Anodizing to heat treatment. Lets see what colors you fly. Official Pics,Tips,Chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kr3wsk8er

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2014
SB/LA 808-213
Would love to start a official thread to see what your device looks like if you have heat treated, anodized, or done anything to customize color and make it your own. As well as How you did it, or where you got your work done.

Fire Treated K-101, Igo w3 cap.

Fire treated Accents Nemesis clone.

and this is not mine, but oh how I would love it!
Anodized Nemmy clone.

mitchg

Feb 28, 2014
plus.google.com
Well kr3wsk8er, you have inspired me. I anodized a few pieces of stainless and titanium.
ymudugy7.jpg

emyrusaj.jpg

unavahyb.jpg
dyna5are.jpg

The last picture has a normal ss tip to show the color contrast of the gold budah drip tip.

mitchg

Feb 28, 2014
plus.google.com
I have never heard of it either. It was all done with a typical propane soldering torch. Think I might wanna buy a second igo-t. Cause there are some beautiful looking colors coming out of that titanium. Some of the tips I am going to redo. It was experimental and a few could have been taken off about ten seconds earlier. Especially the green and pink tip on the igo-t. I had a solid color pattern and just barely introduced some new colors like the yellowish and copper colors.

Kr3wsk8er

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2014
SB/LA 808-213
Well cheers my man, glad your enjoying it! As do I, its almost as if your painting it and giving it that one of one look that is sure to make heads look again anywhere you go. I have had great luck getting a uniform look and color now, by first baking any piece I want in the oven at 400 degrees for 2.5 hours, and then applying heat via stove/torch and constantly spinning said piece over the flame. Happy vaping and would love to see some more pictures from anyone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread