Another Explosion in Idaho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buster282

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
FL USA
This made it to fox news tonight with the only angle being how dangerous e-cigs are, according to the comentator. One guy out of three did mention posible user error, one hopeful blip in an otherwise dire report. Myself and the majority of people here know that mechanical mods can be dangerous and should be used with care and caution. How could we get that knowledge out to others?
If the guy was at .06 ohms.. My God! That might as well be a dead short!! Duh..

Reactions: KentA

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
I know that I'm not careful enough yet and need more knowledge before moving to a mech mod. Some people need to use that thing between the ears

sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using MOAR 2.1b ROM running tapatalk
One thing I wish more people knew is that there is no rule that says a mech must be run at super low ohms. On the rare occasions I hand my one ohm rig to some studly young fella it knocks them on their can.

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
One way is if the the news media took 10-15 seconds explaining why it happened, rather than just a fear mongering report.
That would require being a reporter and getting facts. Today's media doesn't care about facts, just a story usually with an agenda.....if the facts are different then the original story they might include a small edit at a later date after their initial story has become the "facts".......and most sheople take the initial story at its face value

FDA BOC

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
This guy is a glutton for punishment because he is getting blasted on his own posts and on every other post with his picture. Facts are changing all the time though and some people have screen shots of some of the original posts. The biggest consensus is to stop sharing and publicizing it even more. <--- AGREED

wvloony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2015
He does need to stop. He made a fool of himself to the vaping community, but sadly those against us are using him as a rally cry, and the dont know the true facts of the situation nor do they care. His screw up fits and feeds their narrative and thats all that matters to them

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Reactions: SteveS45

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
He does need to stop. He made a fool of himself to the vaping community, but sadly those against us are using him as a rally cry, and the dont know the true facts of the situation nor do they care. His screw up fits and feeds their narrative and thats all that matters to them

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

What is worse is all the others sharing it and keeping it going. Some of the admins are calling for it to stop and not repost it if they want take a screen shot because it had already gone viral.

Epsilonsama

Dec 26, 2016
Apparently he also used a towel to vape because of how hot the mech mod was.

Guys never EVER use a towel or any sort of insulation to hold a mod. If it gets too hot too hold take a damn break. The mod getting hot is a sign something might be wrong. The reason you don't use insulators is that you want to know how hot the mod is.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Some may remember "Rag Man" for years gone Past.

Rag_Man.png

Reactions: Rossum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread