Another B&M rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Libbydude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
Idaho
I stopped in to check out the latest batch of clones. The kid (relatively speaking) behind the counter was using a device I have been interested in so I asked if I could take a look at it.

He obliged, and even offered to let me take a toot. This was after I had already saw another person use it and the owner of the device had a generous distribution of open and scabbed, well-picked sores in the mouth hole vicinity.

I took the time to educate everyone in ear shot as politely and clearly as possible.

The shop owner got to hear part and even offered me a derringer clone to build on so I could try out the device. Nice sentiment, but open package so no assurances that it already hadn't been used.

I don't expect much, just a little common sense.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I stopped in to check out the latest batch of clones. The kid (relatively speaking) behind the counter was using a device I have been interested in so I asked if I could take a look at it.

He obliged, and even offered to let me take a toot. This was after I had already saw another person use it and the owner of the device had a generous distribution of open and scabbed, well-picked sores in the mouth hole vicinity.

I took the time to educate everyone in ear shot as politely and clearly as possible.

The shop owner got to hear part and even offered me a derringer clone to build on so I could try out the device. Nice sentiment, but open package so no assurances that it already hadn't been used.

I don't expect much, just a little common sense.

Happens a lot more than you would think.
That lack of hygiene, forethought, and blatant ignorance of safety pretty much needed my working relationships with 4 local vape stores.

Reactions: Jenn1181

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Gross! Some people need an introductory course in health and hygiene. It's idiots like that give vaping bad publicity. Can you imagine someone who walks into that vape shop for the first time? :w00t:

This dude with sores in and around his mouth hole is probably mixing their store branded juices in the back room too! :eek:

Libbydude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
Idaho
Gross! Some people need an introductory course in health and hygiene. It's idiots like that give vaping bad publicity. Can you imagine someone who walks into that vape shop for the first time? :w00t:

This dude with sores in and around his mouth hole is probably mixing their store branded juices in the back room too! :eek:
Lol. No mixing.... I asked. They don't mix their own.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Lol. No mixing.... I asked. They don't mix their own.

Well that's good to know! o_O

Let's just hope they never get the bright idea to broaden their horizon and start dabbling into mixing. Might cause a herpes epidemic. :evil:

Danbrooks2k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Pensacola, Florida
I swear off B&M shops, but occasionally drift back into one for a dose of reality. The subox mini kit for 115$... really? Sampling juice through a CE4 on an ego battery.... really?

I referred a friend to a B&M for a subtank mini and an istick 50 watt, I even had it written down. They sent him home with an MVP2 and some goofy big version of a kanger evod. I know those MVPs have been sitting in the display case for a year... must have been nice to find a sucker to pawn one off on.

MY GF started DIY juice. I get crazy deals on the trade forums... crazy good deals.

2 istick 50s and 2 complete subox kits for under 100$
MVP pro 60 watts in the box 30$
Innoking disrupters in the box with two powercells 30$
5 sub ohm tanks and 81 various coils including 25 Ni200 subtank coils for 70$
5 bottles of frankenvape 40$ shipped

I just cant think of one single good reason to visit a B&M shop. I bring extra juice, mods and tanks with me offshore and come back with a pocket full of money. The guys I sell to always get top notch stuff and very fair prices and since I am the medic on board I am always there to fix, rewick, and troubleshoot things. I run the best shop in a 100 mile radius... lol.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Drip tips! :D That's the only thing that ever gets me into a vape shop anymore.

Andria

That's about it for me too. I have a couple friends who work in local shops. I'll stop in for a visit, once in a while, and maybe buy a drip tip or two. Otherwise, none of them sell anything I use.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I'm all for making a buck, and as a retired business owner I understand overhead and expenses.
But a 1000% + markup is just taking advantage of new vapers.
It's not on the customer to pay for bad business planning.
I worked with several local shops (repairing damaged mods) until the ignorance of basic safety, lack of ethics, and blatant overcharging caused me to walk away.
My integrity isn't for sale at any price.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I swear off B&M shops, but occasionally drift back into one for a dose of reality. The subox mini kit for 115$... really? Sampling juice through a CE4 on an ego battery.... really?

I referred a friend to a B&M for a subtank mini and an istick 50 watt, I even had it written down. They sent him home with an MVP2 and some goofy big version of a kanger evod. I know those MVPs have been sitting in the display case for a year... must have been nice to find a sucker to pawn one off on.

MY GF started DIY juice. I get crazy deals on the trade forums... crazy good deals.

2 istick 50s and 2 complete subox kits for under 100$
MVP pro 60 watts in the box 30$
Innoking disrupters in the box with two powercells 30$
5 sub ohm tanks and 81 various coils including 25 Ni200 subtank coils for 70$
5 bottles of frankenvape 40$ shipped

I just cant think of one single good reason to visit a B&M shop. I bring extra juice, mods and tanks with me offshore and come back with a pocket full of money. The guys I sell to always get top notch stuff and very fair prices and since I am the medic on board I am always there to fix, rewick, and troubleshoot things. I run the best shop in a 100 mile radius... lol.
and plus you have a captive customer base ;)

Wissel Joe

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2015
Medina, Ohio
The B&M by me is great its a brother and sister that own it and they are the nicest people, I havnt been in there for a awhile been diy'ing my juice but i decided to go buy a few bottles and they thanked me for coming back and doing business with them and gave me half off on the juice i bought.

Jenn1181

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2010
NW GA
One of our local B&M vape shops is like that. They get really pushy wanting you to take a toot off their mod, and they never even request you use your own drip tip. I asked the guy one time, "what if I had herpes?". He was like, "it's alright. I don't care." Gross. They're also real knobs about how if you aren't cloud chasing, you're an idiot. They're always like, "yeah, man, we're blowing at 200 watts with like fifty wraps on the RDA running straight VG". Whenever you mention you just want something that's like 50 watts or lower they look at you funny. There's another local shop that's a little better. More sanitary, but it's hit or miss whether or not you'll get a friendly employee. A couple of the people who work there are real jerks, but others are super friendly and helpful.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
One of our local B&M vape shops is like that. They get really pushy wanting you to take a toot off their mod, and they never even request you use your own drip tip. I asked the guy one time, "what if I had herpes?". He was like, "it's alright. I don't care." Gross. They're also real knobs about how if you aren't cloud chasing, you're an idiot. They're always like, "yeah, man, we're blowing at 200 watts with like fifty wraps on the RDA running straight VG". Whenever you mention you just want something that's like 50 watts or lower they look at you funny. There's another local shop that's a little better. More sanitary, but it's hit or miss whether or not you'll get a friendly employee. A couple of the people who work there are real jerks, but others are super friendly and helpful.

Anyone who says "I don't care" about herpes, already has it. :D

Andria

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
It's so funny. I live in a small town in PA. I would read these threads about vape shops and be so envious! I wanted to go to one so badly! The years passed, I would keep reading insane with jealousy! Wishing beyond hope we would get one anywhere near here. And then, overnight, I can't even believe I'm typing this, but they sprang up like weeds! You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a vape shop! I finally got to visit one...I'm done :( Some dreams are best unrealized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread