1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

ANTZ suggestions on FDA comments....

Discussion in 'FDA Regulations' started by Kent C, Jul 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kent C

Kent C ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

From glantz blog

h ttps://tobacco.ucsf.edu/how-submit-public-comments-fda-ecig-and-cigar-deeming-and-ucsf-comments

Interesting to know, but this isn't to recommend or to not recommend doing the same.

Also glantz is reporting what a Tobacco group (NATO) is telling their retailers regarding 'comments'

h ttps://tobacco.ucsf.edu/what-tobacco-retailers-are-being-told-say-fda-about-cigars-pipe-tobacco-and-ecigs

[Premarket Review Background: Do Not Include in Comments: For cigars, pipe tobacco, and electronic cigarettes, that were not on the market as of February 15, 2007, manufacturers of these products would need to submit a premarket tobacco application (PMTA) to the FDA within 24 months following the effective date of the final deeming regulations. If a PMTA application is filed with the FDA during this 24-month period, then the manufacturer can continue to market its products unless and until the FDA responds to the application. The standard to be used by the FDA in reviewing PTMA’s will be whether the tobacco product is appropriate for the protection of the public health or detrimental to the public health.]

Also (just posted)

h ttps://tobacco.ucsf.edu/shareable-microsite-generate-comments-fda-deeming-docket

2. DrMA

DrMA Ultra Member ECF Veteran

That's ok, we have those facilities as well. Here, let me help - click the link below to submit your own comment:

http://www.regulations.gov/#!submitComment;D=FDA-2014-N-0189-20870

Edit: In light of the "quantity vs quality" argument, I've decided to start submitting single-issue micro-comments daily from now until the comment period is closed. Today's topic: the recent ASH reports debunking the gateway myth.

3. Kent C

I just figured it is always good to know what your enemy is thinking :D

The quantity vs. quality thing does make a lot of sense and if they're counting and tagging subject matter or pros and cons then it may be a good idea. It read like they're doing a 'division of labor' thing as well - splitting up subjects/points. We're not that organized :laugh: .....yet

4. DrMA

We can do 'division of labor' individually, as I suggested above. Last nite I submitted a 1-page comment discussing the ASH findings from England, Wales, and Scotland. Today I'll write another 1-pager with the ECITA ejuice report. Ergo, work was divided.

You can find the micro-comments mentioned above on my blog. Feel free to reuse.

5. sky4it

sky4it Super Member ECF Veteran

Informative. Thanks.

If the best spin doctor they got is Glantz, makes me think we got a chance. If only people would come together.

wouldnt it just be weird if 5 years from now we found out Glantz was sneaking into bathrooms smoking Pall Mall's and had a bottle of listerine strapped to his leg. I knew this Professor one time when I was in college and he,,<<<< oh never mind.

6. Just Me

Just Me Super Member ECF Veteran

Wouldn't it make sense to think they're doing the same by reading here and elsewhere? I'm guessing they are.

7. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I don't think there is much Doubt that they Are.

I know many HR Managers read this site to get Information on the Way that People use e-Cigarettes.

8. Kent C

9. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All ECF Veteran

Supporting member
  10. DC2

DC2 Tootie Puffer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I've got a list of names of people I don't want to hear open their blowholes ever again...

1) Stanton Glantz
    2) Ellen Hahn
    3) Prue Talbot
    4) Senator Boxer
    5) Senator Durbin
    6) Senator Harkin
    7) Senator Rockefeller
    8) Senator Waxman
    9) Senator Blumenthal

I'm sure there are many more, but you get the point...

If I get some time, maybe I'll compile a list of the people who want to kill us.
    I know the above is just a short list with room for tremendous growth.

11. DrMA

Start with the glANTZ 129 from the WHO letter; add the politicians from above, and the regulators from CDC and FDA; that should be pretty close to a full list.

In case you're wondering... yes, I have one... I'm preparing the text of the indictment for crimes against humanity in the Hague for the people on this list.

12. Jman8

Jman8 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Copy and paste Glantz's "Why we are supporting so many shorter comments" numbered list and let FDA be aware of what ANTZ is up to and how they believe FDA is wrong that number of comments matters more than quality of content.

13. Tangaroav

Tangaroav Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Although I do not have much hope for a satisfying resolution, I will write at least one comment a day. Thanks for the suggestions, it helps.

14. sonicdsl

sonicdsl Reviewers Mgr
    Asst Classifieds Mgr
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I'm going to pretend I didn't see all of that. What was proposed, and now removed from this thread, is ethically questionable, and definitely against the rules here:

25. Attacking other websites
    Members' use of this forum to discuss spamming, trolling or disruption of other sites is not allowed.
    a. No posts discussing the placing of unwanted text or materials on another website or forum are allowed.
    b. No posts advocating methods to carry out such attacks are allowed.
    c. No posts giving resources to carry out such attacks are allowed.
    d. Members who attack other sites in any way are at risk of being banned. This includes trolling, spamming links, or acting in a way likely to bring ECF into disrepute on other sites.

Whether you agree with me or not, that's basically what was proposed, and we don't condone trolling, regardless of the venue.

I understand the passion, as I feel it as well, but there is always a good way to go about getting points across without resorting to those types of tactics.

15. Tangaroav

Tangaroav Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

At least you did not shut down the whole thread as was done in another I was posting in and was invaded by unsavory caracters who did their best to have the thread shut down and were successful, :(

16. ForeverDiving

ForeverDiving Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mexican vapers are being attacked as well and our bureaucrats take their clues from the US (¿?). I find this terrifying. I think I'll begin stashing hardware, DIY materials and pipe tobacco vacuum sealed tins. If push comes to shove I can be NETting on that for a looooong time. Fortunately I'm vaping on 0 nic now.

17. aikanae1

aikanae1 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm a little surprised with the Mexican heavy-handed approach. If it ever comes to it, (not sure this is allowed) Reddit has a forum for people willing to personally ship to int'l customers items (like eliquids) that aren't shipped int'l by vendors. Personal shipping rates are higher than some business rates, so it can get expensive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.