am i vaping too much ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraceKira

Dec 19, 2015
Hello All

I switched from 1 blue PACK LM per day to ego ONE vaping
I bought 10 ml 6 mg nicotine concentration . It works great

What concerns me that I vape almost non stop at my laptop (vacation)... and I finished 10 ml bottle in 2 days...That is 60 mg of nicotine ....

I don't feel any strange except I slept last night only 3 hours and wake up groggy and tired as hell
After I started vaping again my tiredness disappeared

Am I overdosing ?

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
I sometimes feel like I have the vape in my mouth constantly. Used to smoke 1.5 packs a day Winston Gold 100's and one cigarette would take about 15 puffs for me to finish (yes, I counted). When I vape I will usually do three at a time and set it down to pick it up again soon enough. I am at 18mgs right now, but started at 24. I am keeping my tobaccos at 18 for now, and my flavored ones at 16 or 12mg just because I know I'll vape more.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Id say if you are not : shaking, nauseous, hyperventilating, or running around like the old proverbial beheaded chicken, that you are fine.

I see you just joined and the insomnia and odd dreams are part of quitting smoking even if you were not vaping.

If someone can pick your vaporizer up without you growling and biting at them, I think you are fine.

Congrats on your quitting the cigarettes. There a lots of strange and weird things that will go on with your body and mind while going through detox from cigarettes. Depression, lack of energy , etc. It might be even up to a year or you might not suffer anything, except dry mouth or a case of "vapors tongue" a few times. I had vapors tongue every time I got a new flavour or vaped a lot without enough hydration.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Welcome!

The only way to know if you are vaping too much is if your heart starts to race or skip beats, you start throwing up and your bowels open up like the bomb bay doors of B-24 Liberator dropping ........ bombs over Dresden. If none of those things happen, you are probably ok.

NightShadow

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
Tacoma, Washington
@TraceKira If your feeling like the vaporizer is stuck in your mouth all the time, then you might try a higher mg level of juice. The absorption rates are very different between analogs and ejuice, so unless you have symptoms like posted above, no worries. If your not getting enough nicotine, the vape can be like a pacifier, nonstop stuck in your mouth. But using it like that is keeping you off analogs so that is the main thing.

Typically 3-6 mg is what most people that vape using powerful sub ohm mods use. They go through several 4 ml tanks a day easily like this.

People using smaller ego style devices generally use 12-18 mg strengths.

Each cigarette contains anywhere from 8 mg of nicotine up to 20 mg of nicotine.
Smoking 1 cigarette gives you 1 mg of nicotine (0.95) < what you actually absorb.
A pack of cigarettes would contain 160-200 mg of nicotine.
Smoking a pack of cigarettes would be approximately 20 mg of nicotine absorbed.

Your 10 ml of eliquid over 2 days at 6mg = 30 mg a day used (not all absorbed)
The studies I have seen point to needing 50 mg strength eliquid to even approach the same amounts of absorption in the blood as a cigarette over an equal smoking time frame (5 mins).
The study I have posted below shows people using 18 mg eliquid needing to vape for 35 minutes to reach the same amount of nicotine obtained from a single analog in 5 minutes. So using 18mg liquid, and smoking for 11 hours would land the average vaper about the same nicotine absorption as a pack of cigarettes.

Nicotine absorption from electronic cigarette use: comparison between first and new-generation devices : Scientific Reports

In the end, I would not be overly concerned about how much nicotine you are using, rather count how many analogs you are not, and the 4000+ chemicals contained in them.

Just find a nicotine level that allows you to stop needing to vape non stop, once you get comfortable doing that, Then you can try slowly tapering off the amount of nicotine you use and reach 0 if you wish.

You may also want to have 2 strengths, a higher level for busy time so you can get you nicotine fix in easier/faster, and a low level to sit and puff on.

Jeremy Schreiber

May 27, 2015
I think my sleeping has been negatively impacted from vaping (waking up multiple times each night). I'll explain why, but an alternative explanation is the stress of a doctoral program. Anyway, I figure I vape at least once every hour, and not ever stopping for more than one three hour period I am at school or on the job. My body becomes habituated to that intake of nicotine and when I try to go more than 3 hours (it varies) when trying to sleep, the need to vape wakes me up. I don't believe that happened with cigarettes - but then again I probably was not consuming as much nicotine as frequently. Anyone have a similar problem waking up in the middle of the night twice or more each night? (realizing it can be a bunch of other things in my life (it's not caffeine) but still).

I have moved from 3mg to 1.5 (and some Flawless in 2mg) to see if that helps.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I bought 10 ml 6 mg nicotine concentration
Could be taking in to much nic.
Might suggest ramping down to lowest Mg. and vape to your hearts content. Could try zero nic for all day and 6 mg. when you feel like a pick me up.Vaping offers total control,time to take advantage of it. Do what you think your body needs and listen to it.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Hello All

I switched from 1 blue PACK LM per day to ego ONE vaping
I bought 10 ml 6 mg nicotine concentration . It works great

What concerns me that I vape almost non stop at my laptop (vacation)... and I finished 10 ml bottle in 2 days...That is 60 mg of nicotine ....

I don't feel any strange except I slept last night only 3 hours and wake up groggy and tired as hell
After I started vaping again my tiredness disappeared

Am I overdosing ?

Not at all. I usually vape about 4.5ml per day, sometimes 5ml, though rarely more; when I first started though, for quite a while i vaped 6-8ml per day. The first several weeks, I didn't sleep much at all, but that passes, then you find that you sleep better, because you can breathe better.

The thing is, cigarettes have a lot more in them that just nicotine, and although vaping is such a wonderful substitute that you don't consciously miss cigarettes too much, your brain and liver can tell the difference; it's essentially withdrawal, even if it doesn't really feel too much like it. It eases after a few days, then a bit more after a few weeks, then still more after a few months.

Way to go on switching, though; vaping did it for me too, when nothing else EVER worked.

Welcome to ECF!! :thumb:

kenmuir

Verified Member
Jan 23, 2014
AB, Canada
I can go through anywhere from 4-20mL per day. If I'm occupied and busy, the usage is low, but if I'm screwing around on the computer or reading a book, I'll puff away like a steam vent.

If you need to vape for the nicotine, then increase your concentration. If you're vaping more because you need something to occupy your hands, then vape more at a lower concentration. If you're getting the lightheadedness and nausea, then it's time to decrease the concentration.

I always have two tanks filled with two different strength liquids. At first it was 18mg and 12mg, then I moved lower and lower, and now I'm at 1mg and 0.25mg. I had my last cigarette three years ago, today.

Frostino

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2015
I was going through quite a bit more when I first began using, I believe I began going through even more as I got more into it lmao... Then I found my favorite juice and I was just sucking it down like candy. My solution was higher nicotine concentration and then I was able to pull back. I began around 12MG and I was a Marlboro reds smoker so I should have begun higher to begin with lol

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
Am I overdosing ?
No you definitely are not... I vape about 15ml of 6mg a day...

If you recently made the switch your body is adjusting to not having all the other chemicals from the cigs, I had a couple sleepless nights but they caught up pretty fast, I slept about 12 hours straight lol, after that didn't really ahve any problems..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread