Another awesome shipment (with ongoing reviews of the products)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alron

Jul 26, 2009
San Jose, CA
Well, made a nice order on the 16th, arrived today the 21st.

Everything looks to be correct with the stuff shipped too.

Here is a list of what I ordered this time:

3 Black Atomizers, 1 Black JOYE 510 Kit, 3 JOYE 510 USB chargers, 1 manual white 510 battery, a bunch of black round 510 cartridges, another bunch of flat tip white 510 cartridges, 30ml 24mg flue cured tobacco, 30ml 24mg banana, 30ml 24mg red bull, 30ml 24mg camel, 2x 30ml 24mg usa mix, 30ml 24mg RY4, 10ml 24mg Dr. Pepper, and 10ml 24mg coca cola.

As I'm not going to try everything today I will update this thread as I continue to try everything out.

First off, the black atomizers look good, not like the knock offs I've read about. Look to be the same generation (or style) as the previous atomizers I've purchased elsewhere. I'll know pretty soon if they fail quickly, but I have a feeling they will be fine.

The JOYE 510 USB chargers seem to be and behave better than the "universal" usb chargers I picked up elsewhere. I do like the fact that they are a screw in type connection instead of a pressure based connection. The pigtail usb cable is a nice touch as well, makes it a lot easier to find a useful place to plug them in, and reduces the worry that having it dangling off my usb port is going to damage the port or cause a weird intermittent shorting connection. Seem to charge properly too, as expected. The light works exactly like the light on the mains charger that comes with the kits, which is to say it is green when plugged in, turns red during charging, and flashes green to show the charging is still happening. Faster the light flashes, closer to a full charge on the battery. I've already verified that it charges the mega batteries properly.

Cartridges are well... cartridges. The substrate sucks like normal, but that is to be expected. First thing to do with them is replace the substrate with the nice nylon gossamer teabag substrate. This is my first try with the flat tips and I think I like them better. They feel a bit more natural to use and still have the nice bit of protection so that I don't get that excess liquid in my mouth. But only time will show if I like the flat better than the round.

First flavour I've tried out of this batch is the 24mg Flue Cured Tobacco. And let me say, if I'd ordered this the first time I ordered liquid I don't think I'd have ordered many of the tobacco flavours. It is amazing, it also tastes like the default flavour that comes with the 510 kits. It smells and tastes sweet, but not overpoweringly so, and definitely has a nice tobacco edge. This is surely going to be my new default and what I'll be recommending to my new to ecig friends.

We had ordered a 10ml thing of the banana previously so I already know what that is like. It well... smells and tastes like banana, enough so that I bought a 30ml thing of it this time. It mixes well with pretty much any fruit or alcohol flavour I've tried. But banana is good like that.

As I said though, more review to come as the evening and week passes. But in general from everything I have in this order I'd totally recommend Health Cabin to friends and will continue to source my parts and liquids from them.

alron

Jul 26, 2009
San Jose, CA
Well, I've moved on to trying the 24mg Red Bull. First thing I noticed is that it smells remarkably like Red Bull. Like spot on with the Krating Daeng (Thai red bull, not that nasty crap that you find everywhere else these days). Taste is also pretty much Krating Daeng. Over all this is a very pleasant vape experience. I can see this mixing with the alcohol flavours extremely well too.

If you are looking for something that is sweet and smooth to vape with a somewhat unique flavour this stuff is well worth trying. If you are looking for the sourness that you get from the Austrian variant of Red Bull you might be disappointed though as the Thai Krating Daeng is much sweeter and smoother than the Austrian stuff.

(Also, I should mention if you like Red Bull, find yourself some Krating Daeng and have your energy drink world expanded in a non-carbonated way.)

alron

Jul 26, 2009
San Jose, CA
Alron, thank you very much for your review!!! :)

There is still more on the way, I just haven't gotten to the other tasties yet. I will probably also get around to reviewing and posting about all the liquids one of my flatmates ordered from you folks last time too.

I will say though, that I have been pretty impressed with the consistency and reliability of the shipping I've seen from you guys so far. That and I like knowing exactly who is making the liquids I'm vaping, so having the actual brand name and the report of the chemical breakdown of the liquids made me very happy.

alron

Jul 26, 2009
San Jose, CA
Well, I moved on to trying the Dr. Pepper flavour. First thing I noticed is it does smell like a glass of Dr. Pepper, mind you a flat and warm Dr. Pepper. But hey, that is about what it is supposed to be.

This liquid vapes quite nicely and It does actually taste remarkably like Dr. Pepper. This is also an extremely sweet eLiquid. I'm starting to wish I'd gotten 30ml of this instead of the 10ml. This juice is going to go pretty quick I think. It hit the sweet spot on my tongue like a tasty nicotine laden brick of goodness, and doesn't leave a bad aftertaste either. It doesn't hit my throat too hard as well, which is good.

Overall, impressive and tasty. Almost sweet enough to appease my sweet tooth. :)

alron

Jul 26, 2009
San Jose, CA
Yep, I decided to load another cartridge. This time I tried the Coca Cola.

First off, the smell test. I can't really say this screamed Cola at me. I got a faint smell of something vaguely cola, but nothing major. I can live with that, as smell isn't what I'm in this for.

Taste, well, it sort of tastes like a cola. Not as major of a soda flavor as say the Dr. Pepper was, but its there. This is not as sweet as I was expecting, it is sweet but not heavily so. It is pleasant at least, which is good. I'm not sure I'd be terribly interested in buying much more of this, but maybe my opinion will change after I mix it with rum for the empirical rum and coke test.
One really good thing about this liquid so far is the fact it doesn't hit the throat as harsh as some liquids I've tried.

Over all, its good, but not exactly to my liking. I would recommend anyone who is going to try this to get the 10ml bottle before diving in on a 30ml not because it is bad, but because it might not be what they are expecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread