a smaller diameter chimney that is better suited for mouth to lung vaping using a lower airflow).

I really like the Lemo 2, however, I use the Lemo 2 with the airflow adjusted for a restricted airflow ... but I would really like this great RTA even more if the chimney wasn't so huge.

Just my opinion

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Speaking of a 'domed' style chimney top-cap like the Kayfun Lite ... The Lemo 2 also has a slight domed shaped chimney, [but] the chimney is so wide that the Lemo 2 is really designed more for straight lung hits with lots of airflow (unlike the Kayfun which has a smaller diameter chimney that is better suited for mouth to lung vaping using a lower airflow).

I really like the Lemo 2, however, I use the Lemo 2 with the airflow adjusted for a restricted airflow ... but I would really like this great RTA even more if the chimney wasn't so huge.

Just my opinion

Glad I read this. I've been told that the Lemo 2 could be adapted to tight-draw tootle-puffing, and I've been tempted to give it a shot. But knowing it has that fat a chimney... nah. It wouldn't suit me at all. My idea of a good draw is a carto. Or my Achilles. :D

Andria

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
Andria ... The Atomizer Tube that is attached just below the chimney (atomizer cover) is so wide on the Lemo 2, that there is very little room between it and the glass tank.

The whole thing above the build deck is just very wide.
Lemo2.jpg

Lemo2_02.jpg

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Andria ... The Atomizer Tube that is attached just below the chimney (atomizer cover) is so wide on the Lemo 2, that there is very little room between it and the glass tank.

The whole thing above the build deck is just very wide.
Lemo2.jpg

Lemo2_02.jpg

Generally if I see a slot rather than tiny holes for airflow, I figure it's much too airy for me. So far that has served me well. :thumb: But knowing it has a fat chimney... really glad I haven't wasted any money on it.

Andria

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
Generally if I see a slot rather than tiny holes for airflow, I figure it's much too airy for me. So far that has served me well. :thumb: But knowing it has a fat chimney... really glad I haven't wasted any money on it.

Andria

I really don't think there is a better tank then the KFL yet and besides tanks are so yesterday. :lol:

I don't recall a single instance of a smoker increasing the airflow of a cig, those extra ultra lights with the holes in em, sheesh. :censored::facepalm:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I really don't think there is a better tank then the KFL yet and besides tanks are so yesterday. :lol:

I don't recall a single instance of a smoker increasing the airflow of a cig, those extra ultra lights with the holes in em, sheesh. :censored::facepalm:

ROFL! Anytime I had dental work and was given that ol "don't smoke" crap, I would just nod and say "yeah right", then go home and cut my ultra-light filters in half, so I didn't have to suck on 'em so hard to get a drag. :lol: Telling me "don't smoke" was pretty much identical to telling the wind not to blow, and same now if someone had the temerity to tell me not to vape. I vaped in the emergency room, after they gave me the shot of morphine and I could actually move without my entire torso seizing up in total lockdown from the pain (appendix).

I agree about the KFL+; actually I really wish I could go back to using 'em, but with this gunk monster, it's just not practical. I figure at some point, I'll find another ADV that maybe isn't such a gunker, and I can use my KFL+'s again.

There are a lot of bennies with the Achilles though; I first started decreasing my nic level because of its awesome throat-hit, and it's so tight that I use *very* little ejuice now -- with the kayfuns, I was vaping 6-8ml a day; now about 4.5-5ml. Wish Yeahsmo would get off their butts and get those Achilles 2's made and ready to sell.

Andria

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Ahh, here's a thread for me. Yurrrrp! Single Coil builds (usually) for me too. I'm not into clouds at all, and I kinda resent that vaping went in the direction that it did, as-far as starterkits for new vapers/mod-users containing cloud-chaser equipment. Very uncool.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Single coil nazi here

I own a Lemo 2 (used to have a Lemo 1, its passed away sadly), and a TFV4 Mini - which i got and straight away gave away all the fancy coils for it within minutes (bought it during a vape meet at my local b&m) to someone else i know who also bought the TFV4 Mini that night, and am sending the dual deck RBA, which i got as a bonus when i bought it, to someone here on the forums, as ill never use it.

Usually running 0.6ohm 3mm ss on tc

Yup, single coiler...i like no muss, no fuss vapage

Last edited:

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
It's very expensive. So expensive I wouldn't buy one. Then My daughter and her boyfriend gave me a $150 Gift Card for Christmas. So I bought a Chalice III.
This has to be a "Tootle Puffers" dream atomizer. Adjustable air flow, single coil setup, all stainless steel. The machining is immaculate. Mark Bugs has a genuine masterpiece is this little atty. Perched upon a VV Grand that I had previously sent back to the 'Spa' to have the juice well lowered to accommodate the wider, newer atomizers, this little baby is delivering a rich, cool vape at 2.2 ohms. About the only thing I am not fond of is the post screws. I would prefer ports, or at least hex or Phillips head screws. But the way it vapes makes it easy to overlook such a small detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread