An Awkward Question......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr8Scott

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2012
Ifaitoldzya, Umytszlapmi
So I have something on my mind and I though I would solicit your thoughts as well.

I have received a lot of support from friends and family about quitting tobacco. Lately the new question has been "So when are you going to wean off of the vaping.

Truthfully, now that I am doing DIY and Rebuildable attys, ( at a net monthly cost of a whopping $7.00), I don't see the pending necessity of quitting, or even titrating my dose down to near zero.

I smoked about two packs a day for 32 years. (Wow, that's over $70,000 at today's prices!)

Anyway, I enjoy the company, Playing with DIY and rebuildable attys. ALOT.

So, simply am I, like ....I am trying to word this correctly:unsure:...

Do you think it's wrong to just integrate vaping into your life without a projected end date?

Okay, so a guy of my age asking this question seems weird I guess, but I'm justing wondering if I am in a strange minority here. :)

Last edited:

Gr8Scott

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2012
Ifaitoldzya, Umytszlapmi

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I'm bringing my nic levels down with every new DIY mix I make, but I have no idea if I'm going to plateau at some point and have trouble going below it.

I'm also not very worried about that. If I do, I stay at the level I'm comfortable with for a while, then try again. And again if necessary after that.

I'd like to hit very low or 0 nic eventually. But even then, I'll hold the habit to avoid changing things all at once. Maybe I'll then quit. Maybe I won't.

Even if I were using a given nic level forever, it wouldn't worry me one thousandth as much as smoking did.

cactus71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2012
NM
I'm just going to let it happen - if it does. I had no intention of quitting smoking after 20+ years, but I tried vaping and liked it more and started at 24mg 3 months ago. A vendor sent a free sample of 12mg with my order and I tried it and didn't notice any difference so I'm going to try out 18mg strength. If it works for me then I'll go with that until the next unintentional step. No timelines or deadlines for me - just enjoying the ride.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have no intention to even think about quitting. I enjoy everything about vaping. Couldn't say that about smoking and always wanted to quit that. Am doing a bit of DIY now. There is always something new to do, unlike when I smoked. Then it was just buy the smokes, burn them and throw the .... away. Now there are toys to play with. Who would want to stop that. :D

onry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
springfield,Illinois
my boss asked me this the other day. even went so far as to ask what the point of it was after i quit smoking,
so i simply told him i enjoy it i enjoy the flavors and it is a hell of alot cheaper than smoking is.well it is cheaper as long as you dont go buying every
mod that comes out :facepalm:. but as of right now i have no desire to stop vaping as long as i enjoy it

Sallana

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
the North Pole
www.lynnekirsch.com
If you're a minority I am right there with you. I have been vaping for 2 years now with no intention of stopping. I started at 24mg and I dropped to 18... so I haven't really put effort into weening either. The only reason I dropped that much was because 24mg actually started to make me a little queasy.

*shrug* I don't see a problem with it. I feel healthy and I smell like cake.

Edit: i guess it's been 3 years? o.0

Time flies when you're having fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread