Nov 12, 2013
Union City, California

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
How do we get this at the top page of ECF so that every member sees this?

If each and every vaper gave up 1 Bottle of premium e-juice , and donates that value this would certainly help the cause with some quality Attorney time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe @sonicdsl will see this and suggest it to admin....

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Maybe @sonicdsl will see this and suggest it to admin....
I think it's important that it gets highlighted to the forum in general. I've pinged @Oliver on it to get his thoughts. He is traveling currently, so I'm not sure how quickly we'll get a response. :)

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
And @KODIAK (TM)

Got a reply from Azim today. Thanked me... Basically ...funds received by the Right to be Smoke Free Coalition are being directed toward the FDA lawsuit. Click on "Fight the FDA Deeming Regulations" box. While that coalition has other issues with Indiana specifically, that's a separate deal. Azim also suggests anything 4 figures should be done by check rather than paypal, where they'd have to use some to pay paypal.... but just a suggestion. :)

Ended up having to go through paypal because for some reason, using the cc that paypal uses was not accepted by the site??

Anyway, 'donated' to the cause!! :- )

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Would this be seen as a positive?

Responses are 'mixed'. Real basically - Pros are it can speed up a trial, coordination and less expense. Cons - a strong case can be drawn down by a weaker case, but there can be separate judgments as well.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Last edited:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Last edited by a moderator:

OldBatty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
North Georgia USA
Last edited by a moderator:

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
Interesting development on the lawsuits...

(In case you have Twitter blocked, it says that the DC Circuit Judge has issued an order to consolidate the Nicopure and Right to be Smoke-Free cases).
Yes, interesting. Not sure how this plays out. I see pros and cons. Hate to put all the eggs into one basket

furthermore...

If Judge Jackson will by trying this case it should be noted she's an Obama appointee. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: sonicdsl

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
If Judge Jackson will by trying this case it should be noted she's an Obama appointee. :(

She's also the judge that told the Administration to go pound sand when they tried to use executive privilege regarding Fast and Furious. She may be an Obama appointee, but she doesn't roll over and play dead whenever the administration tries to force the issue.

Buster282

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
FL USA
In the video on 1st page, Azim mentions that the 2 cases could be merged. I gathered its a positive thing. He said they both could support the case financaly. He also talked about how having a lot of business involed in the case makes a bigger impression on the judge as it shows the full industry being effected by the regs, I/e the more stakeholders the better.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
They can also divide and conquer regarding asset allocation. More to choose from regarding who has the best legal minds & resources to put forward any given argument(s). As both law suits were presenting several similar points in their complaints, only the very best people chosen between the two firms need to go forward on specific points.

OldBatty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
North Georgia USA
Not sure what you mean by 'wrong description'. The title is what is at the link. Azim's tweet isn't linked but that's where I got the seminar link.

The link goes to, "https://www(dot)perrinconferences.com/html/Upcoming_Events/e-cigarette_deeming_regulations.shtml" but the text description I see is "Perrin Conferences - Flint Water Crisis: Get in the Know about Lead Poisoning and How It’s Litigated Webinar" Had to switch to a text only view to even copy it...

Sorry, it just seemed confusing to me. Others who do not know how to 'hover' links might not even bother to read since it looks off topic.

Reactions: Kent C

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Seminar July 14th from a tweet from Azim Chowdhury:

E-cigarette Deeming Regulations: Don’t get left behind
Perrin Conferences - E-CIGARETTE DEEMING REGULATIONS: DON’T GET LEFT BEHIND

Hopefully it will be online audio....

Did you paste in the wrong description? Link seems correct...

The link goes to, "https://www(dot)perrinconferences.com/html/Upcoming_Events/e-cigarette_deeming_regulations.shtml" but the text description I see is "Perrin Conferences - Flint Water Crisis: Get in the Know about Lead Poisoning and How It’s Litigated Webinar" Had to switch to a text only view to even copy it...

Sorry, it just seemed confusing to me. Others who do not know how to 'hover' links might not even bother to read since it looks off topic.
The problem was in the title the web developer assigned to the page. When you post a link here, by default, it grabs the title on the webpage for text. I went back up and edited the links at the code level in the previous posts to reduce any confusion. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread