Am I the only one who's tempted.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
So we need a support group to go to this meeting...
Occupy the FDA?
Is CASAA going to be present?

Yes. I emailed the organizer and told her I planned to give the presentation that I wrote for the meeting that was supposed to have been held in November.

sqirl1

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I'm tempted all the time, and I keep trying to think of the best way to do it.

But to get any real attention, it has to be orchestrated, with people all over the country participating.
I have no idea what the best place would be do this to get the needed attention though.

I keep thinking maybe just have people meet and with signs in front of the local newspaper office?

Here's some food for thought on this:

*First off, don't just make this about E-cigs, but make it about the evil and corruption going on in the FDA, PERIOD. MANY people hate the FDA for one reason or another. We'd do well to join forces with them on this.

* Organize protests in every major city that not only has an FDA office/headquarters but also in cites where BP companies like pfizer have an HQ established. For example, I believe either Pfizer or J&J have a building out here in my hometown of St. Louis, Just organize a protest outside places like this all on the same day and I guarantee the media will wonder what it's all about.

* some sign suggestions: FDA = Fraud and Death Administration, (drug company name here) = Legal Drug Cartel, WHO are you to tell me how to live? (get it? WHO as in World Health Organization), Who needs .... when you got Adderall? 100,000 Suicides means a drug is harmless? or my personal favorite, FtFDA (use your imagination to figure that one out).

sqirl1

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2011
St. Louis, MO
i thought they ruled that ecigs are a tabacco product and will be treated the same as 18 and older?

The FDA has a rule for NEW tobacco products. If it wasn't around at the beginning of 2007, it's banned unless it's deemed to be the same thing as products that were or unless the FDA allows it to be around.

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
Here's some food for thought on this:

*First off, don't just make this about E-cigs, but make it about the evil and corruption going on in the FDA, PERIOD. MANY people hate the FDA for one reason or another. We'd do well to join forces with them on this.

* Organize protests in every major city that not only has an FDA office/headquarters but also in cites where BP companies like pfizer have an HQ established. For example, I believe either Pfizer or J&J have a building out here in my hometown of St. Louis, Just organize a protest outside places like this all on the same day and I guarantee the media will wonder what it's all about.

* some sign suggestions: FDA = Fraud and Death Administration, (drug company name here) = Legal Drug Cartel, WHO are you to tell me how to live? (get it? WHO as in World Health Organization), Who needs .... when you got Adderall? 100,000 Suicides means a drug is harmless? or my personal favorite, FtFDA (use your imagination to figure that one out).
That was a recent discussion a few of us were having over the weekend. How the FDA was complicating somebody's chance to live a higher quality of life based on the medications he could get vs the medications the FDA was pushing. (Yes, pushing ... as in the guy on the corner selling illicit materials to kids on their way to school. Yes FDA employees who scan posts that contain the FDA in them ... you work for an evil business ... you should help the people, not help the FDA be the world's largest drug lord.)

sqirl1

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2011
St. Louis, MO
That was a recent discussion a few of us were having over the weekend. How the FDA was complicating somebody's chance to live a higher quality of life based on the medications he could get vs the medications the FDA was pushing. (Yes, pushing ... as in the guy on the corner selling illicit materials to kids on their way to school. Yes FDA employees who scan posts that contain the FDA in them ... you work for an evil business ... you should help the people, not help the FDA be the world's largest drug lord.)

I say we start another consumer group: CAAPC, or Consumer Advocates Against Pharmaceutical Cruelty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread