Not open for further replies.

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
SO I just got back from the local county fair with my wife and step daughter. It was a fun time! Went on rides, ate lots of junk food....you know, all the typical fair stuff..... :)

Well on my way out, I saw a small tent set up that was a makeshift B+M! They had mostly eGo stuff and a few mechanical clones, along with some homemade juices..... I walked in with my Paps V3 Lux in my holster, with a Prometey on top.....The guy who ran the tent had never seen a GP device in person and didn't know what the Prometey was..... Needless to say, he was VERY impressed! I let him hold it and showed him the switch....I think he fell in love as I had to practically pry it out of his hands!! (not really).......he says that he is going to look into getting one ASAP. I told him to look out for the next Vapourday....so I think I just made another GP fan out of him!! :)

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Bonita Springs, Florida, USA
SO I just got back from the local county fair with my wife and step daughter. It was a fun time! Went on rides, ate lots of junk food....you know, all the typical fair stuff..... :)

Well on my way out, I saw a small tent set up that was a makeshift B+M! They had mostly eGo stuff and a few mechanical clones, along with some homemade juices..... I walked in with my Paps V3 Lux in my holster, with a Prometey on top.....The guy who ran the tent had never seen a GP device in person and didn't know what the Prometey was..... Needless to say, he was VERY impressed! I let him hold it and showed him the switch....I think he fell in love as I had to practically pry it out of his hands!! (not really).......he says that he is going to look into getting one ASAP. I told him to look out for the next Vapourday....so I think I just made another GP fan out of him!! :)

Cool! Love fairs! Have not been to one in so long! Happy you had some family fun!

GP makes it so easy! They sell themselves. All we have to do, is let them touch ours. Hugh? :)

Woody7781

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Buffalo,NY

That's awesome bro. I absolutely love going to fairs. We have one locally that's one of the biggest in the country and it's always a priority for me to go. Just something about it. One of the reasons is the junk food lol.
Everyone I've ever showed a Paps to is in complete awe. People who don't vape don't understand the price when they ask what my setup cost. But when I explain how it's made and the materials used they get a little more at ease. I brought my 2.5 and Kayfun Lite into Perfection Vapes one time when buying some juice and the owner's kid was shocked. I haven't ever seen anyone with a high end mod around me. Mostly everyone is in the clone game, usually the nemmys.

faitaccompli

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
Fredericksburg, VA
Sooo... Havent been around a lot. Been busy building a patio. I accidentally dropped my Paps X while out there working, thankfully didnt damage it. So now i have the perfect use for my clone... It's my knock around device lol. Almost done with the patio... Wont be too much longer. Then it is deck time!
se4eze3y.jpg
ugugaqy7.jpg
adadubat.jpg

slyphex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
USA

I have 0 willpower when it comes to vaping gear. I would have bought half their inventory. I stopped at my local B&M because I was nearby.

I didn't want to buy anything... but they just received a batch of authentic 4nine's for a reasonable price and literally the only thing that kept me from buying it right then was the threading (it wouldn't fit my Heron). I don't even want a 4nine......... someone help me.

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Bonita Springs, Florida, USA
I have 0 willpower when it comes to vaping gear. I would have bought half their inventory. I stopped at my local B&M because I was nearby.

I didn't want to buy anything... but they just received a batch of authentic 4nine's for a reasonable price and literally the only thing that kept me from buying it right then was the threading (it wouldn't fit my Heron). I don't even want a 4nine......... someone help me.

In this world of incredibly beautiful vaping treasures, you need an endless supply of dollars and/or willpower. :)

Woody7781

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Buffalo,NY

Although the design is nice, I've heard nothing but bad press about those. Auto firing issues, sparking, magnets too weak, on and on. I would pass on that one.

jrs99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
King George, VA
Recoiled a Heron the other night strictly for a GVC build :)
After seeing you guys talk about higher ohms I figured I'd give it a shot. All my stuff usually sits around 1.0 so this time I went with a twisted build and came out at 1.3. Can't quite remember if it was 30g or 32g
Man, big difference! Been running it on the X and loving it!
Thanks to the 510 I'm sitting here playing with it on a Provari and it's tasting pretty good

Woody7781

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Buffalo,NY
Recoiled a Heron the other night strictly for a GVC build :)
After seeing you guys talk about higher ohms I figured I'd give it a shot. All my stuff usually sits around 1.0 so this time I went with a twisted build and came out at 1.3. Can't quite remember if it was 30g or 32g
Man, big difference! Been running it on the X and loving it!
Thanks to the 510 I'm sitting here playing with it on a Provari and it's tasting pretty good

Damn straight! The people in this thread who vape GVC consistently know their stuff. True addicts around these parts lol. Can't hurt that the genius behind the juice recommends that setup as well. Glad you're enjoying it.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Been using cotton for a while now. From my personal experience, dry hits mean your wick is choked. Try to take a little at a time off the coil and see what happens. I'm not familiar the ody so can't help there. When putting cotton through your coil, you want just the SLIGHTEST but of resistance. If you hold both ends of the wick, and pull the wick side to side, it should move ALMOST freely.
Sometimes it happens when there is too LITTLE cotton as well because the juice isn't contacting the coil as it should. But it may have a slight metallic taste. Getting the cotton density right is key in any atty.

Thank you for your reply, I have a feeling it was the latter, I think I get the metallic taste you mentioned. I had a lot of space between the cotton and the coils. I wicked a few last night using more cotton , but still having some slack. Its much better now.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Well I still won't go with silica but I did build out a genii with it using ceramic. Not too bad, still haven't tried it too much yet.

When you say "ceramic" do you mean the XC-116/ Nextel? It is silica, just a higher temp resistant silica. I tried it but for the price I did not find it any better than Ekowool. If you dont pay the 10.00 a foot then you have to heat treat it in kiln, but who has access to high temp kilns :) I found it also had more of a "taste" than Ekowool. If you want to save money give Ekowool a try, its more expensive than KGD but it can be used over and over at least 5 times and more if you dont vape at ultra low resistances. I used to be able to resuse my Ekowool wicks up to 10 times. Just give it a good torching and its good as new. Plus after the few initial puffs the taste goes very neutral and when you reuse it it is the most neutral taste , even more than cotton.

Woody7781

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Buffalo,NY
Thank you for your reply, I have a feeling it was the latter, I think I get the metallic taste you mentioned. I had a lot of space between the cotton and the coils. I wicked a few last night using more cotton , but still having some slack. Its much better now.

Good to see! It's tough to get it right but once you do it's easier after because you have the amount in mind.

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
GVC junky I am and it in even a Doodlebug genesis just isn't the same.
Anytime with cotton, rayon or the newest fashionable wick in a micro coil Woods is spot on.
A good way to test density for cotton is when a micro, macro or nano coil is wicked, you should actually be able to set the mod on a table and be able to pull the wick back and forth without the mod moving.
The new rayon has a bit more forgiveness as I and many find it to shrink microns with use so I make mine a tad more dense than my KGD and Shesheid builds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread