Not open for further replies.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
yes
I'm eyeing the Goon's , and some authentic , the Cheetah the Combo and the Wondervape i.e.
etc

I'm still in the decision process

Watching and reading reviews I've seen that Kennedy 24/25mm and Goon ( 1.5? ) styled atomizers are kind of the mainstream.
Both plenty of room for the builds .
The latter looks bit better maybe and have all sorts of customizations available.

I'd buy a bunch of them really given that's a likely long shipping time that I have to experience..
but seems overkill at the moment ..
so I'll be probably ok with 1 authentic rda only.
rda seems more mainstream then rdta , even though this one definitely catched my eyes more then the rest
https://d1844rainhf76j.cloudfront.net/goods_desc/1502357099_4322df.jpg

On the mod side what's most appealing thing as a 24/25mm straight plain design which is not sold out yet or discontinued , something like this $19.29 18650 Brass + Copper Mechanical Mod - gold at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping .. better in stainless steel .. I like the Trinity US1 ( original or no logo clone .. it has a nice adjustable/recessed fire button that can't fire if put vertically on a table i.e. .. and a nice inside plastic chamber .. and top vents for the battery .. nice adds ), the Kindbright arc, the Broadside
still many on the list

looking also if I can find a similarly styled magnetic fire button mod - or one that can accept the magnetic button like i said

If you're looking for a magnetic button option, take a look at the Hellvape Trishul -- it comes with both magnets and a spring for the button so you can try out each option to see what works best for you. I've been very pleased with mine -- great build quality and very smooth button action. I found that I like the feel of the spring more so than the magnets, but the magnets work fine as well. I got just the mod, but it also comes as a kit with an RDA.

Only complaint I have is that the high polished finish is a fingerprint magnet.
$24.51 Authentic Hellvape Trishul 18650 Mechanical Mod - 1*18650 / brass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Here's a review so you can see the parts in more detail:

bood

Sep 16, 2017
I like many things there..this design it is sure in my direction .

but some
the brass finish , as I'm more of a SS one..
the engravings
and the atom design , since I'm in for a first one and that will last me on for a while to begin with , I'm gonna stick with a Goon style or similarly originals hole sided and fully customizable,
like the one that I aformentioned

very solid feeling with this mod you linked
the button is super too

Last edited:

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
Can I ask, what is it about magnets that you find appealing? I only ask as 'back in the day' there seemed to be a mindset where you HAD to upgrade every mod with a spring to a magnet. Personally, I am always a little disappointed when I see a mod has a magnet. I'd choose springs every time.

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
Can I ask, what is it about magnets that you find appealing? I only ask as 'back in the day' there seemed to be a mindset where you HAD to upgrade every mod with a spring to a magnet. Personally, I am always a little disappointed when I see a mod has a magnet. I'd choose springs every time.

I my self hate mags and pull them out and ether make spring with the small copper wire in a Cable TV wire or get some silver springs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bood

Sep 16, 2017
good to know

I figured that the spring mechanism will get loose at a point ( so that at a point is not very stable ? )
where magnets cant

but i understand the feeling the hit is better with a spring loaded mechanism
which is the one I tried btw

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Magnets can allow for a smoother button action when compared to a janky spring, but a good quality spring will be equally as smooth. Plus, springs don’t cause the extreme foul language that is produced when you take the switch apart for cleaning and then have to struggle to get the magnets back in.

Plus, magnets can shatter when they slam together when you take them out to clean the switch. And magnets have only one goal in life – to slam together.

bood

Sep 16, 2017
Magnets can allow for a smoother button action when compared to a janky spring, but a good quality spring will be equally as smooth. Plus, springs don’t cause the extreme foul language
eheheeh
Plus, magnets can shatter when they slam together when you take them out to clean the switch. And magnets have only one goal in life – to slam together.
ok so magnets will be off the main list for now

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
just picked up a mcv raptor T6 from my local vape shop. feels good in the had. throw is great hits hard every time. threads on caps are good. it has some scratchs im trying to figure out how to get scratchs out of aluminum. overall very happy!!! any tips for this mod?
IMG_20170918_150808.jpg

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
wouldn't buy a thing that scratched if brand new !
but aluminium scratches easily
besides that it looks terrific ( good ) , and I'm not a box lover , at all
it was in his used section so i knew it would probably have some scratchs and dings i only paid 5 dollars for it:thumbs:

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
I got a brass Broadside clone from FT the other day. Is the silver pin in the button assembly supposed to "bottom out" when you screw it all the way into the delrin disc? As in, screws all the way in and stops? That's how it looks in the couple of reviews I've seen, though the only ones I've seen that show it in enough detail are of authentic devices. On mine it doesn't bottom out; once it screws all the way in, it just spins in place. It doesn't push through out the other side (I didn't try real hard), and it doesn't pull back out without unscrewing (can be difficult to catch the threads again, worried about stripping them), just spins and spins. I tried flipping the disc over and screwing it in from the other side, but it didn't change anything. Does anyone else have one of these, and does it do the same? Or see a problem with the way it is? I wouldn't love to send it back and wait three more weeks to get a replacement, but if it came down to it, I'd rather do that than keep it now and have other problems with it down the road.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
just picked up a mcv raptor T6 from my local vape shop. feels good in the had. throw is great hits hard every time. threads on caps are good. it has some scratchs im trying to figure out how to get scratchs out of aluminum. overall very happy!!! any tips for this mod?
View attachment 686713
You can do it a couple of ways, if you like the brushed look, use a green scotchbrite pad to clean it with. If you want polished, use some fine sandpaper 1000 grit or higher and a dremel to polish to a shine :)
Or you can take some Mother's Metal polish and give it a good rub down and use it as is :)

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
You can do it a couple of ways, if you like the brushed look, use a green scotchbrite pad to clean it with. If you want polished, use some fine sandpaper 1000 grit or higher and a dremel to polish to a shine :)
Or you can take some Mother's Metal polish and give it a good rub down and use it as is :)
i was looking for this info everywhere thanks!!!

Reactions: Kprthevapr

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
I got a brass Broadside clone from FT the other day. Is the silver pin in the button assembly supposed to "bottom out" when you screw it all the way into the delrin disc? As in, screws all the way in and stops? That's how it looks in the couple of reviews I've seen, though the only ones I've seen that show it in enough detail are of authentic devices. On mine it doesn't bottom out; once it screws all the way in, it just spins in place. It doesn't push through out the other side (I didn't try real hard), and it doesn't pull back out without unscrewing (can be difficult to catch the threads again, worried about stripping them), just spins and spins. I tried flipping the disc over and screwing it in from the other side, but it didn't change anything. Does anyone else have one of these, and does it do the same? Or see a problem with the way it is? I wouldn't love to send it back and wait three more weeks to get a replacement, but if it came down to it, I'd rather do that than keep it now and have other problems with it down the road.

I have the titanium version and it does the same thing – pin does not bottom out. It seems to be luck of the draw. I’ve read reviews/discussion threads on FT where others say same thing, and comments where people say their pin does bottom out. I didn’t bother doing an exchange with mine since it’s more of a pain in the .... problem rather than a total fail. Just have to make sure the pin is positioned just right so that it’s far enough in to make contact, but not so far in that it prevents the clutch from working.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Just have to make sure the pin is positioned just right so that it’s far enough in to make contact, but not so far in that it prevents the clutch from working.
Yeah, it's a pretty small "window" there between being too short and too long. Kind of wish they'd made the throw a little bit longer, just so there could be more "wiggle room" in the pin placement, but it is what it is...

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK

My clone Broadside has no such issues. You should be able to screw in and get the bottom pin tight. A loose/spinning pin imo would mean that it needs to go back. Your call of course.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
My clone Broadside has no such issues. You should be able to screw in and get the bottom pin tight. A loose/spinning pin imo would mean that it needs to go back. Your call of course.
Yeah, I think I'm gonna go ahead and do it. A year from now, those three weeks will be long-forgotten, but the loose pin would still bother me...

Reactions: Ben85

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
View attachment 686713

I have that clone this is what mine looks like after I worked on it
0e6df89b6e4b60bcb646b485bdf91cda.heic
7b2d3e40b83b3deeeb2e67a44fc641c0.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread