Anthony Vapes: Vapefly Fantasy and Fantasy Mini Sub Ohm tanks Text & Video Review. Smok Beast Killer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with a text review and video link here

for my honest review of the Vapefly Fantasy Mini and Vapefly Fantasy Sub ohm tanks. I’m going to do a 2 for 1 review today and go over both. The link to my video above is for the vapefly fantasy mini. I’ll be posting the video of the full size vapefly tomorrow so link isn’t active yet but it’ll be here when it is >

Disclaimer Wise this product was sent to me for the purpose of the review directly from vapefly, also see the end as they sent me an extra fantasy mini to give away :)

Introduction:
The Vapefly Fantasy Mini and Vapefly Fantasy are 2 new sub ohm tanks on the market. The mini version is in the same range as the smok big baby beast and ijoy exo x while the fantasy is in the range of the TFV12 and Eco 12 Supertanks. Both feature a unique top/side fill that locks into place. The main draw is the coil compatibility.

Manufacturer's Specs: Fantasy Mini
  • 25 mm diameter
  • 4ml Juice Capacity
  • Stainless Steel Construction
  • Pyrex Glass Tube
  • M8 0.15ohm Baby beast style coil - rated for 50 to 120 watts
  • M2 0.5 ohm Atlantis Style coil - Rated for 40-70 watts
  • Widebore Drip Tip
  • 510 Connection
  • Available in Stainless Steel, Black
  • Compatible with coils from: TFV8 baby beast (and big baby beast), Ijoy Exo X (and Exo S), Aspire Atlantis (and all atlantis compatible coils). Fill list here http://..................com/threads/aspire-atlantis-coil-fits.110143/
Included in box: Fantasy Mini
  • Vapefly Fantasy Mini Tank

• (1) M2 coil and (1) M8 coil

• Spare Glass

• Bag of o-rings

• (2) Coil head adapters
Manufacturer's Specs: Fantasy
  • 28 mm diameter
  • 6ml Juice Capacity
  • Stainless Steel Construction
  • Pyrex Glass Tube
  • F12 .12 ohm TFV12 style rated 130-200 watts
  • F2 0.15 ohm TFV12 Style rated 90-160 watts
  • F6 0.15 ohm Cleito 120 Style coil - Rated for 100-140 watts
  • Compatible with coils from: TFV12, Eco 12, Cleito 120
  • Widebore Drip Tip
  • 510 Connection
  • Available in Stainless Steel/Black, Black/SS, Black/Gold
Included in box: Fantasy
  • Vapefly Fantasy Tank

• (1) F12 coil and (1) F6 coil and (1) F2 Coil

• Spare Glass

• Bag of o-rings

• (2) Coil head adapters
Pictures: Fantasy Mini
Color Options:
201751615273.jpg

Unique Fill:
201751615297.jpg

Coil Adapters:
201751615387.jpg

Exploded View:
2017516154013.jpg

Pictures: Fantasy
Color Options:
2017516165611.jpg

Unique Fill:
201751617017.jpg

Coil Adapters:
201751617645.jpg

Exploded View:
201751617726.jpg

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got these tanks I was pretty impressed with build quality. Lets just put it out there these are pretty much made to be alternate versions of the TFV12 and TFV8 big baby beast. With that said they do have a heavier more solid feel than their smok counterparts. The top fill design was great. No issues filling with any style of bottle or dripper. I found it much easier to fill then the smok versions. Especially the big baby beast which has a small fill hole compared to most tanks now. Both tanks look just beautiful and feel really well made. The fantasy has a contrasting color ring on the top and bottom that really makes it stand out. The main thing I love about it is the adapters. It means these tanks have more coil options than any other tanks on the market. The metal cage on the inside is a nice touch as well. Similar to that of the ijoy exo xl tanks. It gives it a bit more style than a plain glass.

Coil Performance
Now to the important stuff. How does it vape? Lets start with the Mini. I started with the smok style coil which is the M8 coil. It’s similar to the smok T8 coil. It’s a 4 chamber 2 coils per chamber 8 coil head. Rated at 50-120 I found it best around 65-70 watts personally. The flavor felt a little better than the smok version and the coil lasted me a solid 2 weeks. Then onto the M2 coil coil which is similar to the aspire atlantis coil. It’s rated 40-70 watts But i found it best around 45-50 watts. It lasted me 2 weeks as well. I liked this a bit better then the atlantis coils personally. The best part is it’s compatible with all the baby beast coils and atlantis coils which is more than 30+ coil options on this tank. With that many there is bound to be something for everyone. I have a list above.

Now for the Fantasy, I started with the big boy. The F12 coil, which is a 12 coil 6 chamber just like the smok T12 coil and the performance was pretty much the same. No noticeable difference It’s rated for 130-20 watts. I found it best around 160-170. It’s best used with a triple battery or quad battery mod. It lasted me 2 weeks. Then I went onto the Cleito 120 style coil. The F6 it’s a .15 ohm coil and made just like the cleito 120 coil. Tall coil 3 chambers 2 coils per chambers (6 coil) It’s rated at 100-140 I found it best at around 110. It lasted me 2 weeks as well and performed just like the cleito 120 coils themselves. Then the F2 coil which is just like the smok Q4 coil (even with the lightning bolts on the side) This one I used the day of recording. It’s rated 90-160 watts. I find it best at 100 watts with the air 33% open. I’ve only been using it 3 days now and it’s still working great and is just like the smok version.

Overall Impressions
Overall I was very impressed with these tanks. The build quality, the looks, the flavor, the coil life was all well above average. The huge draw for me on these tanks is the coil compatibility. There isn’t any tanks on the market with more coil options. This allows a wide range of watt users and makes it easy to get coils for. Somewhere there will be a coil that works in these tanks for everyone’s vape style. The filling method is really nice as well. I love the idea of it. It works great and it’s unique. The fantasy mini is good for single and dual battery mods while the fantasy is best with a triple battery or more mod, however if you want to use just the F2 and F6 coils it’s fine for a dual battery mod.

Pros: (both tanks)
  • Build Quality
  • Looks
  • High capacity (4 and 6 ml)
  • Fill port
  • Coil compatiblity (more coil options for these tanks than any other in their class)
  • No Leaks
  • Coil Performance and Life
  • color options
  • Drip tip
Cons:
  • No RBA included

• Vapefly coils may be hard to find

• (fantasy only) would have preferred 810 tip with 510 adapter
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend these tanks? I don’t like to do hard yes or no, but these two lean heavily towards the yes. They are 2 of the better sub ohm tanks on the market currently. The concept of making them compatible with 2 completely different coil styles really opens up the options. For instance like the cleito 120 but wish it had a higher capacity? Get a fantasy throw in the cleito 120 coils and get 50% more capacity. Like the TFV12 but wish it had more lower watt coil options get a fantasy. Like the baby beast and the atlantis? Get a fantasy mini and use both coils in it. It’s really such a great idea. And it makes the watt range on these tanks very wide. Personally I own 2 big baby beasts, a baby beast, a cleito 120, 2 TFV12s, and an eco 12 and these 2 tanks can replace all of those. Not to mention it’s a little known item so it’s something different then what everyone has. And it really negates the cons. I wish it included an RBA deck though. I’m not sure if the big baby RBA will work in the mini due to the glass sizes and funny enough I don’t have a big baby rba. Only the baby rba. For the fantasy however I have the Cleito 120 RBA deck, Eco 12 RBA deck, and TFV12 RBA deck and all 3 work in it so you have several RBA deck options. By my count the fantasy should have about 15 coil options and 4 RBA deck options. The fantasy mini should have about 45 coils options. And both use a 510 tip so tons of tip options as well. I’ll be adding both these tanks to my spreadsheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread