And now they're coming after drippers.......Monday morning junk science edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    Somehow they go on and on while keeping it mysterious enough it sounds scary instead of simple. "temperature" is the latest scare word, funny my RDA would be considered a chilly vape by most peoples' standards. There is something about not tasting the beginning of a dry hit and it probably isn't as safe as a tank (if really clean vaping) but they'd have to explain it how it works more to actually explain that issue.

Great line: "Aficionados sometimes prefer to bypass the usual battery-operated process and substitute a more hands-on approach" -- what are they doing, winding a crank? I guess vaping would look a lot more healthy if you had to run on a treadmill to power it ;)

Reactions: Eskie

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
    Mar 5, 2015
    Toledo,Oh
    Somehow they go on and on while keeping it mysterious enough it sounds scary instead of simple. "temperature" is the latest scare word, funny my RDA would be considered a chilly vape by most peoples' standards. There is something about not tasting the beginning of a dry hit and it probably isn't as safe as a tank (if really clean vaping) but they'd have to explain it how it works more to actually explain that issue.

Great line: "Aficionados sometimes prefer to bypass the usual battery-operated process and substitute a more hands-on approach" -- what are they doing, winding a crank? I guess vaping would look a lot more healthy if you had to run on a treadmill to power it ;)

The majority of the dl dripper folks are probably around 600 F I would say. 600 F is a perfectly safe temperature to vape at imo. I usually vape around 500 F for dl and 450-480 mtl. A dripper is actually safer imo, I've never gotten a dry hit on my drippers. Think about it for a minute, with a dripper you're, well, dripping liguid directly on the cotton/coil. On a tank you're relying on how good the juice flow is and on some tanks (Griffin I'm looking at you) that's hard to perfect, heck I still have trouble!

The media thinks that more power equals danger, by that logic a Ford F-150 with the ecoboost is more dangerous than a Honda Ridgeline.

Last edited:

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    According to Evolv, who did a lot testing, 600 F is a perfectly safe temperature to vape at
    Actually Brandon from Evolve, said (back in 10/14) that the 600 deg was an arbitrary cutoff they chose, not based on studies. He didn't think anyone would be vapeing at 600, as dry cotton will start to burn around 450.

Last edited:

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
    Mar 5, 2015
    Toledo,Oh
    Actually Brandon from Evolve, said (back in 10/14) that the 600 deg was an arbitrary cutoff they chose, not based on studies. He didn't think anyone would be vapeing at 600, as dry cotton will start to burn around 450.

Thanks for that information I changed my post :). I was going by that video but my memory fooled me.

Do you have a Link to that by any chance?

Because I would be Very Interested to see Exactly what Evolv said about vaping at 600F.

Never mind, I fixed my post it was a mistake.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    The majority of the dl dripper folks are probably around 600 F I would say. 600 F is a perfectly safe temperature to vape at imo. I usually vape around 500 F for dl and 450-480 mtl. A dripper is actually safer imo, I've never gotten a dry hit on my drippers. Think about it for a minute, with a dripper you're, well, dripping liguid directly on the cotton/coil. On a tank you're relying on how good the juice flow is and on some tanks (Griffin I'm looking at you) that's hard to perfect, heck I still have trouble!

The media thinks that more power equals danger, by that logic a Ford F-150 with the ecoboost is more dangerous than a Honda Ridgeline.
    That's why I said "if really clean vaping", I've never been able to get an RTA to work to my satisfaction, don't know if others are less critical or just better. I certainly can't say I've never gotten a dry hit on the RDA though, I often go until it gets a little "woody" tasting and worse, once I even had to seal my atty in a bag to deal with later, smelled like a house burned down.

Don't know my temperatures (mixed feelings on the accuracy of readings when I did use TC although that sounds right). I do know I dial in my sweet spot very carefully in increments of .1 watt.

Reactions: EddieAdams

Lessifer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 5, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    Gotta be pretty close.

The school thinks my youngest is an anomaly. A genius.

Because the education system refuses to evolve to readily available, free to the public and readily accepted by children standards that even youtube provides.

EVERY child could be advanced AT LEAST 2 grade levels prior to leaving grade school EASILY.

Teaching what to think and to the lowest common denominator the least effective way possible leaves no room for enlightenment or eye opening in the curriculum.

Hence abysmal common core standards as a high point goal.

Sigh...

Tapatyped
    I don't know if it's all that much different now than it was 20 years ago. My little one is just starting out, and her school seems to be teaching her critical thinking skills already, along with the basics of letters and numbers. It's not a regular public school though, so maybe that's it.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 22, 2015
    Somewhere in the South
    I don't know if it's all that much different now than it was 20 years ago. My little one is just starting out, and her school seems to be teaching her critical thinking skills already, along with the basics of letters and numbers. It's not a regular public school though, so maybe that's it.
    I ended up pulling mine out of public school, due to the fact common core was holding him back on learning...

beckdg

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 1, 2013
    TN
    My pre-k student is correctly using words such as abate, abscond and hypochondriac in everyday conversation.

He's currently reading, amongst HIS various books, Gut and Psychology Syndrome by Natasha Campbell-McBride.

*By choice.*

He's working on multiplication and division.

The critical thinking and problem solving portion of his brain has recently awakened and BOY does it show.

I stand by my statement with fervor and disgust.

Even private and specialty program schools are failing our children at alarming rates.

To make the best of education it's absolutely imperative to hold the subjects interest and captivate the audience.

With the technology and tools readily available and fairly inexpensive, there's no excuse for a classroom to be mentally sterile as they were when we were students.

A laptop, speakers, 70" mounted flat screen and an Internet connection are magnitudes less expensive and more effective than a years worth of ink, paper and books for an entire classroom.

And can be utilized for an average of 3 to 5 years or more.

Which allows budgeting for more quantity of more quality, interactive teaching tools.

And could facilitate the return of many abandoned school programs such as sports that improve life and school quality and effectiveness of education.

Tapatyped

Last edited:

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 22, 2015
    Somewhere in the South
    My pre-k student is correctly using words such as abate, abscond and hypochondriac in everyday conversation.

He's currently reading, amongst HIS various books, Gut and Psychology Syndrome by Natasha Campbell-McBride.

He's working on multiplication and division.

The critical thinking and problem solving portion of his brain has recently awakened and BOY does it show.

I stand by my statement with fervor and disgust.

Even private and specialty program schools are failing our children at alarming rates.

To make the best of education it's absolutely imperative to hold the subjects interest and captivate the audience.

With the technology and tools readily available and fairly inexpensive, there's no excuse for a classroom to be mentally sterile as they were when we were students.

A laptop, speakers, 70" mounted flat screen and an Internet connection are magnitudes less expensive and more effective than a years worth of ink, paper and books for an entire classroom.

And can be utilized for an average of 3 to 5 years or more.

Which allows budgeting for more quantity of more quality, interactive teaching tools.

And could facilitate the return of many abandoned school programs such as sports that improve life and school quality and effectiveness of education.

Tapatyped
    I agree with you, but some many schools have their hands tied

beckdg

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 1, 2013
    TN
    I agree with you, but some many schools have their hands tied
    And most others are too failing miserably.

And school boards commonly have more liberties than they are willing to admit.

And parents don't know the true potential, the markers to begin each skill set or what's available and effective.

Tapatyped

Verb

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 26, 2014
    Eastern, PA, USA
    Many tax payers have voted in boards that favor liability mitigation over assuming the financial risk associated with proper education. First: keep taxes low, second: keep schools safe, if time and resources are still available after 1 and 2: educate.

Society has one of three choices in dealing with parentless children:
    1) educate and motivate
    2) support indefinitely
    3) incarcerate

One of the three is rediculously cheaper than the other two. No body just says "sorry" to "Daddy, I'm hungry." You do something about it one way or another.

There are some very well educated people that will never learn.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 26, 2013
    God's Country
    Here is a classic example of how an Ivy league education has zero to do with intelligence:

This woman has a million dollar degree from Barnard College in NY (Columbia University) and an anchor job with one of the largest "news orgs" the planet.

She posits the suggestion that global warming affects asteroids.
    :facepalm:

beckdg

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 1, 2013
    TN
    Many tax payers have voted in boards that favor liability mitigation over assuming the financial risk associated with proper education. First: keep taxes low, second: keep schools safe, if time and resources are still available after 1 and 2: educate.

Society has one of three choices in dealing with parentless children:
    1) educate and motivate
    2) support indefinitely
    3) incarcerate

One of the three is rediculously cheaper than the other two. No body just says "sorry" to "Daddy, I'm hungry." You do something about it one way or another.

There are some very well educated people that will never learn.
    All excuses in lieu of solutions.

10 hugs a day can increase focus, intelligence, memory and cognitive function by as much as 20%.

Compound that like interest over the course of a lifetime and what do you get?

This result is afforded by the function of the chemical oxytocin and it's relation with the dopamine receptors.

In other words, keep people complacent, happy, involved and focused for best results.

Use their emotions. Evoke conversation, good relations and emotions.

Science class, for example, should regularly shock, awe and compel students.

Instead, it's commonly the most boring, mundane part of any curriculum.

History should read as a fiction story. Because in reality, it does.

Classes should be encouraged to dress up and reenact the excitement and richness of history. Have fun with it.

Students should know that Benjamin Franklin like whores and bootlegged whiskey.

Make the class laugh and lose control. Then reign them in. ;)

This cannot be accomplished with the mental and emotional traditional environment of teacher plus chalk and blackboard.

We spend 5 minutes a day with my youngest.

And accomplish magnitudes more than his 7 hours in class.

(We're more than 84 times more successful in educating him.)

And most importantly!!! When he loses interest or gets distracted, we're done! No exceptions.

And once education is something most in society yearn for, your options above will narrow.

Tapatyped

beckdg

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 1, 2013
    TN
    Here is a classic example of how an Ivy league education has zero to do with intelligence:

This woman has a million dollar degree from Barnard College in NY (Columbia University) and an anchor job with one of the largest "news orgs" the planet.

She posits the suggestion that global warming affects asteroids.
    :facepalm:

GWB! :facepalm:

Love Bill Nye.

He sometimes hosts Star Talk Radio for Neil deGrasse Tyson.

Tapatyped

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 26, 2013
    God's Country
    GWB! :facepalm:

Love Bill Nye.

He sometimes hosts Star Talk Radio for Neil deGrasse Tyson.

Tapatyped

Bill's expression is priceless.

That's just one example.
    GWB has dozens..lol.
    Graduated from Yale, former CEO and state Governor, in command of the largest nuclear arsenal in histroy, yet cant pronounce the word "nuclear".

Ivy league schools are a fashion statement. Nothing more.
    They are a complete waste of money if someone wants an education.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread