Status
Not open for further replies.

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Definitely battery and remnants of a copper tube mech. (Err...wrong. All battery)

Personally think is irresponsible on both the user's and local vape shop's part. Someone who needs help maintaining their mod should not be using a mechanical nor possibly a hybrid mechanical. Clearly doesn't have the know-how, do's and don'ts to be using one.

A shop maintaining a mech for a clearly uneducated user, hence needing help maintaining his mod, is really irresponsible.

Couple years ago ran into a highschool friend. He lives in MD now. He was vaping a mech with a SS cable wicked genny on top. Advanced user right? Always nice finding someone that actually knows what you're talking about. Talked a bit. Kind of "yes'd"me. I still use my gennys at home. Saw him again that same weekend using a basic setup and I asked what happened? Said he needed to bring it back to his local vape shop to have the guy set it up again.

I just shook my head. Explained to him that you really need to know what you're doing with a setup like that. Blah, blah.....

FDA BOC

Last edited:

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
"The father of three was rushed to intensive care at his local hospital, where doctors had to remove chunks of plastic from his throat and lips, according to Yahoo". If this is true, it doesn't sound like a mech.

While I agree that it's good to talk about, these threads don't usually go well. Maybe this one will be better.

I don't think it's a copper mod, there's material that looks almost powdered. It looks more like plastic to me.

Post from the guys Facebook page:
"So haven't made it back home yet, still in the hospital but for those requesting the mod and pictures here you are. Tell me for those that still think it's fake I would love to get your professional take now. Also I apologize I had a good amount of pain killers in me the last two days. I had my twisted rda on at the time and was using my brown LG HG2s g for my battery, just pulled off charger and these pics are from my bathroom where it exploded. The torch marks are on the wall and roof are continuations from my face. Also the explosion downward broke my sink. I'm interested in the same comments from certain people to see what kind words you have to say now. Thanks again for your patience and again, not against vaping 100%, just letting you know this is clearly a possibility. Thank you!"

Found this on gizmodo. He also said the shop put it together for him.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Post from the guys Facebook page:
"So haven't made it back home yet, still in the hospital but for those requesting the mod and pictures here you are. Tell me for those that still think it's fake I would love to get your professional take now. Also I apologize I had a good amount of pain killers in me the last two days. I had my twisted rda on at the time and was using my brown LG HG2s g for my battery, just pulled off charger and these pics are from my bathroom where it exploded. The torch marks are on the wall and roof are continuations from my face. Also the explosion downward broke my sink. I'm interested in the same comments from certain people to see what kind words you have to say now. Thanks again for your patience and again, not against vaping 100%, just letting you know this is clearly a possibility. Thank you!"

Found this on gizmodo. He also said the shop put it together for him.
Is it just me or did he not say what mod it was? Twisted RDA might be a twisted messes rda.

Is it just me or did he not say what mod it was? Twisted RDA might be a twisted messes rda.

Not that I saw. One comment said some of the guys posts had been deleted. Here's a pic though. Shouldn't this be in pieces too?
15965913_10100193716492908_8150426863441880866_n.jpg

Reactions: Lessifer

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Not that I saw. One comment said some of the guys posts had been deleted. Here's a pic though. Shouldn't this be in pieces too?
15965913_10100193716492908_8150426863441880866_n.jpg
The rda wouldn't necessarily be damaged, other than where it slammed into his face. Unfortunately it's near impossible to know what happened, even less so without all of the relevant info. Could have been a faulty and/or fake battery. Could have been a torn wrapper. Could have been something wrong with the mod causing a short. Maybe there was a short in the build. Maybe the battery was in backward. We'll likely never know.

Reactions: KentA

wvloony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2015
Ok, i have to put in this thread what has been found out thru others messaging the person. He was running 20 amp batteries in the mech mod which he clearly had no idea on how to handle safely. Untill last year he was always going to his vape shop and they were putting coils in for him. Now after the rules change he did learn to build, but had no idea about ohms law. His build at the time of the explosion was .06 ohm. So this was a disaster that was gonna happen

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
The copper on the left appears to be what's left of the battery.
That appears to be copper foil not, tubing. The object on the right
is unidentifiable. Copper tube would split and blow outward along
the direction of the rupture not,balled up like a crumpled piece of
paper.
Regards
Mike
PS. On second thought the object on the right is the battery casing.
The copper foil wrapped inside blew out he top like a party favor.
You can see the electrolytic insulation. That's the black burnt stuff
that separates and insulates the copper. The copper foil acts as the
plates. The more plates the more cells the battery has.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed_C

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
Ok, i have to put in this thread what has been found out thru others messaging the person. He was running 20 amp batteries in the mech mod which he clearly had no idea on how to handle safely. Untill last year he was always going to his vape shop and they were putting coils in for him. Now after the rules change he did learn to build, but had no idea about ohms law. His build at the time of the explosion was .06 ohm. So this was a disaster that was gonna happen

.06 ohms on a "possible" one battery mod...!

Sounds like another Darwin Award winner to me...

Sad.

wvloony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2015
Hes from Oregon, but lives in idaho. There were so many inconsistencies to his story, and some out right fabrications that its almost impossible to believe. In his original post he actually suggests to people to find another way to smoke....wtf, we dont smoke....so that one statement almost makes me think its all bs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread