Anthony Vapes: Geekvape Aegis Text Review and durability , waterproof, and performance testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with a text review and video link here

for my honest review of the Geekvape Aegis. Disclaimer: this product was sent to me for the purpose of this review from heavengifts.com

Introduction:
The Geekvape Aegis is a single 26650 mod who’s main claim to fame is being shockproof, rugged, and waterproof. Of course this will be tested during the course of this review. It’s available in 4 colors silver, yellow, gunmetal and stealth black. It’s a 100 watt mod with watt curve modes, bypass, and temp control. It’s available with a battery included which mooch tested as a really good one.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Size: 37.8 x 46.8 x 88mm
  • MAX power output: 100W
  • Instantaneous firing: 0.015s
  • MAX firing duration: 10s
  • MAX voltage duration: 9V±0.1V
  • Output mode: VW/ VPC/TC/TCR/BYPASS
  • Resistance range: 0.05-3.0ohm
  • Material: Aluminum + Zinc alloy + silicone
  • Battery: 1x 26650/18650 cell (includes a 26650 cell)
  • Temperature Range: 100-315℃/200-600℉
  • Operating temperature: -40℃ - 80℃
  • Level: IP67 waterproof and dustproof; MIL STD 810G-516.6 military grade shockproof
Included in box:
  • 1 x Geekvape Aegis

• 1 x Manuals and warranty info

• 1 x bag of spare screws, orings, and 18650 adapter
Pictures and test results
Test Chart:
NvmvwQH.png

Spreadsheet:
LMYt3Ot.png

Stock Shot Colors:
Geekvape-Aegis-box-mod-updated-details.jpg

Temp Screen:
o7BRwQt.png

Watt curve screen:
lDDyOYa.png

Yellow Version
0waJI5n.png

510 pin:
4qB0dDd.png

Water test:
9ys3JiE.jpg

Shock Proof test
Pk2OlMW.jpg

Damage:
r50jnap.png

Full uncut Video of durability testing

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this mod, I was pretty impressed with the looks and feel and of it. The build quality is fantastic as is the leather. The looks are classy yet rugged at the same time. It has a large bright screen. It can handle 30mm atomizers with no overhang. The screen is large and bright and gives a great amount of info. I love the addition of a watt curve mode as well. It’s large for a single battery mod but feels really comfortable and high quality.

Watt Mode Performance
Let’s get into some data. Resistances for this mod’s testing were done at .11, .14, .19 and .51 for the high resistance test. The mod read resistance pretty accurate within .01 ohms. The wattage testing points were max watts (100) 75, 50 and 25. At .11 ohms the mod maxed out at 103 watts and 31 amps. Since we hit the watt limit it’s possible it could do a few more amps but 30 is already great for a single battery mod. During the tests it was anywhere from 1-4 watts high. At the .14 test it maxed out at 102 watts and hit 1-3 watts high. For the .19 test it maxed out at 108 watts and ran from 1-5 watts high outside of the 8 high at max wattage.. For the high resistance test of .51 it maxed out at 109 watts and 7.469 volts. For the rest of the testing it was 1-5 watts high outside the 9 at max wattage. My max wattage overall was 109 so it does meet the 100 watts promised. If anything a little underrated. It can do it’s full watt range from .11 to .51 and possibly even a bit higher or lower but that was the range of my testing The max amps (31) is right in line or above most single battery mods and could possible be a couple more with a lower build. The 7.469 volts shows it does have a boost circuit and is very good for a single battery mod. Higher than most. The mod never got hot, or even warm at max wattage testing. it’s overall one of the cooler running mods out there. The watt curve mode worked wonderfully as well. Very smooth in it’s transition. The output was smooth and consistent. Overall I find this to be an excellent performer in watt mode that meets or exceeds it’s specs.

Temperature Control
Using SS316 wire in SS316 mode and TCR 00092 (since SS mode is locked in at 00091) I tested 8 builds ranging from single round spaced single and dual coils, to fancy single and fancy dual coils. Overall the mod does a good job at not burning cotton and feels pretty accurate at cutoff, however the throttle is really bad when it reaches temp resulting in a pulsey vape that often doesn't produce a good vape. The chip seems capable so it’s possible a firmware could fix it, but i can’t review things based on what could happen so for me it gets a fail.

Other Usage Notes
The mod features a very nice menu system. It’s a 3 click to cycle through modes, after picking a mode you can tap fire to cycle through its options then hold fire to confirm it. Very simple and easy to use and well laid out. It’s simple and works great so not much else to say

Durability Testing
Ok so let’s get into the fun stuff and go over the durability testing. I have a link above to the full uncut video of it if you wanted to watch and also a truncated version at the end of my review. It’s hard to do something that hasn’t been done. I read mooch kicked it 200 ft down a street,I seen jai haze throw it in a toilet and sink, throw it in the air to the ground. I seen DJL run it over with a car. I seen lots of people run it under a sink. So for me I did 1 test each. For the waterproof test with a battery in it and the mod on i put it in my fish tank roughly 16 inches deep submerged in water for 5 mins. Took it out and it still worked great. No issues and no water anywhere in the mod. Battery was still dry. For durability testing i tied it to a ratchet strap and dragged it behind my truck from 10-20 MPH. I took a roughly ¾ mile lap around the block only to find out i lost the mod. So i took a drive to find it and found it laying in the middle of the road around ½ mile down the path. So it got dragged for ½ mile at 10-20mph down a street behind a truck and while it looks and got beat up, it still works perfectly. So for me this gets a pass in durability testing. Not many mods that can withstand that kind of beating and no mod i know of that could sit in water that long and work.

Overall Impressions
Overall i was pretty impressed with this mod. I love the looks and style of it. The build quality is excellent and it’s durability is nearly unmatched. I was impressed at the power performance and the watt curve mode and the fact it took a beating and still works perfect is amazing.

Pros:
  • Large Bright Screen
  • Watt Mode Performance
  • Durability (very rugged mod)
  • Excellent quality 510 pin
  • Looks and style
  • Build Quality
  • Simple and easy to use menu system
  • Centered 510 pin (handles 30mm with no overhang)
  • leather quality
  • color options
  • included battery (and it’s good one tested by mooch)
  • watt curve mode
Cons:
  • Temp Mode Performance
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this mod? I don’t do hard yes or no. As a temp control mode it gets a no, doesn't work well. However as a power mode mod it’s as close to a hard yes as i can give. It’s performance is great, you get the full 100 watts , the watt curve is excellent, it’s just as durable as they promise. Hell i put my money with my mouth is a purchased one of these myself during the review i liked it so much and wanted one that didn’t look beat up as i wrecked my mod for this review. This will be on my spreadsheet for sure as a watt mode device.

For good recommendations feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it. It has 3 tabs one for juice, one for mods, and 1 for attys

Again I want to thank heavengifts.com for providing me this mod for review. Link to the product is here https://www.heavengifts.com/product/GeekVape-Aegis-TC-Box-MOD-with-26650-Battery.html with a battery. They also sell it without a battery as well.

I want to thank you guys for reading (or watching or both).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread