Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Did you try it out as a morning jump starter?
Yes, first this morning, but I still had the tabaac pod on the juul device and I don't care for that flavor much at all. To be honest, I didn't feel like vaping it much before I grabbed a real device with normal juice in it.

Gonna try again first thing tomorrow morning with the diluted fruut juuce in a real device. I already know I can vape that like I would normally.

Reactions: nicnik

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
After you do your C7H6O2 Mix, and are Ready to Test it, maybe it would be a Good Idea to dial 9 - 1 before you take that 1st Hit. While keeping your Finger over the 1 Key. Ya know... Just in Case.
No worries, I don't live alone. If I keel over, my wife or my daughter will call the coroner for me. :cool:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I was taking small hits with the Juul juice, but after a lot of vaping with my usual juice, I'm estimating it to be about a 120-200mah battery and putting out about 6.5 watts. Hard to tell, though. I only have meters made for vaping gear, so I can only very roughly guess. Even a universal meter wouldn't help. I'm starting to think up a whole lot of questions that I would like to ask the company regarding the Juul, which they probably won't answer, anyway.

It seems to put out about the kind of power I need (very low compared to most vapers in these forums). Very happy with how it hits with my juice, and I'm ok with how long it lasts.

I'm lucky then, been vaping 6.5 since the start of the year. That's 4.3v, not bad like a 3.4v ego.
    Charger looks like it Only works well with a laptop tho. Might have to rig something else up...
    I'd like to be using some WTA anyway for a medical condition and I'd like to be not hitting this PV so often also.
    Not sure they're using the most advanced Auto system tho. Took the suppliers here a long time to get a usable system, and now nobody likes them much anymore.

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 6, 2013
    Fullerton, CA, USA
    OK, got my battery "un-juiced" and now it seems to be working better. I have been trying to finish off the final, mint pod before my new tobacco pods arrive today. I don't like mint flavor, and I never cared for menthol smokes, but there's something about Juul juice that does satisfy. I notice that I am able to comfortably put the device down for a while without feeling a need to chain-vape. I welcome that result.

house mouse

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 24, 2010
    BFE
    I just finished off my first pod. Took a total of 12 hours of vape time. However, I was not using just the JUUL during that time but was also pretty regularly hitting my other devices(though not quite as often).Some thoughts I had after finishing my first pod:

1. If I wanted to use the JUUL alone as my only vape it would easily be a 2 Pod a day habit. Too expensive to consider using as an adv for me but it will be highly useful for situations where extreme stealth is necessary so I'll be keeping it in my rotation.

2. It actually was fairly satisfying but I'm not sure if this is related to their salts or just the fact that it had more nicotine in it than I normally vape. When I get to where I want to play around with refilling it I'll probably mix up a high strength juice and my regular strength juice and compare the level of satisfaction with what I feel the JUUL pods are giving me.

3. It wasn't completely satisfying as evidenced by my continual usage of my other mods along with the JUUL. Although I felt fairly satisfied while using the JUUL it just didn't cut it completely on the inhale feel and would never replace my current setups. A new vaper starting out though might find it quite helpful. It's just been too long since I smoked so I'm not sure if it would have been helpful for me or not when I started.

4. My reaction to the nicotine content surprised me. I was expecting to turn green with usage since I vape 6mg juice. That wasn't the case. I never experienced any symptoms of getting too much nic. No headaches, no nausea, no jitters, no palpitations, nothing.

I'm going to give the battery a good charge and pop a fresh pod in. I'd like to see how long the battery lasts with continual use. I found myself just putting it on the charger when I wanted to put it down, so I don't have a clear idea on battery life at present.

nicnik

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 20, 2015
    Illinois, USA
    Since I've been offered free empty pods, I took apart a pod to see how rewickable it is.

The gold colored contacts at the bottom double as tabs holding the assembly in. I unbent them 'til they were nearly straight and pressed the bottom against a flat surface. That pushed the assembly up part way. Then I pulled on the chimney to remove the assembly completely.

The tabs are strong and could probably take repeated bending and unbending before they'd break. It was pretty easy getting the assembly back in, but after filling, I'm getting leaking that I haven't been able to get under control.

It looks very rewickable to me, but even if I were to be able to do it without the leaking, it's not worth the $4 price of a new pod. That's not a deal breaker for me, because I could probably make a pod last a long time using unflavored nic. The coil and wick have stayed very clean after a some vaping with "Juuce", and a bunch with unflavored juice.

I took some good pics, but they failed the upload on account of being too large. I haven't uploaded any pics to ecf yet, so I'll look up how to do it, then post them.

nicnik

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 20, 2015
    Illinois, USA
    Here are the photos. The blue you see is reflection from the webcam light.

contacts at bottom straghtened:
    straightened contacts.jpg

tank and coil assembly:
    tank and assembly.jpg

coil assembly:
    coil assembly.jpg

view of coil and wick:
    coil and wick.jpg

house mouse

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 24, 2010
    BFE
    Since I've been offered free empty pods, I took apart a pod to see how rewickable it is.

The gold colored contacts at the bottom double as tabs holding the assembly in. I unbent them 'til they were nearly straight and pressed the bottom against a flat surface. That pushed the assembly up part way. Then I pulled on the chimney to remove the assembly completely.

The tabs are strong and could probably take repeated bending and unbending before they'd break. It was pretty easy getting the assembly back in, but after filling, I'm getting leaking that I haven't been able to get under control.

It looks very rewickable to me, but even if I were to be able to do it without the leaking, it's not worth the $4 price of a new pod. That's not a deal breaker for me, because I could probably make a pod last a long time using unflavored nic. The coil and wick have stayed very clean after a some vaping with "Juuce", and a bunch with unflavored juice.

I took some good pics, but they failed the upload on account of being too large. I haven't uploaded any pics to ecf yet, so I'll look up how to do it, then post them.

I've pretty much decided this one isn't going to be worth the effort to rewick for me. I will mess around with it at some point to see if I can figure out a way to stop it leaking when refilled but since this will be just an infrequently used stealth device for me I may just stick with the manufacturers pods for those occasions I'll be using it.

I fully recharged my battery yesterday and put a fresh pod in. I used it off and on along with my regular devices and ended up draining the battery completely in 11 hours. Recharging it took probably around 45 minutes. I meant to time it this morning when I recharged it but plugged it in before I'd had my coffee and didn't remember to do it.

With a fully charged battery and a fresh pod I was able to vape about 1/2 the pod before the battery died. If you're expecting to use a full pod while you're out with it you'll need 2 batteries or have the ability to charge wherever you happen to be.

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    I know I'm nit picking here buuuuuuut, with all the concern about plastic leaching into our liquids and different liquids that melt plastic parts.... Those pods are made of plastic, no?

My brain just can't handle trusting a cigarette company.

Think I'll just quietly watch from over .………………………………………………………………… here

Reactions: Lessifer

DC2

Tootie Puffer
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    With a fully charged battery and a fresh pod I was able to vape about 1/2 the pod before the battery died. If you're expecting to use a full pod while you're out with it you'll need 2 batteries or have the ability to charge wherever you happen to be.
    So given that the pod holds 0.8ml and the battery dies about halfway through...
    The battery might be somewhere in the vicinity of 150mAh.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    So two mornings now, I've woken up to using my PeKo feeder with diluted fruut juuce. Does it hit harder/faster than my regular juices? Yes. Is that effect due to the magic sauce, the nicotine salts? I'm not at all sure of this, because I suspect the dilution I ended up with has a higher nic concentration than the 14-15mg/ml strength I normally normally vape. What I did was to drain 3 pods into a 6 ml bottle and top it off with zero-nic VG/PG mix. I had vaped a bit out of the first pod on the Juul device to begin with, but I don't think it was more than 0.1ml. So nominally, I should have gotten 2.3ml @ 59 mg. Diluted to 6ml, that should have yielded 22.6/ml. Looking at picture of juuce in the bottle before I topped it off with PG/VG though, I doubt I got more than 2ml, maybe as little as 1.8. If I got 2.0, then it's 19.6mg/ml, and if it's 1.8, the it's just under 18 mg/ml.

I think what I should do is to mix up some conventional juice at 18 and 24 mg and compare the effect first thing in the morning. However, I don't want to make large batches at those strengths, so this will have to wait until I get some precision measuring equipment (syringes) which I've now ordered.

Another thing I've noticed: I now have a bruule pod on my Juul device. That's three flavors I've sampled on the device (I haven't tried a miint pod yet), and of course one flavor diluted in a conventional mod. I didn't spot it at first with the tabaac flavor, but all of them have a common flavor note. I'm terrible at describing flavor notes, so I won't even try, but I suspect the commonality in all of them is the taste of the nicotine salt(s). I could probably get used to it, but right now, I'll say I don't care for it much.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    I've done some more pH testing with various juices I have here. The results:

cUzs5k2.jpg

The conventional juices are ALL alkali, with a pH I'd interpret as between 8.0 and 8.5. What I find a bit surprising is that some of these juices are citrus flavored, but there's no correlation between the citrus flavor and less alkalinity. From top to bottom, these are:

Liberty Vapor -- Raspberry Lemonade
    Alice in Vapeland -- Mystic Mandalime
    German Flavors -- Black Currant (~5%)
    Whole Cig - American Cigarette (WTA)
    Alien Visions - Boba's Bounty
    Alice in Vapeland - A Quiet Morning
    Liberty Vapor - Peachez & Cream
    Juul -- Fruut (diluted) -- that one is the clear "flyer" with a pH under 7.0, probably close to 6.5.

nicnik

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 20, 2015
    Illinois, USA
    I know I'm nit picking here buuuuuuut, with all the concern about plastic leaching into our liquids and different liquids that melt plastic parts.... Those pods are made of plastic, no?

Yeah, I don't like plastic. I normally use glass. Main reason is health concerns with any type of plastic. The other reason is taste. I haven't been able to taste the Juul plastic, but after a bunch of refills, the taste of the Juuce will subside, and I might taste plastic. I thought it was plolycarbonate until I felt how soft it is. Not sure what kind.

nicnik

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 20, 2015
    Illinois, USA
    So two mornings now, I've woken up to using my PeKo feeder with diluted fruut juuce. Does it hit harder/faster than my regular juices? Yes. Is that effect due to the magic sauce, the nicotine salts? I'm not at all sure of this, because I suspect the dilution I ended up with has a higher nic concentration than the 14-15mg/ml strength I normally normally vape.

It started to choke me all the time. Even tiny drags that I didn't feel much in my throat were causing my bronchial tubes to rebel against it. I diluted the Juuce, first with VG. Same problem. Diluted to the point of not much throat hit. Same bronchial reaction. Then did the same with PG. Same. Figured it was at least partly from having vaped the Juul juice too much at first. No problems with my usual vape.

Today I can vape the full strength Juul without choking. The throat hit feels lower to me than freebase. I do feel a fast effect, but I'm not enjoying it much. It's mainly a head rush and body tingle. That used to happen to me first drag after not smoking half the day. I vaped it after my breakfast yesterday and the day before. I couldn't really get a good drag without choking that one day, but today I could. I got a similar rush with first couple drags, and it was a stronger rush, much like that supposed carbon monoxide rush used to feel to me. I now have another reason to distrust that that is caused by carbon monoxide.

With freebase, if I let some vapor out of my nose before inhaling it, I get a quick reaction. When I was first vaping, I discovered that that helped me get part of what was missing. I was using an automatic, and that nose thing was how I would do a primer puff. I gradually stopped doing that, except for once in a while, but I needed it at first. Doing that no inhale let out through nose thing using full strength Juul juice, I feel practically nothing. It's intense with freebase. So it seems to me, that like they're supposed to be, nic salts are absorbed by the lungs more than freebase is.

The quick absorbtion doesn't seem like a benefit for me, though it seems to have been when I first quit smoking. Salts obviously weren't necessary for me to quit, though. I think I got rid of that need for quickness a long time ago, but I'm not done experimenting vaping salts. I think I get fast absorbtion with really high nic in freebase form too, though, so I'm not sure it's the salts responsible for that, but the feeling of it being absorbed lower, I'm attributing to the salts. That's what they're supposed to do, if I'm not mistaken. Absorbtion by the lungs is supposed to deliver nic more quickly, but my nose routine feels just as fast, more enjoyable, and no longer needed.

I'm vaping full strength Juul right now and it's starting to choke me again. I'll give the Juul juice a rest for a day or two and try diluting again. I'm not interested in vaping it full strength anymore, and I doubt I'm ever gonna like it diluted, either.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread