Ammit 25 RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I following for research and development..... Another single coil has piqued my interest as well. The Wotofo SMM.

Speaking of SMM here is a review

spoiler: he rates it better than the ammit 25 and says it is his fave single coil

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
spoiler: he rates it better than the XXXXX and says it is his fave single coil
Boy If I had a nickel for every time I heard that & I didn't end up thinking so!
The Ammit 25 has bottom air flow & a way larger capacity!
I will say he talked me into trying it even thou I said I would pass on it.
I ordered one, I can't say with any certainty now that I will like it more or less than the Ammit 25, but I will see for my self :)

leekeylee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Hull, UK
So I got my Ammit 25 on Friday and have been using it all weekend. Here are my thoughts.

I have had the original Ammit and a few other single coil RTA's over the past few years and they have so far all had issues with leaking juice from the press fit bottoms, no matter how I have been wicking it they have all leaked which I have found frustrating over the years.

So I have up to now been using the OBS Engine Nano with top airflow so no leaking, it has been good and I have enjoyed it but the flavor has not been amazing.

So my normal build for single coil RTA's is 4 times 28g SS 316L twisted. In the OBS Nano I have found that a 2mm inner diameter spaced coils has been the best.

So on to the Ammit 25. First thing I did was change it to the 5ml glass as I cannot be doing with filling it every hour. As the deck on this is quite large I thought I would try a 3.5mm spaced coil on Friday, wicked it as per normal fluffed out the ends and put in the juice cups.

I am a wattage vapour and started off at 35 watts, not bad vape, so I stepped it up to 40 watts and the vape got better, the flavour was nice but not stella. So I used this all night Friday and in to Saturday. It wasn't bad at all.

On Saturday I thought I would try a 3mm contact coil this time. So re-built it and again started at about 35 watts again a good vape, flavour was better. I took it up a notch to 38watts and I am getting now great flavour, anything over 40 watts the flavour drops off but no wicking issues or burning.

I have left it as 3mm contact (4 times 28g SS 316L twisted) and the flavour seems to be getting better and better with each fill of the tank. I wick with Muji cotton and guess what I have had no leaking so far. A little condensation on the top of my mod near the airflow hole but no leaking from the press fit bottom.

I am extremely impressed, the flavour is much better than the OBS nano in my opinion for the way I vape it suits me well. The 5ml tank is great for volume.

The only negative which I believe some of the reviewer's have already mentioned is that you have to make sure that you trim your coil leads so close to the deck otherwise you will get a short when you put the inner chamber back on to the deck.

So for me it is a thumbs up I am impressed with the flavour. As long as we don't get any leaking from the bottom it will be a keeper for me.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
So I got my Ammit 25 on Friday and have been using it all weekend. Here are my thoughts.

I have had the original Ammit and a few other single coil RTA's over the past few years and they have so far all had issues with leaking juice from the press fit bottoms, no matter how I have been wicking it they have all leaked which I have found frustrating over the years.

So I have up to now been using the OBS Engine Nano with top airflow so no leaking, it has been good and I have enjoyed it but the flavor has not been amazing.

So my normal build for single coil RTA's is 4 times 28g SS 316L twisted. In the OBS Nano I have found that a 2mm inner diameter spaced coils has been the best.

So on to the Ammit 25. First thing I did was change it to the 5ml glass as I cannot be doing with filling it every hour. As the deck on this is quite large I thought I would try a 3.5mm spaced coil on Friday, wicked it as per normal fluffed out the ends and put in the juice cups.

I am a wattage vapour and started off at 35 watts, not bad vape, so I stepped it up to 40 watts and the vape got better, the flavour was nice but not stella. So I used this all night Friday and in to Saturday. It wasn't bad at all.

On Saturday I thought I would try a 3mm contact coil this time. So re-built it and again started at about 35 watts again a good vape, flavour was better. I took it up a notch to 38watts and I am getting now great flavour, anything over 40 watts the flavour drops off but no wicking issues or burning.

I have left it as 3mm contact (4 times 28g SS 316L twisted) and the flavour seems to be getting better and better with each fill of the tank. I wick with Muji cotton and guess what I have had no leaking so far. A little condensation on the top of my mod near the airflow hole but no leaking from the press fit bottom.

I am extremely impressed, the flavour is much better than the OBS nano in my opinion for the way I vape it suits me well. The 5ml tank is great for volume.

The only negative which I believe some of the reviewer's have already mentioned is that you have to make sure that you trim your coil leads so close to the deck otherwise you will get a short when you put the inner chamber back on to the deck.

So for me it is a thumbs up I am impressed with the flavour. As long as we don't get any leaking from the bottom it will be a keeper for me.
Very nice ! Glad you're enjoying it! Keep us updated, hopefully no seeping issues.

afreeb

Jun 26, 2017
Been using mine for the whole of this weekend and not a leak in sight... and I've had my fingers burnt with a Kylin so trust me I'm watching closely but not a drop of moisture. the flavour is amazing, great cloud production too - really high build quality as well...just feels like everything is fitting together on it really well - very impressed so far with this one

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Been using mine for the whole of this weekend and not a leak in sight... and I've had my fingers burnt with a Kylin so trust me I'm watching closely but not a drop of moisture. the flavour is amazing, great cloud production too - really high build quality as well...just feels like everything is fitting together on it really well - very impressed so far with this one
That's great! Mine is on it's way & now I feel much better for having ordered it. Yeah the Kylin nightmare on Facebook. Not everyone had issues, but a lot of people did. So happy that your experience with the Ammit is positive! Thanks for sharing!

afreeb

Jun 26, 2017
That's great! Mine is on it's way & now I feel much better for having ordered it. Yeah the Kylin nightmare on Facebook. Not everyone had issues, but a lot of people did. So happy that your experience with the Ammit is positive! Thanks for sharing!
Yeah I had 2 replacement decks from Vandy Vapes but still leaking loads... Shame as I loved the kylin

Reactions: Heartsdelight

Gallant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Dec 4, 2013
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Yeah I had 2 replacement decks from Vandy Vapes but still leaking loads... Shame as I loved the kylin
    Never had an issue with the Kylin even though mine is the first release no leak at all flavour & vapor production are amazing & currently I'm testing it with dual Clapton coils 4mm ID 5 wraps spaced ohming @ 0.237 @ 55 watts
    It shines with 4mm ID

Major911

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 31, 2014
    Grand Island, FL, USA
    First build right out of the box 3mm SS so easy to build and wick running in TC with no problem whatsoever. Fantastic flavor and vapor. It's making me rethink my switch to the OBS engine nanos. I'll put it through the paces over the next week or so and see if it leaks before making any rash decisions but this ammit is definitely a strong contender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2015
    Never had an issue with the Kylin even though mine is the first release no leak at all flavour & vapor production are amazing & currently I'm testing it with dual Clapton coils 4mm ID 5 wraps spaced ohming @ 0.237 @ 55 watts
    It shines with 4mm ID
    You were one of the lucky ones :thumbs:

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2015
    First build right out of the box 3mm SS so easy to build and wick running in TC with no problem whatsoever. Fantastic flavor and vapor. It's making me rethink my switch to the OBS engine nanos. I'll put it through the paces over the next week or so and see if it leaks before making any rash decisions but this ammit is definitely a strong contender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What kind of wire did u use?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread