Another Provi Birthday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
Congrats on the PV birth day! It's amazing how this journey has brought so many people together that would have never met otherwise.

In two days, I celebrate my 6 year vape-versary... 8/13/2009... The time has really flown! On December 25, I celebrate 5 years with my first ProVari, (12-25-2010) which I still have, it's still working, and it's still an amazing vape... My passion for all things ProVape has led to an idiotic collection of amazing PVs, and great business relationship with ProVape and I hope someday to be as good as they are at what I do.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Thank you, @Zen~ , and a huge congratulations to YOU! Another "13th" for the collection, I see. You're in excellent company too, just by the way.

And on the other issue you mention, you already are, Sir. You already are. :toast:

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Congrats on the PV birth day! It's amazing how this journey has brought so many people together that would have never met otherwise.

In two days, I celebrate my 6 year vape-versary... 8/13/2009... The time has really flown! On December 25, I celebrate 5 years with my first ProVari, (12-25-2010) which I still have, it's still working, and it's still an amazing vape... My passion for all things ProVape has led to an idiotic collection of amazing PVs, and great business relationship with ProVape and I hope someday to be as good as they are at what I do.

WOW, Mr Zen! 6 years is an amazing, awesome, wonderful accomplishment! You had to have started vaping when the industry was truly underground when not many even knew what vaping was. I'm only halfway as far along as you, but I look forward to my 6 year vapeversary and then some!!

Congratulations again!

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
You had to have started vaping when the industry was truly underground when not many even knew what vaping was.

When I started vaping, a co-worker/friend and I searched high and low for a place to buy an eCig in the city of Rochester... After two weeks of searching we found them at a smoke shop. My first was an 801, and at that time, it was absolutely impossible to buy a bottle of e-liquid in Rochester, Available Online only...

For the next year I didn't meet another person that vaped... not one. I was already modding because the performance of that 801 was horrible... so I improved it.

One Saturday afternoon in September of 2010, I did a google search for E-liquid Rochester and spotted a post on ECF discussing a meetup of western NY vapers that was taking place at a bar about 20 minutes from my house... I dropped everything and went, they mentioned in that group that they would have samples of E-liquid from several vendors to try. Prior to that, I didn't know ECF existed... I joined that day.

My world changed that day. I met about a dozen other vapers, most of whom have become close friends. One that I met is now the supervisor of my Prototype shop... one went on to become the head of the Lab at Nixteria (formerly Juicy Vapor)... one was really active in early advocacy. It was liberating back then to meet another vaper.

Times have changed... back then every vaper pretty much got along, very little drama existed and it truly WAS a community. We were focused on being ex-smokers, and we supported each other in those efforts. I see so much good about the community still, but as each day passes I see more and more back-biting and sniveling, I try to ignore it.

As China has risen, American manufacturers and builders have fallen... Pure Smoke... gone... Super T... gone... Not Cigs... Still in business hanging on by a thread... Several other US manufacturers have fallen in the clone wars as well. Vaping is becoming main stream, and the elder statesmen of the industry are dropping like flies. In 6 years I have seen the marketplace go from Ex-smokers eagerly awaiting the next innovation, to people that never smoked anxiously waiting for the price to drop on the newest 300 watt mod to grace our shores from China. Remarkable transition.

But... wow... six years... it has passed so quickly. And I still have a fond memory of hanging out in that first ProVari thread... eagerly waiting for order number 2991 to ship. We had so much fun in that thread. And the device that was placed in my hand that Christmas day... It exceeded all possible expectations, led to even more great friendships, and quite literally changed my life.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
When I started vaping, a co-worker/friend and I searched high and low for a place to buy an eCig in the city of Rochester... After two weeks of searching we found them at a smoke shop. My first was an 801, and at that time, it was absolutely impossible to buy a bottle of e-liquid in Rochester, Available Online only...

For the next year I didn't meet another person that vaped... not one. I was already modding because the performance of that 801 was horrible... so I improved it.

One Saturday afternoon in September of 2010, I did a google search for E-liquid Rochester and spotted a post on ECF discussing a meetup of western NY vapers that was taking place at a bar about 20 minutes from my house... I dropped everything and went, they mentioned in that group that they would have samples of E-liquid from several vendors to try. Prior to that, I didn't know ECF existed... I joined that day.

My world changed that day. I met about a dozen other vapers, most of whom have become close friends. One that I met is now the supervisor of my Prototype shop... one went on to become the head of the Lab at Nixteria (formerly Juicy Vapor)... one was really active in early advocacy. It was liberating back then to meet another vaper.

Times have changed... back then every vaper pretty much got along, very little drama existed and it truly WAS a community. We were focused on being ex-smokers, and we supported each other in those efforts. I see so much good about the community still, but as each day passes I see more and more back-biting and sniveling, I try to ignore it.

As China has risen, American manufacturers and builders have fallen... Pure Smoke... gone... Super T... gone... Not Cigs... Still in business hanging on by a thread... Several other US manufacturers have fallen in the clone wars as well. Vaping is becoming main stream, and the elder statesmen of the industry are dropping like flies. In 6 years I have seen the marketplace go from Ex-smokers eagerly awaiting the next innovation, to people that never smoked anxiously waiting for the price to drop on the newest 300 watt mod to grace our shores from China. Remarkable transition.

But... wow... six years... it has passed so quickly. And I still have a fond memory of hanging out in that first ProVari thread... eagerly waiting for order number 2991 to ship. We had so much fun in that thread. And the device that was placed in my hand that Christmas day... It exceeded all possible expectations, led to even more great friendships, and quite literally changed my life.

Thank you so much for sharing that! Yes, THANK YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread