Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
How does the rayons taste compare to the KGD? Seems every week or so there is some "new" best wick material. I got some of that Pima cotton slick? Someone sent me some and I tried it and did not like it. It seems to actually repel liquid. Then I read you have to wash it....... I want simple...... So far the KGD is simple , but I wish there was more simple:)

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
How does the rayons taste compare to the KGD? Seems every week or so there is some "new" best wick material. I got some of that Pima cotton slick? Someone sent me some and I tried it and did not like it. It seems to actually repel liquid. Then I read you have to wash it....... I want simple...... So far the KGD is simple , but I wish there was more simple:)
The new Rayon, not to be confused with a 70s men's suit is the same idea but a different process.
The rayon that we talk about, I am new to the experience. I've been dabbling for 3 weeks and much of the time is spent getting over the name...seriously. But, I have read every non forum article and feel somewhat at ease of the manufacturing. I won't go into it but basically the materials used are naturally found and extracted then processed into a soft, silky, raw cotton like material.
I frequent another thread with whom I consider to be some of the smartest people in our world and I have much respect. Sedge, Xtreme101 and a local GP or two hang out.
The verdict of many is that it is superior to our organic cotton from flavor to wicking.
My first couple builds failed imo and I was closing the door but, through flavor trials I am now creaking it open day buy day(I have some spare time, lol). I am currently using it with loaded GVC in two different atomizers side by side to cotton builds in 2 other same atomizers. 2 KFs, 2 Spheroids.
I can confirm this so far, the initial wick juicing was faster with rayon, the wicking in general is better with rayon.
Flavor on first few pulls of each...I had no wick with rayon, and ever so slight with cotton,.
That's all I have for now. All 4 builds are 1/16 micro builds at 1.56, apple to apple builds.
I believe the results will vary from atty to atty. I love KGD far more than wicks of past and it will always be a part of my arsenal.
I did not care for rayon, again with GVC in the Chalice II on the reo. I attest the 14 mm tiny combustion chamber may of had something to do with it but can't confirm.

It is a tad easier to wick but, to little to notice or care.

Last edited:

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
omg...this is crazy...
at the checkout and had two options...cancel or review order....pressed review order and got an error...so hit it again and now wait...23 min and still can't checkout...LOL
I was wondering if you were up sis. I was going to text you to get you up!
My review order took a while, got bored and hit shipping quotes....mistake. But, I thankfully paid @ 2:24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread