redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Nice! What metal will these be made of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brass and nickel plated even though the company claims there stainless steel

how far apart are the post set from each other. I was looking at the new phoniex XL hoping the post are farther apart allowing for more creativity with different types of wicks. are these post farther apart than say a regular phoniex?Also is this atty designed for bottom feeders primarily?
I haven't measured in between the posts but there is plenty of room for coil building/

The atomizer is a bauway dripping atomizer modified to work on reos

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Rob, I think you can see that you're going to need to put together quite a few of these. You know you don't DARE just put 30 of them on the site and let us fight it out. It would be a bloodbath!! That is unless you secretly MISS the "Good Ol' Days" of sale nights when everybody was sitting on their F5 keys...and crashing your site....then meeting back here to cry about or brag about the outcome, depending on where they ended up when the bodies were separated. :)

Last edited:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
You dont need a gasket with the atomizer but I always use them . The gasket helps with alining your air inlet were you want it . that extra mm gives you some choice as to were you want the air inlet without wrenching your atty down and compressing your center post gasket in the mod

Thank you for this tip Rob. I just took some from my extra grand caps and put them under each rba. It worked great!

Shot thru cyberspace with my iGun

CATastrophe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
Purradise (NETN)
I was just giving you the battery size so you would know what you have. There is a little difference in the drip well size.

Mini 2.0 18490:
=====
Height: 3-1/8" including catch cup
Width: 1-5/8”
Depth: 7/8”
ID of catch cup: ~35/64"
Weight: 4.9 oz fully loaded
Uses 3ml bottle & 1 AW IMR 18490 Battery

Mini 14500:
=====
Height: 3-1/8" including catch cup
Width: 1-1/2"
Depth: 3/4"
ID of Catch Cup: ~33/64"
Weight: 4.2oz fully loaded
Uses 3ml bottle & 1 AW IMR 14500 Battery

Ah! Thanks, Karen. I didn't know there was a slight difference in diameter between those. I'll keep my fingers crossed then.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
I asked my self the same ? tonight . I milled these down to fit the grand the mini 2.1 and the vv grand I will see if I can make it work with the 2.0 as well .
I would say 3 weeks would be the earliest . Yes these screws are fillips and large enough people wont have a problem with them . The only down side to the atty will be attaching the coil the posts are not tall . I find using longer tails makes it fairly simple

I guess this is another example of why being a metalhead has its advantages. :) Hope you keep us wood folks in mind with the next batch. :)

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
I guess this is another example of why being a metalhead has its advantages. :) Hope you keep us wood folks in mind with the next batch. :)
Gil this atty will fit in your vv woodvil with room to spare . When you sent your mod I put a over size juice well in your mod. I am surprised you didn't notice I even engraved your well just like the one that was on it . This atty should work with most of the larger wood mods . I still have to see how small I can make it

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Definitely like the threaded top vs the press fit. Curious about air hole on body 1/16 ?

Well I guess I need to go flog a cpl of Era's while I can get a premium for them I think these are gonna drive the price down :D
I haven't decided on the air hole yet . I may offer two options

Northernshrink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Bracebridge Ont Canada
I haven't decided on the air hole yet . I may offer two options

That's why your the Modfather :D

Gil this atty will fit in your vv woodvil with room to spare . When you sent your mod I put a over size juice well in your mod. I am surprised you didn't notice I even engraved your well just like the one that was on it . This atty should work with most of the larger wood mods . I still have to see how small I can make it

Again just my :2c: But I think the majority would prefer beefier and solid than taking it down and loosing durability in order to fit mini 14500's. Plus you can always sell more mods that it does fit wel'll call it an upgrade :p Insert greasy salesman shots here.......

Last edited:

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California

Oh no....of course I did and thats why....
robisgreat2.jpg
thanks again. :)

Im surprised you didn't notice in that pic I posted after getting it back with a reomizer in it. ;)
VVTESLANEW.jpg

I was talking about future Woodvils. My Teak has a Hornet that fits but just thinking down the road for the next run. :)

Last edited:

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
That's why your the Modfather :D

Again just my :2c: But I think the majority would prefer beefier and solid than taking it down and loosing durability in order to fit mini 14500's. Plus you can always sell more mods that it does fit wel'll call it an upgrade :p Insert greasy salesman shots here.......
ha ha ha love the greasy salesmen action . I can tell you this atty wont fit a mini I wont even go there

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Oh no....of course I did and thats why....
robisgreat2.jpg
thanks again. :)

Im surprised you didn't notice in that pic I posted after getting it back with a reomizer in it. ;)
VVTESLANEW.jpg

I was talking about future Woodvils. My Teak has a Hornet that fits but just thinking down the road for the next run. :)
I see were talking future woodvils :) hint hint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread