Status
Not open for further replies.

nlgeekdad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
So I did it, because I won the Joytech giveaway I will finally have my first mod and as such I wanted to get a rebuildable. I have no experience with rebuildables personally (well except for my clearomizers that I have tinkered with), I did a lot of research on it and I couldn't decide which would be better for me so I got both. The question for you all is where do I start when they arrive? I got a GT-T V2 rta and a Velocity Styled rda.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
What do you currently use? Want more flavor or more clouds? What kind of juice you using? MTL vaper or Lung hitter?

Personally I would start by building at around the same levels I vape my clearos... Then adjust from there. I would also expect to need 2 completely different builds for the 2 attys. My guess is you will want the coil to be a bit hotter for the RDA than the RTA. But that isn't always true.

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States
I would recommend YouTube tutorials as a good starting point. In addition to viewing those addressing GT-T v2 and the Velocity, pay special attention to tutorials addressing battery safety, and basic e-cig circuit theory. Ensure you understand battery ratings as they pertain to the resistance of your coil builds.

Educate yourself and develop confidence with that knowledge before beginning rebuilding.

Reactions: EBates

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
What mod are you going to power those toppers with?
Or did I miss that?

I would start out with the tank and build no lower than 1.5 ohms.
Using clearos? And maybe go with 8-10 watts and see how that works out.
the Velocity is HOT. Try a single coil at about 2 ohms first. and about the same wattage if you have an adjustable mod.

I recently moved up from Kanger T3S's to a subtank mini and it is nice with the 1.2 ohm factory coil on a mech mod. Not hot and lots of pretty tasty vapors.
I also got a Velocity mini. and it is waiting after my first two builds on it were hot! I built paralell 3 ohm coils on it which owkrs out to 1.5 and it is still hot.

also you will likely want to drop you nic level a bit as you will get more vapor and nic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread