Amazing and Not So Amazing Mech Mod Clones

Status
Not open for further replies.

nalo_b

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2010
oahu
Used a pliers and squeezed it a little right where the spring comes off the first "O"

Attachments

• IMG_2346.JPG
    IMG_2346.JPG
    167.4 KB · Views: 58

nalo_b

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2010
oahu
XXX has magnets.
No springs.
The 2 Clapton looking springs. He claimed he had crazy arcing and hot button...and that fixed it for him. I would clean out the button for housing and those 2 coils in there first. I don't get hot button but have small arc marks on my battery that wipe off

nalo_b

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2010
oahu
Think that's why they went with the new switch design, like the subzeroX where it always has contact with the battery.

Getting a little more used to using the xxx. Forcing myself to use it while at home. Had to adjust the contact pin so the button is just about flush with the bottom of the tube. Liking it a lot better. Really bummed they screwed up my order I rather have the brass version instead of the copper one. But the copper sure does clean up nicely. Put it in my drill and spun it using 0000 steel wool and takes off the clear coat really quickly

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
Little rant, and why I think most authentic sellers are a bunch of @#$@#$@! And they pretty much deserve what China gives them!

So I spent close to $100 for my authentic moloch, sort of a bargain for a decent little mod with the exception the bottom plate of the mod which holds the battery and cap/slack adjuster had some pretty poorly done threading. I've seen a few others mention they had problems and had it strip out. So I figured I'd contact them and get a spare.

Enter Aletha Escalata of Eldiablo mods, after a month of waiting for a reply, he wants $60 just for DHL shipping plus the cost of the parts. we are talking less than 15 grams of parts. I contacted Mohawk vapor where i bought it immediately upon receipt and he shuffled me off to Aletha This is a big part of the reason why I buy clones more often then not.

So what to do... Pay $60 shipping plus cost of parts

Or buy 3 moloch clones which the parts are close enough to work fine, and use one of them for parts if needed?

Authentic...

SNjR3RS.jpg

Clone....

jUGv59q.jpg

nalo_b

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2010
oahu
Little rant, and why I think most authentic sellers are a bunch of @#$@#$@! And they pretty much deserve what China gives them!

So I spent close to $100 for my authentic moloch, sort of a bargain for a decent little mod with the exception the bottom plate of the mod which holds the battery and cap/slack adjuster had some pretty poorly done threading. I've seen a few others mention they had problems and had it strip out. So I figured I'd contact them and get a spare.

Enter Aletha Escalata of Eldiablo mods, after a month of waiting for a reply, he wants $60 just for DHL shipping plus the cost of the parts. we are talking less than 15 grams of parts. I contacted Mohawk vapor where i bought it immediately upon receipt and he shuffled me off to Aletha This is a big part of the reason why I buy clones more often then not.

So what to do... Pay $60 shipping plus cost of parts

Or buy 3 moloch clones which the parts are close enough to work fine, and use one of them for parts if needed?

Authentic...

SNjR3RS.jpg

Clone....

jUGv59q.jpg

Personally I wouldn't support any company like that. Did you ask if they would ship it through regular post?(I dunno how that works internationally though). I live in Hawaii and had to order a part for a cap hoop for my embroidery machine and it cost like $1 something and they wanted to ship it through ups or something would have cost like $20 but I asked them if they could stick it in an envelope and send it through usps and they did.

By the way what rda is that on the clone? I was thinking about ordering it for the xxx think it would look good together. How do you like it?

Reactions: ccwaters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread