Am I vaping more than I used to smoke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinknugget

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Philadelphia,Pa
Vape till the batteries die. Then buy a passthrough and sit at a computer and vape for 90 minutes until it's charged then vape everywhere else. Rinse and repeat. :)

If it's not enjoyable then stop until it's enjoyable again. I have found that the only time i find vaping unenjoyable its when my batteries are dead and/or im out of juice.

element77

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Atl, Ga
When I first quit analogs 6 months ago I bought an 18mg disposable and chain smoked it till it was done (about 4 hours). I loved it more than cigs as long as I had another. I did however find that I was getting od type symptoms mostly the trotts, not very nice side effect. I found the 6mg disposable were great, no problems but that was expensive. Sometimes 2 disposable a day. Now I've got a mod and vape the 6mg all day in a carto and drop some 0mg flavors in an atty in between just cause it's a new vape toy and I freakking love it! I want a Darth Vader mask that pumps vaper into my faceLOL. My employees joke I live in a vapor atmosphere!!!
Edit. I smoked a pack a day of American Spirit ultra lights.

Vapture

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
eastern canada
Certainly feels like I'm getting much more nicotine from vaping than smoking. Maybe not in total, but certainly higher peaks as I tend to vape a little more frequent and for longer durations. .... Vaping, compared to smoking seems to have more of a delay before the full effects of nicotine ingested are noticed ... by then I already used too much.

I'm slowly getting used to being able to better monitor and notice use/effect ... it's a lot different than smoking, where the other nasty parts of smoking are a natural deterrent to smoking ... ...

Hard to say though ... kinda like drinking too much coffee when you're chatting to someone or not paying attention.

Wonder if it would be useful if ecigs, had a way of deactivating for 3 mins or so after 15 puffs would be a good way to help people monitor usage/consumption.

Anyways, overuse or too much nicotine seems to be an issue of not paying attention for me, nothing else.

The other factor could also be ... switching to vaping over smoking ... in a little while you're likely to be more healthy and able to handle more nicotine without as much effect.

I used to smoke around 7 cigs a day between 6 and 10mg of nicotine depending on brand. I am now vaping 18mg e-juice and having to refill my mini e-cig about 4 times a day. The inside cartridge is smaller than a car's dust cap so I'm not sure how much I'm putting in although at a guess, it would be something like 1 - 2ml

Am I vaping more than I used to smoke? What is the chance of overdosing on nicotine?

Thanks,
Chiller.

Rick_H

Verified Member
Jul 5, 2012
San Diego, CA
That has been my experience too (0mg, no throat hit). I've been using 6mg flavors for a couple of weeks now with mixed results. The throat hit is very important to me as well. I've even been thinking of going higher again just to get the throat hit back. I've been off analogs for almost two months now and don't want to go back. I figure a little higher nic is better than feeling that craving again and being tempted.

mwplefty

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
Chicago, IL
My friend, who smokes (I've been trying to get him to vape), "warned" me that I could end up vaping "too much" because there are no restrictions on vaping indoors. He worries that I will get over-exposed to nicotine since I can basically vape anywhere whenever I want. I'm going to see him in a couple weeks, and once again I'm going to encourage him to take up vaping. He's been incredibly unsuccessful in quitting analogs despite $10/pack in New York.

aggelos

Verified Member
Mar 9, 2012
Greece
At first,don't get very anxious about vaping more than you use to smoke.With vapor our body doesn't absord the same amount of nicotine as with smoking.Eventually you will drop your nicotine concentration.Of course i agree with everyone saying you that you must listen to your body about headaches etc.
One thing you could do,is to have with you a bottle of juice 18mg and a bottle of juice with no nicotine.When you feel that you want nicotine you do a couple of puffs with the 18mg and then return to your 0mg juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread