Another person behind on the times and in need of help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

subversive

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
United States
vaping has gotten bizarre.

I have been using what simply works for a long time. For me, that's been cartotanks and basic 18650 VV tube devices and Boge standard resistance cartos @ 4.8 -5 volts. Prepunched standard resistance cartos have been increasingly hard to find. I ordered my last batch from China quite a while ago. They're just about gone.

I figured I would buy a new mod soon, but now it needs to be super soon because the threads on my Smoktech SID have finally become stripped after 2+ years of wear and tear. It may have gone longer, but I think it was tired of being dropped onto hard surfaces and having cartos forcibly yanked from their position. ;) Not bad for $40, though.

I was checking out the Innokin iTaste MVP 3.0 Pro. Stainless steel threads sound nice. Spring loaded center pin does not - I had a mod once that became fried from leaking juice. I have a number of 2200mah button & flat top 18650s, but integrated batteries aren't a huge deal since my 18650s aren't exactly brand new.

I've tried a few clearos, including one that was supposedly one of the latest and greatest from Kanger (at least at the time), and I ran into the same wicking problems I always have with them. I use 100% PG. I am a chain vaper.

All this "big clouds" stuff going on in the vendor descriptions is just....silly to me. To each his own and all. I just want to happily not smoke cigarettes. I don't want to fuss with things. I want to throw in my battery, fill my tank, and have consistency. Changing my carto once every week or two is about it for me.

Where do you people get your (punched) cartos? Besides Healthcabin? I stocked up on DIY stuff and hardware a couple of years ago, and while I've been getting promotional emails from vendors all of this time, I haven't bought anything since. The sites have really changed.

I just need VV, some steel parts, 510 threading/eGo ring, plain old plastic 6ml carto tanks, single coil pre-punched cartos for those tanks (or a punch and cartos of the proper length in the worst case scenario), and the battery life I am used to already. Oh, and a drip tip or two. What vendors should I be looking into? Is one stop shopping possible?

skiball

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2016
I'm a fan of mod's with interchangeable batteries. The good news is there's alot out right now. Alot of people agree that the best avil is the evic-vtc. Now it's got alot of options that you prob will never use but it would be the same price as any other hi quality vw mod. If thats really not your thing than maybe an istick 50w. It has an internal battery and is very simple. Also a tank you might enjoy for mtl would be the gs air tank 2. My fav vendors are fasttech and efun.top.

zeus01

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
manila
well if you dont mind waiting (like a few weeks to possibly a month)

fast tech still has cartomizers,not sure of the quality thou if its as good as we remember them
please make sure they have the words in stock cause if not..well its a longer wait

$8.42 Pre-Punched 510 Tank Cartomizers (10-Pack) 10-pack - 2.2ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

thou personally,id sould liek to suade you for the newer tanks with replaceable coils,if you still dont want to build them yourself

as for the mod,there are tons out there that will surely fit your need

subversive

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
United States
WP_20160123_004.jpg I'm all taken care of. I went with the Provari that I mentioned above, the wrap, the charger, and a battery from Provape as well as some o-rings, a new drip tip, a new carto tank, and some of my beloved, old-fashioned ;) XL SR punched Boge cartos from Surevapes. With shipping, it was less than $105 for everything. Maybe I'll make another one of these threads in two more years. LOL.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Subversive, you'll like the Provari. My Provari V2 is still going strong after 4 years of use. I've used a barrel of Boge and Smoktech cartos over the years and still pull one out here and there to reminisce. I never like carto tanks with their upper and lower rubber seals that always seemed to slip around.

I'd second the motion for changing to a 3ml or 4ml rebuildable tank atomizer. I build a coil every 2 or three months and dry burn it during a wick change about twice a week. Once you do it a couple of times you get faster at coiling and wicking and the taste beats a Boge Carto. You don't have to worry about carto tanks slipping and leaking in you pocket.

Just for the heck of it, try the Lemo tank. It's about the cost of 4 packs of cartos, but will deliver flavor and vapor for years. If you like really free flow lung inhaling, there's the Lemo 2 with the adjustable air flow that goes from almost nothing to full on lung hits. It fills from the top through a fill port that requires no tools. You can find them for around $25.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread