Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with a text review and video link here

for my honest review of the sigelei Snowwolf Vfeng mod. Disclaimer Wise, this product was sent to me for the purpose of this review from healthcabin.net.

Introduction:
The sigelei Snowwolf Vfeng is a 230 watt dual 18650 mod. It’s available in 3 colors Blue/SS, Yellow/Black, and Black/Gold. It features a large 1.3” color front screen. Modes are Power, SS (304, 316, 317), TCR (5 memory spots), Ni200, and Ti.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Size:463487mm
  • Main material:Zinc alloy+SS
  • Display:1.30〞TFT color screen
  • Wattage range:10W-230W
  • Temperature range:100℃-300℃/200℉-570℉
  • Voltage input:6.4V-8.4V
  • Voltage output:1.0V-7.5V
  • Max output current:40A
  • Battery support: 2*18650
  • Modes:POWER/SS(304/316/317)/Til/Ni200/TCR
  • Resistance range:0.05Ω-3.0Ω
  • Coil supporting:Kanthal/Titanium/Ni200/SS(304/316/317)/TCR
  • Charging support (USB):DC 5V/2.5A
  • Support USB charging
Included in box:
  • 1 x Sigelei Snowwolf Vfeng

• 1 x Manuals and warranty info
(can’t confirm anything else as i got a sample box that was barebones but i assume a USB will come as well)

Pictures and test results
Test Chart:
FyHx88N.png

Spreadsheet:
0iL56b5.png

Stock Shot Colors:
klx8QFk.png

LED:
vvqK3QJ.png

“Off” Screen:
yymxgX7.png

GUI 2:
The39px.png

Menu:
cPSfTOp.png

510 pin:
NezYVNf.png

GUI 1:
BXG50hz.png

Individual Battery Monitor:
zv6rwYV.png

Back of mod:
5bL2lan.png

510 Internal View:
zxrqEFM.png

Soft cell cut off: I’m marking at 3.25. Batts were 3.23 and 3.26 when check battery came on.

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this mod, I was pretty impressed with the screen. It’s large, colorful, very bright, and has plenty of information that’s not all jammed up. It has a very clean and easy to read UI as well as 2 options. I love the centered 510 pin and wish more mods did it. It felt heavy and well built as well. Not much plastic on this mod at all. It’s practically all metal. The battery door is really nice as is 510 pin. Some asked if it was uncomfortable but i found it a comfortable mod to hold personally. The coloring is excellent. It won’t chip or degrade. There is no rattle in the buttons either. I love the LEDS as well. Overall this mod made a very good first impression on me.

Watt Mode Performance
Let’s get into some data. Resistances for this mod’s testing were done at .11, .15, .2 and .56 for the high resistance test. The mod read resistance Live and is accurate. The wattage testing points were max watts (230) 200, 175, 150, 125, 100, 75, 50 and 25. At .11 ohms the mod maxed out at 161 watts due to the amp limit of 38 which is in line with most dual battery mods (usually around 35-40) the rest of the testing it ran between 5 low and in 1 case 10 high, but usually no more than 3 watts high depending on the settings. At the .15 test it maxed out at 192 and ran from 7 watts low to 5 watts high depending on the setting Usually within a few watts though. For the .2 test it maxed out at 167 and ran from 8 watts high to 1 watt low. For the high resistance test of .56 it maxed out at 86 watts and 6.943 volts. For the rest of the testing it was 1-11 watts high. My max wattage overall was 192 so it does fall short of the 230 promisied. It’s possible it could pass the 200 mark with a .17 build. Overall i’d consider this a 200 watt mod which is good enough for me from a dual battery mod, but not the 230 as stated. The max amps (38) is right in line with most dual battery mods and close enough to the 40 advertised to satisfy the rating in my opinion. The 6.943 volts which falls a little short of the 7.5 spec but close enough IMO and in line with most dual battery mods. Adjusting the mod under 100 watts was a bit of a pain. It does .1 increments and when you hold it, it pauses for a second then shoots up really fast. The mod never got hot, it got a little warm at max wattage testing but overall one of the cooler running mods out there. The output was smooth and consistent. Overall I find this to be a solid performer in power mode the performs as good as or better then many dual battery mods.

Temperature Control
Using SS316 wire in SS316 mode, I tested 6 builds ranging from single round spaced single and dual coils, to fancy single and fancy dual coils. While it did provide me a good vape at times, overall I found the mod to be way too inconsistent. Every atomizer i put on it was an adventure. Even switching back to ones that worked ok wound up not working ok after. It’s pretty hit and miss IMO. it did throttle well some of the time, but other times was pulsey. Ramp up was ok but you can’t select your wattage in temp mode, which is kinda a pet peeve of mine. Overall due to the inconsistent nature of the mod in temp control i’m going to give it a fail. I wouldn’t personally bother with temp control on this mod

Other Usage Notes
The mod features a very nice menu system. It’s a “3 click” to go into the menu and it’s all laid out very good. Very similar to that of the ijoy menu system. It works very well and is simple to use and learn. It has 2 GUI options which is a cool feature and plenty of info on them. Pressing up and fire will show you the individual battery voltages. A great feature that only sigelei seems to do for some reason. Pressing down and fire will lock adjustment buttons but you can still fire. 5 clicks turns the device on and off. Pressing both up and down locks resistance for temp mode only and does nothing for power mode. No preheat option on this mod which was a curious feature to leave out as many sigelei mods have that, but usually the snowwolf one’s don’t.

Overall Impressions
Overall i was pretty impressed with this mod. I love the looks and style of it. The build quality is excellent and it should be quite durable. It has an excellent 510 pin. It reads resistance accurate and has plenty of depth for any atomizer. It’s centered and can do 29mm with no overhang. A 30mm will overhang a very small amount on the backside only due to a slanted to, but won’t overhang the mod as a whole. I love the LED options but if you don’t you can disable them.

Pros:
  • Large Bright Color Screen
  • Watt Mode Performance
  • LED lights
  • Excellent quality 510 pin
  • Looks and style
  • Build Quality and color
  • Simple and easy to use menu system
  • Centered 510 pin (29mm no flush, 30mm looks ok still)
Cons:
  • Temp Mode Performance
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this mod? 1st of I want to say as always i’m an open book and will be upfront with you guys. I’ve used this mod for 12 days now so I don’t want to full on give it my recommendation, but with the lack of info out on this mod, I felt it was important to test it and get some good info out there for people looking. I will say all signs do point to yes currently as a watt mode mod, however it’ll be a no for temp mode mods. I will continue to use this mod for another 2-3 weeks in the effort of being thorough and after that point, will likely be adding it to my sheet as a watt mode mod. I can’t foresee any issues personally in the next 2-3 weeks but again, I want to be thorough and will update this review at that point as well. If you were interested in this mod, I think you will be happy personally with it as i really like this mod myself.

For good recommendations feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it. It has 3 tabs one for juice, one for mods, and 1 for attys

Again I want to thank healhcabin.net for providing me this mod for review. Link to the product is here http://www.healthcabin.net/sigelei-snowwolf-vfeng-230w-box-mod-p/14763.html They are currently running a sale of 20% off sitewide with coupon code school bringing the price to just under 64 bucks which puts it cheaper then anything i see on vapecrawler currently. Not sure how long the sale will last though but i just checked this morning and it’s still active. They have the yellow in stock, black and blue on pre-order, and it comes with a hat and shirt lol

I want to thank you guys for reading (or watching or both).

Tomorrow on I’ll be posting up a review of the Hcigar VT250s. And on wednesday I’ll be on my channel posting an info video on flavor and clouds as well as issuing a warning on the wismec RX gen 3 that the 510 is still not fixed and is a bad one as well. I felt it was important to push up my “Friday” info video to wednesday to issue that warning on the mod as it seems many reviewers don’t have the knowledge or cojones to speak up about it. I will have a formal review for the mod ASAP where i’ll explain it in further detail.

Reactions: iNcEnDiArY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread