Not open for further replies.

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
Please be aware that there is an unscrupulous webmaster that has been attempting to discredit ECF, Nuvapor and other forums out there that have banned him and blocked his access.

His latest attempt has been to copy ECF signature lines and send emails to people purporting to be from ECF. If you receive an email from someone claiming to be an ECF staffer simply check the email address carefully. if it is not from e-cigarette-forum.com it is not from the staff.

Advanced users can also check the reverse DNS in the message headers.

From this point forward all email communications from me will be PGP signed. I've always included this information in my email signature, but I will post it here.

PGP Key ID: 25FB73DB
Fingerprint: 5B25 D3DE 279F EE44 8A98 5371 290C 2CA7 25FB 73DB

You can download my public key from MIT PGP Key Server

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
Just adding some more information, to put people at ease. He isn't getting the email addresses from ECFs email database, he is simply replying to people that have emailed him or registered on his site.

Right now he has an axe to grind, primarily with ECF because I caught him and got rid of him. But considering this guys actions and history of scummy behavior I suspect that people at NV are also getting these emails.

ETA:
After numerous requests i will put the URL here in a broken fashion, so that you can choose not to go there. Please do not take this as carte blanche to go there and attack the guy because in the end it is simply a waste of everyone's time. To be quite frank -- we as a community are better than that. We can just vote with our feet.

vaper space . com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread