Amount of nicotine in NJOY 2N1 cartridges???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mynew

Jun 22, 2011
asdf
Hi All,

Was hoping that someone here might know the answer to this. Exactly how much nicotine is in an njoy 2N1 cartridge? I'm trying to use ecigs as a means to quit smoking, and as such I really want to gauge how much nicotine I'm ingesting, but JNOY is making it quite difficult. The cartridges state "% nicotine by volume", but then they don't state how much volume per cartridge. I mean, I suppose I could calculate the volume of the cartridge cylinder itself but I suspect they're talking about some sort of liquid inside the cartridge.

So, if I smoke one "0.6% nicotine by volume" cartridge per day, how much nicotine exactly have I ingested?

Would appreciate any replies. I've also sent njoy customer service an email asking the same question, will post it in this thread if they reply with a straight answer (although at this point I'm a bit doubtful on getting a straight answer from them).

Thanks,
Quitter in Progress

Noodoggy

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Orlando, FL
the percentage is the number of mg per ml. as the previous poaster said .6% is 6mg per ml. AS to exactly how much nicotine you are taking into your body...we havent really gotten definitive answers for that, but from my own experience, I dont thin we get nearly as much nicotine as we do smoking. Maybe as little as one tenth to as much as half I would say. you can also ask my wife back when I first started vaping lol i was a bear the first couple of weeks lol

also njoy has refills at 1.8%(18mg) which is a more realistic amount of nicotine for quitting smoking. i now vape 24mg but have been cutting my liquids to bring it down a little bit to 18 and 12. Good luck and just vape your ash off until you dont want a smoke lol may your vaping be long lasting!

Last edited:

mynew

Jun 22, 2011
asdf
thanks! yes, a quick glance over at wikipedia showed me that the density of nicotine is 1.01g/ml (~= 1kg/L), so that math works out to (% of volume)*10 = mg of nicotine per ml of volume.

And thanks for the info and the encouragement. My plan was to swap out between no nicotine and the 0.6% nicotine cartridges until I can just go with no nicotine (and eventually no cigs, e or otherwise).

My biggest concern is that I might get too much nicotine, thus *increasing* my nicotine addiction rather than decreasing it. Well, I guess I'll just stick to my plan of just smoking the non-nicotine cartridges and swapping in the 0.6 cartridge when I need it

stillalive

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
USA
nicotine isn't really all that bad without the tobacco and smoke and carcinogens. nicotine is not a carcinogen. It works on the body similarly to caffeine, and when you remove the other components in tobacco it's only minimally addictive on its own! However, tobacco products (and the stuff Big Tobacco does to alter the nicotine and tobacco to make it more addictive) can "rewrite" your brain to make you addicted to nicotine, and that will take a while to undo. Most people seem to need a higher level of nicotine the first month or two, after which their brains seem to be ready for them to lower the dosage. :)

Please use as strong a nicotine level as you need to quit. Again, nicotine alone is not necessarily bad for you, so if 6mg just doesn't cut it, please increase your level rather than going back to analogs. Some people like me even use nicotine to help with learning disabilities, health problems, and mental illness. Try not to fret over the nicotine levels right now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread