an artisanal version of vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southern California
Luckily, you have a dinosaur roaming these boards who can provide first hand information.
Because after 7.5 years of vaping I STILL drip on a 510 atomizer as my main vape.
That's really cool, DC2, I gotta respect that.

I never was able to get the hang of dripping on a 510 (or a 306, remember those?). It was either dry and tasted like burning metal, or I overdripped and had eliquid all over my hands, my shirt, in my hair.... even with modern drippers, I've always struggled. I figured out I am just a tank guy, and haven't tried to drip in years.

It's funny, my wife (who has never vaped or smoked and know little about either) was reading the news and asks me, "Have you ever heard of 'dripping'?"

Me: "Of course. People have been doing that since the dawn of vaping. I don't do it because I suck at it."

Wife: "Well, this article says that these kids are doing it now and its really dangerous..."

Me (now irritated): "Yeah, that's just typical anti-vaping scare tactics. Stupid mass media crap to scare people."

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I remember the 901 and 801 atomizers well. The "steel wool" was the bridge. It provided a path for the liquid to be drawn from the cartridge to the coil, so in a sense it acted as a kind of wick. There was still a silica wick in the coil itself that was visible after removing the bridge though.
    Haha, I remember trying to pull that silica out while cleaning. Thought it was a fuzzy from my pocket. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread