Another shot at this Carto-Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amberina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Cartos are my all time favorite! Like stevegmu said I just put my filled tank with an empty carto in the thingy and open an close it about a dozen times and I'm good to go!! It doesn't get any easier than that. And then with the refilling tool, refills are a snap to. Believe me, I am not the most graceful person- just a bit accident prone- so if I can do it, I know that ANYONE can!!

Cartos tend to last me about 2-3weeks and I vape a lot. Well a lot for me- which is about 5-6mls a day. I do usually switch between two tanks though.

Just keep on going with your IBTanked tanks (my personal favorite by the way) and you will be a pro in no time!!!

Good Luck!!!!!!!

Southern Tina

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
FL
Cartos are my all time favorite! Like stevegmu said I just put my filled tank with an empty carto in the thingy and open an close it about a dozen times and I'm good to go!! It doesn't get any easier than that. And then with the refilling tool, refills are a snap to. Believe me, I am not the most graceful person- just a bit accident prone- so if I can do it, I know that ANYONE can!!

Cartos tend to last me about 2-3weeks and I vape a lot. Well a lot for me- which is about 5-6mls a day. I do usually switch between two tanks though.

Just keep on going with your IBTanked tanks (my personal favorite by the way) and you will be a pro in no time!!!

Good Luck!!!!!!!

What's the thingy and what do you open and close? I'm still kinda new to the carto's.

Tina in FL

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
What's the thingy and what do you open and close? I'm still kinda new to the carto's.

Tina in FL

Thingys are the little clear containers that the IBTanked comes in when you first get it in the mail. The cool thing is not only does it work as a container to carry your tanks around, if you place the cartotank in it and twist the cap on and off multiple times, the air pressure from tightening the container helps to force juice into the carto from the holes, giving you the perfectly primed carto. Works like a charm

On a side note, double coil cartos are the worst. Complete PITA because you always gotta keep repriming it cos the juice can never keep up with the top coil. My recommendations are a 1.5 ohms single coil carto. And oh dark high VG juices? I would steer clear of them. With Boba's bounty my carto lasts maybe 2 or 3 tanks max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Arch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
United States
casaa.org
I just put it in the thingy, screw the cap on and off a few times and am good to go.

I did this, but unfortunately it takes a bit of trial and error to find how many on/offs you need before it floods and enough to prime it fully. I also hate flooding, I hate blowing it out and making a mess. So far, the method Baditude provided has been great. I just put a few drops all around, shake it, repeat until it stops absorbing and I can see saturation through the 2 tiny little pre-punched holes, and then I put it into my carto tank, fill it up and let it sit for 10 minutes or so while taking occasional dry puffs. If I see a bubble or two, I know it's wicking properly.

Your method does work wonders though if you want something quick and you don't mind the little mess it leaves behind.

Arch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
United States
casaa.org
Oh I know. I'm learning. Nobody that I know here vapes or knows anything about them so I just learn here or on videos. I wish I had a friend close that knew a lot. But I don't. :(

Tina in FL

I'm the same way. I do have a couple friends that I personally got into vaping, including my boss that's 50 years old and vapes now after smoking for 30 years. Also his son which is my best friend and his girlfriend. They're all vaping on C-Twists with Mini Protanks though, and the girl just wants pretty stuff, my boss wants simplicity and my friend wants a pipe mod.

No one can talk to me about anything interesting. :closedeyes:

BadTrainDriver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2013
Dublin, Ohio
I did this, but unfortunately it takes a bit of trial and error to find how many on/offs you need before it floods and enough to prime it fully. I also hate flooding, I hate blowing it out and making a mess. So far, the method Baditude provided has been great. I just put a few drops all around, shake it, repeat until it stops absorbing and I can see saturation through the 2 tiny little pre-punched holes, and then I put it into my carto tank, fill it up and let it sit for 10 minutes or so while taking occasional dry puffs. If I see a bubble or two, I know it's wicking properly.

Your method does work wonders though if you want something quick and you don't mind the little mess it leaves behind.

If you use the "thingie" method, and it floods, the best way to clean it up is to wrap the square edge of a paper towel up really tight and insert it in the bottom of the cartomizer. Leave it in there for a minute and let it absorb the excess fluid. Just as an FYI, for another option.

Arch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
United States
casaa.org
If you use the "thingie" method, and it floods, the best way to clean it up is to wrap the square edge of a paper towel up really tight and insert it in the bottom of the cartomizer. Leave it in there for a minute and let it absorb the excess fluid. Just as an FYI, for another option.

Yeah, that's an option. Thanks man.

Arch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
United States
casaa.org
Just to top this thread off, after one full day I haven't even vaped through 3 ML's of liquid yet, when I'd be using my clearomizer tanks like a Protank or an Aerotank, I'd have re-filled my tank almost twice already. Either this thing preserves your liquid way more, or I'm imagining things but I've been vaping this carto tank literally all day.

All hail carto tanks. Jeez.

RebelGolfer72

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Ok... I'm caving in and begging help here. Picked up an ibtanked carto tank, and a pair of the Smok 3.2 ohm, and a pair of the 2.0 ohm cartos, a couple of the refilling drip tips, and the ProVari ring. Filled up the tank and used the thingy to prime. Worked great, draw was not as bad as I was expecting. Great flavor (I'll go as far as saying better flavor than my genesis tanks), and acceptable vapor. now after work, I noticed gurgling. Did all of the typical fixes (used the rolled paper towel to sop it up..... But it only seems to be getting worse.

I know Baditude had a guide somewhere.? My searches give me so much conflicting info. If someone could point me to that, it would be great. Or any advice. Is it my juice (40/60 I think)? Something I'm doing? Drawing too hard (used to airy genesis devices)? Too much or too little power?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I don't believe in priming until slushy. I only twist the top on the thingy 3-4 times for xl cartos. If I do it until saturation, flooding will ensue. It will feed itself from the tank as long as there is enough to start out with.
Extreme temperature changes will cause gurgling- for me. I generally leave mine in my car while at work and it will gurgle a bit while on break after sitting in the cold car, then clear up after I get home and the tank reaches a normal temperature- it has been cold enough here this winter to freeze bottles of water in my car in 4 hours...

RebelGolfer72

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I don't believe in priming until slushy. I only twist the top on the thingy 3-4 times for xl cartos. If I do it until saturation, flooding will ensue. It will feed itself from the tank as long as there is enough to start out with.
Extreme temperature changes will cause gurgling- for me. I generally leave mine in my car while at work and it will gurgle a bit while on break after sitting in the cold car, then clear up after I get home and the tank reaches a normal temperature- it has been cold enough here this winter to freeze bottles of water in my car in 4 hours...

Last evening, I gave another shot. Switched to a different juice (a little thicker), put in a new carto, primed it less, and kept it indoors. Worked perfectly. So I'm thinking there is a learning curve....and a reason for single hole vs dual hole cartos :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wagon52

Verified Member
I have 2 IBTanked carto tanks. A standard and an XL. I can't get either one of them to keep primed. It works good for a few draws and then a very nasty dry hit. Still trying to figure it all out and get it running right. Do you need to adjust the volts differently than you do for a bottom feeding tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread