Travel and Vaping Amtrak responds to vaping inquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

iball

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
The Desert
Although I do agree with you completely, Amtrak is owned and operated by the government, they aren't a private business. I have complete respect for private business' right to control their business environment. But the Libertarian in me wants to argue with Amtrak haha.

The Libertarian in me wants to stop funding Amtrak and/or sell it completely to a private company.

The 12 years I lived in Germany I took trains all the time - especially if I was going to Sachsenhausen in Frankfurt to go drinking that weekend and crash with friends who lived there.
I could walk a block from my apartment in Giessen to the local stop there, switch trains at the Hauptbahnhof in Giessen and take the S6 straight down to Sud-Bahnhof in Frankfurt and walk a block into Sachs with no problems.
In the beginning you could smoke anywhere on the train. Later on they switched it up with every other car being "smoke free". Late at night no one gave a crap where one smoked.

The U.S. does NOT have a viable public rail transportation system that runs nationwide. In NC you really have to drive out of your way to get to an Amtrak station so I never use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread