Another 'coils not lasting' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Thanks everyone. Still debating if I want to jump in. A lot to learn.

It appears an RTA is the way to go. I've been reading the OBS Engine Nano thread.

(@Cosmic_Glaze The 'mesh' description/idea seems very appealing!)
The Engine Nano is a very easy rta to work with if it's gonna be your first one. Single coil, top airflow prevents it from leaking. You can get a tighter air flow on it if you almost close it off. Plus it does not whistle when you do like a lot of tanks. (Just checked) 5ml juice compasity you won't be filling it all the time.

Reactions: Eskie

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have the coilmaster V3, I think it is. Every tool you need will be in there including a supply of kanthal wire, some cotton, but all the tools including an ohms meter. I got mine from Amazon, and it wasn't crazy expensive. I'd check out the various coilmaster kits online and see what you like the look of, and pricing. You should be able to pick something up that will have all the tools needed and then some. Though I did use MANY of the pieces of the kit to build my own coil, and I like having the ohms reader as well.

Good luck! It's not so hard once you get going, it's just kind of intimidating at first, but I had O knowledge of even how to wrap wire... So... Videos on line may help, there are some good coilmaster demonstration videos to be watched... :)

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
There are some good options out there for TC. A lot of it is going to depend on what price point you want. Since you are a MTL vaper, you don't necessarily need a 2 battery external mod, although some people (like m'self) enjoy the longer battery life, etc. That being said if you prefer a stick mod with USB charging mode I think there are some out there that would suit your needs. Do you want something heavier or lighter? Also I'd check out the forum for APV mods where you could post this question along with your "requirements" as it were and I'm sure you'd get lots of suggestions, or you could just read up on some of the more popular TC mods.

Good luck! I think you will enjoy the Engine and coilbuilding :)

Anna

Reactions: NicotineRush

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The Engine series is great. Easy to build, easy to wick, and no worries about leaking. Getting down the whole building your own thing is pretty easy after you do it a few times. I would suggest 316L SS to build with as it works for both temp control and wattage mode. I wouldn't jump straight into temp control until you have your basics down. The advantage of building with SS now are you can use them for TC down the road, and not end up with a bunch of Kanthal wire that's for wattage only, and SS is as easy to work with.

I would not tackle building your own with Ni or Ti, both of which are for TC use only, and have a few complexities for building with.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
After I was sure I'd stick with vaping I was still certain of two things. No rebuilding or mixing for me! I was dead wrong about both. The first build was the end of any interest in pre made coils. The first batch of DIY was the end of any interest in pre mix. There are enough different reasons that it's hard to explain and I'm not sure I'd think of everything and put them in their order of importance. It helps that I don't want a complicated vape. I mix only one flavor and in a very low percent. I rebuild with on coil, the same every time on the same atomizer fired by the same mod. All that means that mixing and rebuilding and fiddling in general are very minimal and so inexpensive it's better to just say vaping is free. I use TC because it makes full time use of an rda much more practical. I take a few puffs a week on my old Nautilus mini which uses the identical power settings except no temp control.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
My suggestions.
Invest some money in a Kayfun mini, authentic. (It is a pressure-controlled tank, it requires a very tight manufacturing tolerance, usually not featured in clones), and use kanthal wire and a rayon wick.
If you desire to keep using pre-made coils, buy them from a very reputable online seller, without going for the lowest price: possibly, you will note a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread