Amazing and Not So Amazing Mech Mod Clones

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxximusRevelation

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2016
After paying premium dollar for authentics so long, I have now joined the dark side in clones.

As there as so many long term veterans on this forum I would love to hear all the advice from any of you on your experience of clones.

So lets make this a tell all thread for mech mod clones! I would like to hear ANY experiences, good or bad, from mech mod clones that you guys have experience on.

Lets keep this as informative as possible please.
Please state;
  • Site of purchase
  • What version of the mech you own (V1, V1.5 etc etc)
  • Possibly what year it was released (I have read that some clones are brought out at a later date in higher quality than their predecessor E.g; the Incubus)
  • What you paid for it
  • Cons
  • Pros
  • Would you purchase again? Why or why not?
  • Does the mod outperform or under-perform compared to the original, and by how much?

Thanks everyone who contributes to this thread. I think it will help lots of people like myself steer away from certain purchases and go through with purchases we are on the fence about but can't commit too.

Last edited:

bsidb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Leroy,NY
Last edited:

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
After paying premium dollar for authentics so long, I have now joined the dark side in clones.

As there as so many long term veterans on this forum I would love to hear all the advice from any of you on your experience of clones.

So lets make this a tell all thread for mech mod clones! I would like to hear ANY experiences, good or bad, from mech mod clones that you guys have experience on.

Lets keep this as informative as possible please.
Please state;
  • Site of purchase
  • What version of the mech you own (V1, V1.5 etc etc)
  • Possibly what year it was released (I have read that some clones are brought out at a later date in higher quality than their predecessor E.g; the Incubus)
  • What you paid for it
  • Cons
  • Pros
  • Would you purchase again? Why or why not?
  • Does the mod outperform or under-perform compared to the original, and by how much?

Thanks everyone who contributes to this thread. I think it will help lots of people like myself steer away from certain purchases and go through with purchases we are on the fence about but can't commit too.

Good idea for this Maxximus. Don't know why I didn't think of this topic earlier. A LOT of us don't have the money to fork out for a $200-$300 authentic so we settle for clones. As for clones, I hear that they are getting to be great quality and a lot of them seem to have less voltage drop than the authentic and seem to work just as good if not better. Def going to following this thread as people chime in with their opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
In days past, any mention of such blasphemy would get you trolled to no end by a stream of authentic mod owners questioning your integrity for stooping so low as to own a copy of their holy tube.
No company could match the NASA like precision of their $200+ tubes for $10.

Today, we understand that was a myth.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I have had great luck with Fasttech by paying attention to product reviews. I.e. If most reviews are glowing, it generally doesn't suck.

Some of my favorites are SMPL, Tree of Life, Chi You and King clones. All bought in the last couple years for between $7 and $15.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Some really good old school clones:
King
Chi you
Silver dog hybrid
Hammer
Launcher V2
GP Paps
Vapelyfe Hybrid
Luna Sea
Cherry Bomber
Panzer SS (EHpro)
Dimitri
SMPL

Some newer excellent quality clones:

AV Abel/Optic Timekeeper (anything by kindbright)
AE Duke
Sebone
Elite
Coppervape (basically a CC clone)
HK Complyfe Knurled

To find the better quality pieces read the reviews and discussion on FT and other sites.

Very high quality clones of all these mods are available if you look for them.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Paying $150+ for a tube with a switch, is not something I'm ever going to do. In fact I'm right off all tube mechs entirely at the moment. If you like a hot vape, using a single 18650 tube fighting the constraints of low voltage sources and high current loads feels Ouroboros-like.

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
In my opinion the cloning of tube mods business is created by pricing of the originals. A tube mod is not a part of any rocket science and don't need any Picasso to design one. Maybe I'll pay $100- for a nice polished piece of a metal tube with a nice logo, but not $200+ :)

MaxximusRevelation

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2016
I have quite a lot of mech clones in the mail heading my way. I plan on taking pics of each one broken down and than use each one as my only mod for at least two weeks (unless I absolutely hate it) before posting updates on what I think of them.

Upcoming clones I will be talking about;

2FDeal;
  • Raptor G2-Aluminum
  • Elite Series
  • Sebone 25MM Mod/Rda kit-Brass
  • Incubus box mod
  • Hybrid Hanged Mod/Rda 1:1 Kit- Brass, Stainless, Copper
  • Shiva Mod with Baal V4 Rda
  • Resin Delubio Series-Chinese warehouse not German

3Fvape;

• Lost Art Goon RDA
  • Lost Art Goon RDTA

FastTech;
  • Aventador Parallel box mod- Brass

Now the only authentic I will be able to compare these clones with are the Goons. I will still be commenting on its quality and if I recommend the product or not though.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
I have quite a lot of mech clones in the mail heading my way. I plan on taking pics of each one broken down and than use each one as my only mod for at least two weeks (unless I absolutely hate it) before posting updates on what I think of them.

Upcoming clones I will be talking about;

2FDeal;
  • Raptor G2-Aluminum
  • Elite Series
  • Sebone 25MM Mod/Rda kit-Brass
  • Incubus box mod
  • Hybrid Hanged Mod/Rda 1:1 Kit- Brass, Stainless, Copper
  • Shiva Mod with Baal V4 Rda
  • Resin Delubio Series-Chinese warehouse not German

3Fvape;

• Lost Art Goon RDA
  • Lost Art Goon RDTA

FastTech;
  • Aventador Parallel box mod- Brass

Now the only authentic I will be able to compare these clones with are the Goons. I will still be commenting on its quality and if I recommend the product or not though.

I also have the Raptor coming. I'm going to be checking in to see what you think of the other mods.

Kickingthesticks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 6, 2016
    Never bought a authentic before so I have nothing to compare to but the caterpillar from ft has been great, good button throw and low voltage drop, I own a black aluminun and brass. After reading the reviews I picked up a Pegasus clone, for not being direct battery contact. It hits pretty good. The Pegasus can be a pain to thoroughly clean tough.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 17, 2013
    Lakeland, Fl. USA
    You are gonna like the Raptor.

I can't wait. Seems like I'm having an issue with every mod I own (even regulated) not wanting to fire with any of my RDA's. I know it's not the the RDA's cause they all fire on 1 of my regulated mods. Im hoping it's just coincidence but I'm afraid I'm going to have to tear a few apart and see if I can find out what the issue is. The one thing I hate about ordering from China is it just takes forever for anything to get to the states.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Foggy Road
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread